finding your f voice.

• April 14, 2008 3:54 PM BST
    i found this on youtube and i thought some of you may like to view the page she deals with the m2 f voice and she does it so well, she has a few video blogs and i think she rocks. anyway the link is... http:///uk.youtube.com/wa[...]related
  • April 14, 2008 5:12 PM BST
    HI Samantha,
    Thank you for the link... she is very interesting....

Here is a clickable link....

http://uk.youtube.com/wat[...]related

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 62 posts
    April 15, 2008 5:22 AM BST
    Wow. She has a LOVELY voice. I really like her videos and have watched nearly all of them. Still working on it. Luckily I have messed with falsetto for years now so thats easy and it doesn't even really strain my voice. So its just working with lowering it to find that workable voice. Candi has a great sense of humor though. Thanks for the link!!

<3 Angelyn
  • April 18, 2008 3:03 AM BST
    Thanks for the link I found these tips to be very helpful and some are very funny I'll give it a shot I mean hell I cant loss any things better then me ultra deep male voice
    • 404 posts
    June 20, 2008 2:56 PM BST
    Having finally got the sound card to work I can now appreciate this link...........Mickey/Minnie Mouse- here I come!! Basically,I think this is a practical course on how to develope your 'head' voice as against the usual 'gut' voice. Strangely,for some reason I start developing an aussie accent when I go falsetto!

G'day and good on yer,TW-Sheilas.. oh-oh..........

Have fun at the barbie in Manchester!!!

ciao
    Lynn H.
    • 3 posts
    June 24, 2008 5:32 PM BST
    CRTL+D bookmark for later when I'm not in the office.

Thanks so much ladies!
    • 114 posts
    August 24, 2009 6:26 PM BST
    I thoroughly enjoyed these. I really appreciate her sense of humor.

I've discovered some of this as a result of some voice and acting classes I took when I was younger. But, I can't even come close to her.

Practice, practice, practice.

:-)

• 29 posts
    August 25, 2009 2:00 PM BST
    Hi Samantha,
    I was provided her link several months ago and she is so wonderful! I love her sense of humor and instruction. I believe there are five videos all of which I downloaded. She has a few other videos as well covering other topics. I'm glad you shared this one with the girls. Hugs.
    • 430 posts
    August 25, 2009 3:19 PM BST
    For the Aussie girls out there.......

The Prince of Wales ( i think it was that one, the big hospital in Ranwick anyway) offer a 6 week course in speach therapy for m2f transexuals. They run it with 6 people in the course at a time and its one two hour session a week. They run you through quite alot of different techniques that are very useful. I know it must do a good job as I always get told I have a lovely voice and that I should work in radio (I have been told that one no less then 4 occasions! if you can believe that!).

The best bit is, its all covered by medicare and didnt cost me one cent!
  • August 24, 2009 8:55 PM BST
    Superb timing Samantha...

I had an appointment this afternoon with Speech Therapist at local hospital and she said my voice wan't too male even though I said it always lets me down...
    session went: spent maybe 15minutes taking notes of why I was transitioning, since when, how far along, when SRS, etc.
    then a few minutes talk on general speech and voice matters.
    then she switched tape recorder on and asked me a few questions then asked me to say ABCDEeeeeeeeeeeeeee drawing the eee as high and long as I could...then reverse from high long eeeeeeeeeEDCBto the lowest A I could manage... then gave me a page of story to read out,
    then a bit more of general chat that wasn't really therapy.

Lasted about 40 minutes and she didn't offer any advice and I didn't think I got any progressive help or comment at all yet.

She now spends time over next two weeks listening to my voice tape and trying to decide what to offer when I see her again on 9 Sept.