Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Fiction » Chain Story Comments.

Chain Story Comments.

• Hi Girls,

As you know the "Chain Story" is suffering from a little bit of a slow birth, but, I just wanted to thank Sue (Hevy) for joining our ranks of contributors.

Good on ya, Sue!! The more the merrier!

It's only a bit of fun, so, anyone who fancies a go, please do !!
    We're not after a Booker or Orange prize-winner !
    So don't think you can't.
    You never know 'til you try!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      May 24, 2008 11:40 AM BST
    lol, the rules are fine, Angela - I just have a terrible habit of not using a sentence when a paragraph will do!

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      May 8, 2008 2:42 PM BST

• Hi all ..............................

First of all, thanks Rae and Porscha for keeping the story going.

Rae, I understand you're comment about restricting yourself to a couple of paragraphs, but I put that "rule" in to try and prevent someone "hi-jacking" the story, and writing what could be thought of as chapters, taking the story away from the premise of being a combined effort!
    But, as things are going a little slowly at present, within reason, I'm prepared to "relax" this, so, if you feel that a "little" longer posting is better, Do it !!!
    But, if things develop, and we get more people taking part, or someone "abuses" this relaxation, I'll think about re-instating the 2 paragraphs "rule".

Also, until we have more people taking part, hopefully, the 4 postings rule can be relaxed as well.

So, come-on everybody ........................... get those creative juices flowing, and give it a go !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      May 8, 2008 9:19 AM BST
    Hi Angela,

I'm still discovering all the threads and forums and posts and goodness knows what else that may lurk deep in the TW underbelly...

... and somehow missed this forum altogether!

I hope your idea gathers momentum as its a great idea and fantastic fun! [and harder than it looks, lol]

Maybe people are concerned that they have to write in a certain way but the myriad of styles and idea's are the essence of a 'chain story'.

The hardest parts for me were to restrict myself to two short paragraphs [I hate that discipline!] and to try and minimise my natural quirkiness and humour - well, we have started off a litle sombre...!

Much love to you hunni - and thanks again.

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      May 8, 2008 12:40 AM BST

• Hi Girls,

Well, it's been a week now, that the Chain Story thread has been up and running, and, apart from Porscha, no-one else seems to be feeling creative !!

So, please, if any of you have a chance, have a go !!
    We're not looking at getting a Booker Prize winner out of it, just a chance for you all to show a bit of "Literary Genius" !! lol.

Come on, give it a go ............................. nothing ventured, nothing gained !!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 7, 2008 6:27 AM BST

• OK,

Porscha's got things started ................... (thanks Hun !! ), ....................... so, if you fancy it, have a go.

It's all a bit of fun, so give it a try ..................... you never know, we might even find a budding writer amongst you !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 1, 2008 1:38 PM BST

• Hi Danique,

Thanks for your encouragement re: starting the Story thread.

I totally understand why you say you'll "sit this one out".
    No worries !!!

Hopefully though, some of the girls and boys will feel "creative", and give it a go !!

As for having a go at a story myself ......................... Who's to say I haven't already, in the past ?
    ( we ALL have "little secrets" that we hide away under our "other" personna !

Anyway ................ thanks for your support ...............

Lets see some of you letting the "creative juices" flow !! .....................

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
      May 1, 2008 9:16 AM BST

• Hi Girls (and Boys),

This thread is for anyone who has comments or suggestions to make about the "Chain Story" that's running in the "parallel" thread.

Post your ideas, etc. here, rather than in the story thread, so that the story "reads" without break.

Hope you enjoy, and take part in it !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx
      April 30, 2008 4:05 PM BST