Nearly Gone

• May 1, 2008 9:02 AM BST
    I have to agree with everything said so far in this thread. I did a really stupid thing but at the time it seemed right to me. It wasn't anything to do with the fact that I'm transitioning. I'm now looking forward to the rest of my life - especially if I haven't damaged my liver.
    Since Monday I've tried to get back to normal.
    Monday evening was spent with Bob at the rugby club - I only drink soft drinks so no alcohol problems there. Wednesday morning was spent in the city centre shops spending and chatting. Wednesday afternoon saw me explaining all to my GP and then telling work that I'd be back next week. Lots of the girls were asking why I was not at work as they knew I had no holiday planned until mid May. At least the managers have kept quiet. Last night we went to the theatre to watch Fiddler on the Roof. This afternoon it's nails infills and later voting. Then tomorrow evening it's the rugby club annual dinner dance so out with the glad rags.

Alina xx
  • April 29, 2008 10:25 PM BST
    Hi Girls
    Some of you may have heard about me. I know that at times I feel as though I'm a bit too talkative. Well my talking nearly ceased on Saturday afternoon. I took an overdose to end my life. Personal problems not associated with my transitioning got on top of me. As far as killing me was concerned the drugs were no use apart from long term. They are more likely to kill my liver first. Anyway after being dragged, screaming and kicking, to hospital I'm now in the clear apart from a sore tummy and croaky throat.
    I know that another thread has been started offering hands of friendship but I'm not sure this would have stopped me from doing what I did on this occasion. I made my mind up and acted very fast, no trying to get others to listen to me first. A sort of wham, bam, thank you mam type of thing.

Anyway I'm back now and looking forward to my future:
    July 19th GRS
    October 18th wedding.

Alina xxx
    • 1083 posts
    April 30, 2008 7:32 AM BST
    Alina, hon--

Along with everyone else, I'm glad you're back and okay. If you ever want to talk, that's why we're all here. (Granted, as women, we do tend to talk quite a bit...! )

In addition, you can e-mail me privately if there's some stuff you don't want to share with the world. Sometimes, it's good just to share what's on your mind without telling all 21,000+ of us. I'm good at keeping secrets!

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Minako Sakura
  • April 30, 2008 7:43 AM BST
    I'm perhaps not that talkative on this site but on some I don't stop. I think a lot has to do with the fact that I don't like chat rooms. I'll have to be quiet tonight because my Fiance and I will be at the theatre. We are going to see Fiddler on the Roof.

I'd like to thank everyone here for their support over the last few days. Yes, I was a very silly girl. I couldn't even pick drugs that kill quickly. I had to pick something that attacks the liver. Fortunately my back problem does not occur as often as it has in the past so I shouldn't need those anti inflammatories and pain killers. Hopefully my blood pressure tablets, gout tablets and most importantly my HRT will see me OK. I will admit that this was not a cry for help but a quick way out of personal problems. Work related ones were talked over with my shop manager and deputy manager on Monday afternoon but I'm hoping I can cast aside all thoughts about my daughter's wedding. I'm not even supposed to know when that is.
    Still I have my own wedding to look forward to in October. My son and daughter will be getting an invite to it but I have no idea if they will be there. That's up to them.

Take note I've updated my avatar. It was taken in Oxford City Centre on 20 April at the Scouts' St Georges Day Parade.

Once again thanks everyone.

Alina xxx
    • 614 posts
    April 30, 2008 10:12 AM BST
    HI yas alina

good to see ya back on this site and like i told you in a message on the other site if you ever need a sholder to talk to or ear to chow rember im only 15 mins away
    • 374 posts
    April 30, 2008 11:08 AM BST

Hi Alina,

I'm so glad to hear that you're ok. You gave all the girls here a real scare! I don't really know you other than reading some of your posts, but is sounds like you have a lot more going for you than a lot of other girls: a fiance, scheduled GRS, upcoming wedding & a job. I hope you never feel like doing what you did ever again...but if you do...please reach out and talk to someone. Things always have a way of working out...no matter how bad or hopeless they might seem at the time.

You have so much to look forward to Alina. I wish you all the very best

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 315 posts
    April 30, 2008 2:46 PM BST

Hi Alina,

I'm so, so glad to see you back here, safe and sound!

I can only echo what the other girls have already said, and though I don't especially know you, I've read your posts over my time here, and I know that you've so many good times ahead of you !!

Don't forget that we're all here for you (and anyone else), so please, let us know if there's ANYTHING we can do to help, both now and in the future.

Lovely to see you're "on the up" again.

Hugs,
    Angela. xxxx.
    • 2627 posts
    April 29, 2008 11:14 PM BST
    I'm so glad your here with us!!
    Please don't do anything like. We all love you very much.
    • 1652 posts
    April 29, 2008 10:32 PM BST
    Alina, I have no doubt that everyone here is extremely glad to see you.
    Women wouldn't be women if we weren't talkative!
    I have the greatest respect for you, so loads of love and hugs to you babe.
    xx
    • 2127 posts
    April 29, 2008 10:39 PM BST
    I'm so glad you are back with us again Alina. I don't mind telling you that you gave us all quite a fright!

Have you seen Sarah Ann Slavin's thread here...?

http://gendersociety.com/[...]4245322

I hope you are back with us for good and that you won't be going away again anytime soon.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 734 posts
    April 29, 2008 10:54 PM BST
    WB Alina,

I'm so happy to read your post and wish you all the very best for the future

Much love

Ray xx
    • 2463 posts
    April 29, 2008 11:05 PM BST
    Go ahead and talk all you want. We'll listen.

Glad to have you back.

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    April 30, 2008 12:56 PM BST
    Hi Alina, it's really good to see you back here again after that scare. I will say 'Don't do it again!' because you have so much going on in your future and you owe to yourself to enjoy that. Good luck with your GRS and I really hope the wedding day is everything it should be.

Warm wishes,

Nikki