Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » Ratings please

Ratings please

Tags : None
    "My fellow Americans..." as our presidents liked to say.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 - (one being lowest rating and 10 being the highest)

Question: How are your feelings about the media coverage of the pre-convention coverage?

thanks
    (just trying to keep this forum alive)
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      May 28, 2008 3:56 PM BST
  • Hi Mary Grace,

I would give the media about a 7 or an 8. It seems to be a major priority on all of the networks, particularly the cable channels. I would add however that I don't think that they've been totally fair to Hillary. I think that Barrack's gotten more favorable coverage. Just my opinion.
    Donna
      May 29, 2008 3:25 PM BST
  • Personally I believe the lobbyists and the media have more effect on an election than the american voters now have. They pretty much openly choose favorites and shove it down your throat and smear everyone else.

A perfect example is how prior to the primaries Hilliary was considered a shoe in for the democrat nomination. Hilliary was treated with kid gloves and could do no wrong. Nobody ever pointed out that she never actually answers questions. The Clinton's were basically the greatest thing since sliced bread. But out of nowhere the anti-Hilliary crowd and black voters embrassed Obama. Obama's platform is change, although he hasn't offered any ideas yet, pretty much more of the same. The thing is he can do no wrong now and the news stories seem to want to talk about an end of an era for the scandalous Clintons. Who would have seen that coming a year ago?

Hugs,
    Marsha

May 29, 2008 6:07 PM BST
  • That is so true Marsha. A year ago at this time it appeared that Hillary had the nomination in her back pocket, but my how times have changed. I actually think that Hillary was over confident & figured that she would have the nomination locked by Super Tuesday on February 5. I'm basing this on the fact that she did little or no campaigning in the states that held primaries after Super Tuesday. My how the mighty have fallen.
      May 30, 2008 4:12 PM BST
    Thank you both for your responses.
    Marsha Ann I agree we get a lot shoved at us from what used to be called "the talking heads."
    I guess (in my humble opinion)they want to keep their jobs so they repeat themselves eight or nine times.
    hugs
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      May 30, 2008 4:12 PM BST