Auntie passed swimming

• October 31, 2005 5:31 AM GMT
    On saturday I visited the swimming hall already ninth time as a woman. On these visits nobody has ever reacted on me in any particular way, not even the schoolgirls in their worst age, who you could easily imagine giggling at anything in the world.
    In the pool a mother made me happy without knowing it by saying to her child: "Let the auntie pass". In the pool you can only see a wet head with no make up, and you must form your pic of the person according to that.
    I smiled...and PASSED.

Laura
    • 112 posts
    October 31, 2005 9:26 AM GMT
    Laura.
    Those small confirmations mean so much don't they?,
    when addressed as how I am rather than how I look I get a little "yippe" in my heart......
    love and light
    she's alright
    • 588 posts
    October 31, 2005 9:29 AM GMT
    I do think I can imagine how good it must feel, Laura...
    So, I hope I'll hear the right words some day. Time will tell, but I cannot see myself returning to our public baths without being quite sure of passing in almost every other situation. I do not want to impose myself.
    On the other hand, with all my years of swimming... I have one more motivation for doing whatever I can. Makes me wonder how long it will take and how long I will have to stay away.

Linda
  • October 31, 2005 9:54 AM GMT
    When I got my female id code it felt as if I had got back my civil rights and the first visit in the swimming hall was like conquering back something lost, same when I got my female driving license. I could drive again...Step by step I have won back my full life, the last step was my visit in my parish church.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    October 31, 2005 10:50 AM GMT
    But when did you return to the bath ? And didn't you already pass quite well in a lot of other situations ? That is the impression I have got.

Linda
  • October 31, 2005 11:39 AM GMT
    Oh yes, when I returned to the swimming hall I had already over 2 years of hormones behind and it was 4 months after my SRS. I passed actually in any everyday situation.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    October 31, 2005 1:40 PM GMT
    Well, at least 2 years or so without access to the public bath then. I sure will miss it. Still, the bare thought of a nice Christmas swim two years from now...

Linda