Clock Watching?

• 171 posts
    May 27, 2008 4:20 PM BST
    As I'm not full-time, visits to TrannyWeb allow me to 'exist'. The pull that TWeb exerts is therefore significant, and so I visit daily. But it can be too addictive, and a glance at my time-sheets suggests that TWeb may actually have a detrimental effect upon my productivity. This equate to income. Income directly links to spending. Spending defines my wardrobe. It is a cruel circle.

It's up to me to rectify this of course, but I'd be interested to know how you control your own visits? Are you also addicted?

Of course, without TWeb it's possible that this girl would not be flourishing. That's ultimately positive, and perhaps will outweigh the lost income in the longer term...
    • 1083 posts
    May 29, 2008 3:48 AM BST
    Rachel, hon--

Very few of us live fulltime as the women we are (or want to be.) I get to spend most of my time as a woman--but not full time; I suspect that fulltime is a myth for many of us (and have said so for a number of years). Don't beleive me? Here's an article from 2003.

As for your time on T-Web...

**sighs**

Girl, you're gonna have to learn to do things in moderation. Much of my first three books hints at that; we can't all just suddenly become women all at once without people freaking out. There are steps to take, one at a time.

So, if you are looking at your timesheet and realizing you're here a little too often...best you set a limit, dear, and stick to it. I got busted at work once for simply being on T-Web, and had to cut back quite a bit for a time. Now that I work from home, work has to come first. (If I do all the stuff I'd rather be doing, I'd be unemployed very quickly, I suspect.)

One last thought... start being the woman you are in real time, not just online. (It's a lot more fun honey, let me tell you! ) While you can't replace the friends you'll make here...you'll make new friends to go out live with. (If I could be at Sparkle, I'd be there!)

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina Sakura
    • 171 posts
    May 29, 2008 1:18 PM BST
    Hi Minako
    Thanks for the comments. The fundamental dilemma of not being able to be a woman in real time - due to numerous reasons, remains. TWeb's value as a result, is enhanced. Believe me, I am trying to resist the temptations on offer and structure my time accordingly.
    Hugs
    Rachel
    • 2017 posts
    May 29, 2008 4:37 PM BST
    Hi Rachel, yes, this can be an addictive place and I have found myself in the chatroom night after night, which is unfair to my family so I make sure I have a break from that side of it occasionally. However, I do check in on a daily basis to check on the forums and to welcome new members, this only stops when I'm away.

As for being full time, just be yourself girl, it's the way to happiness with yourself. I may not be fulltime but I live a lot of my life as a woman, and as a consequence, (and because of how I dress when trying to be a male), I still get my gender mistaken, which feels great. Being full time would be nice but this is a close second and I get to keep my family this way too.

Nikki