Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Polly Ticks » No done deal for Democratic Party

No done deal for Democratic Party

Tags : None
    If anyone accepts that the Presidential candidate for the Democratic Party is a "slam dunk" go to http://www.demconvention.com/?lang=en
    and read "Convention 101."
    I've always known the mechanics of the convention but the "fine print" is enlightening.
    As Will Rogers said "I don't belong to an organized political party, I'm a Democrat."
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      June 4, 2008 3:52 PM BST
  • You are definitely right on top of things Mary. When it comes to selecting their candidate, the republican party is far more democratic about it than democrats. The democrat party super delegates carry far more power than most people realize.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      June 4, 2008 5:29 PM BST

• Hi girls,

Just heard on the BBC Breakfast News .........................

Hillary Clinton will "officially" announce her withdrawal from the Presidential Race on Saturday morning (US time)!

Apparently, this was passed to the BBC by what they describe as "a Senior Member of her Campaign Team".

Just thought that I'd pass it on !

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      June 5, 2008 8:16 AM BST
  • I think it came down to the democrat party just could not afford anymore fighting between Obama and Clinton. It was reaching a point where McCain could just sit back and let the two rip each other apart.

I also believe in the past democrats were able to overlook the Clinton scandals, but now it is time to start fresh. The Clinton era is now effectively over.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      June 5, 2008 12:33 PM BST
    Sen. Clinton hasn't withdrawn from the race. From what I've heard on the news is that she "suspended" her campaign. Stands to reason, there's not much either "wannabe" can do until the national convention in August.
    My thinking is that there will be a lot of backroom dealings and neither will get the nod.
      June 5, 2008 10:03 PM BST
  • Neither will get the nod? Hmm, how about this scenario: The dems dump Obama and Clinton and go with McCain, telling the republicans to go get their own candidate, lol.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      June 5, 2008 10:52 PM BST
  • Mary ..................

You're perfectly correct that, as of today, Hillary Clinton has "suspended" her campaign, but, all news channels here, and satellite, are confirming that that is purely a "stop-gap" until she declares her "withdrawal" on Saturday, when, it's also being stated,that she will "whole-heartedly" endorse Obama.

Is she "fishing" for Obama to invite her to be his Vice-presidential running-mate ?

Personally, I tink so, but I doubt if Obama will make the offer.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      June 6, 2008 12:07 AM BST
  • "Slam-dunk" is a basketball expression that describes the most aggressive deposit of the ball into the hoop/net that is the goal.

An exclusively American sport that has not yet been appropriated by the brits due to their shortage of freakishly tall black men.
      June 6, 2008 9:38 PM BST
    Thank you Robyn for your assistance. I forget -or was it a b...d moment. (I'm not allowed to reference that yellow hair color - my soul mate gets offended)
    Unfortunately, the Brits use some terms that go over my "silly" head.
    Perhaps we should compile a dictionary or what?
    hugs
    Gracie
      June 13, 2008 5:37 PM BST