Friday 13th

• 126 posts
    June 13, 2008 9:19 PM BST
    Well blow me down with a feather, its Friday the 13th!!!!!!

Its almost at and end now, for some of us anyway, and I was wondering if anyone had anything bad, or even good, happen today?

All we could come up with was my laptop going a bit bonkers, but its sorted now. And E-J getting messed on by a bird. (Yes I know thats supposed to be lucky, and I did point it out. Not a smart move as it happens, so best not go there)

• June 14, 2008 1:13 AM BST
    Hi All,

My Friday the 13th went well today.

Just got a Bare Essentials mineral makeup starter kit today and had time to view the enclosed DVD and practice the techniques. The best part is that it is very warm today and the makeup didn't run, smear or smudge!!!

So from now on Friday the 13th will have a special meaning for me - The day I learned how to apply makeup properly.

Hugz from an excited sister,
    MichelleLynn

• 112 posts
    June 14, 2008 10:18 AM BST
    Mine wasn't too bad until about half nine last night when one of the cats bit my left hand the fatty part next to my thumb, it really hurt and I really cried. The fatty part where the cat bit me is really swollen and hurts and looks bruised, I've got to go to work on Monday and I now its goin to hurt.
  • June 15, 2008 7:47 PM BST
    Bit of a mixed bag then!!!!

The only consequence of me being pooped on by a bird was that the dogs had a shorter walk!!! LOL

Rae!!! You poor thing!!! But I must admit your post made me chuckle *hugs!!!*

• 1912 posts
    June 16, 2008 12:52 AM BST
    BAD? I had the weekend from hell starting Friday night. The first half of the day went well and I was happy with that. The plan for the weekend was to take our oldest son to Orlando, Florida to catch a flight to Alaska. We stay at nice resorts there and the 4 1/2 hr drive down usually isn't a big deal.

We entered hell quickly, a 30min traffic backup because of a lousy fender bender before we even got out of town. Once we passed the accident it seemed like clear sailing. We decided to stop for a quick meal in Daytona just as it was getting dark. As we drove off, warning lights started flashing on the dash. After a quick check things appeared ok. I think that was when Satan climbed into the van. All and all things seemed fine and we made it to Orlando. I had to have my beer so after checking into the resort the three of us went to the grocery store. We get our groceries, climb into the car and nothing, the car won't start. The batteries is slap dead. After trying to get it going with a jump start and failing, we ended up walking back to the resort about a mile away. I slept maybe 2hrs that night.

In the morning we ended up sending my son off in a taxi to the airport which turned out fine. I checked the van out and it still would not go. Fortunately a nice man helped me, then ended up giving me a ride back to the resort. We ended up renting a car and used that to get a new battery and a charger for the van. It turned out the van needed a new alternator so we figured we could get home on two charged batteries which ended up working out fine. I even had a nice bubble bath that second evening.

Sounds like we exited hell, nope. Got home and my son's car was in the driveway, so when I tried to move it it turned out his battery was dead. Go figure. So I ended up spending the rest of the day working on cars. Not what I wanted to do for Father's day.

Cried plenty today, but thought it was over, nope. After dinner my kids were watching a South Park show I think. It was some rude thing based on trannies. Go figure. The night is not over, what's next. What a nightmare weekend.

Hugs,
    Marsha

• 734 posts
    June 14, 2008 12:36 AM BST
    Nope, sorry Mandy, the day actually went ok - I can say that now as its half-past midnight! lol

The most disasterous thing was my ten year old nephew accidently knocking over my half-filled cup of coffee. It was lukewarm so no-one got burnt, their kitchen floor is stone so no carpet got stained and my favourite mug steadfastly refused to get broken.

So thats one in the eye to F13!

Much love

Rae xx
    • 2627 posts
    June 15, 2008 1:22 AM BST
    WE had a realy bad day at work. Electronic failures, just dumb things mostly. But the last was realy wierd. Our robots use windows NT & in for no reason it went out while running. We had to replace the CPU board at a cost of about $1000.
    • 734 posts
    June 15, 2008 3:14 AM BST
    Today was my Friday the 13th...

I was brought up in the generation that understood a game to be snakes and ladders. Or ludo. Or backgammon.

A wee was something you did in the privacy of a bathroom. I've since learnt that when its spelt as Wii thats something completely different.

Today I also learnt part of it is a thin strip of plasticy stuff that accepts the signal from the hand-waving handsets. And that that thin plasticy stuff is attached to the Wii thingy with a very thin, fine and lightweight lead.

I also learnt that when you introduce a hoover to that thin, lightweight lead thing it will suck it up without a thought.

Together with the thin plasticy whatsit.

I also learned that was not necessarily a good thing.

My sister learned that I could cry if a suitable disaster arose. I felt this was a suitable disaster.

Fortunately, the device was successfully untangled - the hoover had to be dismantled! - and the damned thing managed to continue working! [for clarification, thats both the hoover and the plasticy thing].

So not as bad as I thought....

Much love

Rae xx
    • 734 posts
    June 16, 2008 1:10 AM BST
    Aw, thanks EJ, your hugs are most welcome - I'm not entirely sure I'm suited for the 21st century!

I will take your hugs, and if you don't mind, also pass them on to Marsha - my problem seems quite 'wii' compared to her day...!

Much love to you both.

Rae xx
    • 2573 posts
    June 16, 2008 10:49 PM BST
    Actually, Friday 13th was pretty lucky for me. I had had problems finding my automobile's title to sell it off for about $50. The delay resulted in my friend calling to say someone had stopped by and offered $100 for it. I then found the folder with my autos papers in it.....not in the boxes I had raked through, but in the filing cabinet in a folder labeled...."Oldsmobile papers"....doh! On Saturday I went to my friend's house, sold the car (giving me the money I need to renew my RN license so I can get work), In addition, he offered to loan me his car to get to work if I get a job. This dramatically increases my options for work in Los Angeles. I insisted he let me pay him for the days I earn money with the car. Since his wife is very ill, the cash will be a great help to his family. We both end up ahead. I'll be added to his auto insurance. If this wasn't enough, he has half a dozen roaming chickens laying eggs every day and has offered me free eggs...guess nobody can eat 180 eggs a month, lol. Since I don't use a lot of eggs, this will be nice for me. Really fresh range-free eggs. I have to say that I have no complaints about Friday 13th this year.