Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Technical Support » Peoples profiles on chat

Peoples profiles on chat

Tags : None
    Just noticed that when I went into the chat room and clicked on someone's name and the profile bit was on there four times. I came out and clicked on someone else's name and it was still there.

Just thought I'd let you know.
    Wen I'm good I'm very good but wen I'm bad I'm better.
      July 9, 2008 7:19 PM BST
  • Thanks for letting me know about that Donna. I don't know why that happened. Maybe it was some kind of software glitch. We get those now and again around here.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and hope it was just a one-off. If it happens again, please do let me know.

Thanks and huggies,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      July 10, 2008 7:56 PM BST
    Hi Katie, just went to have a look on someones profile on chat and the profile link came up four times again.

I had a look at someones profile the other day and it was ok but it seems to have come back.
      July 15, 2008 9:14 PM BST
  • Hi Donna, can you give me a little more information about this? Do you mean that the same person was listed as being in the chat room four times?

Also, was it the same person that this happened to last time?

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      July 15, 2008 9:56 PM BST
  • Hi Katie,

I've seen this too. Often when I click on someone's name to view their profile, I see the link in the pop-up menu four times. Occasionally, it only appears once, but usually for me anyway it appears four times. Hope you can find a fix for it,

Hugs Andrea xx
    Do what you have to, to be who you are.
      July 15, 2008 10:29 PM BST
  • Thanx for that. I will try to recreate it tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's happening.

By the way, is it a cosmetic thing or does it prevent you from doing anything?

Hugs,

Katie x
      July 15, 2008 10:49 PM BST
    I think its just a cosmetic thing I just normally click on the page to get rid of it.
      July 16, 2008 9:17 AM BST
  • It is just cosmetic, you can click on any of the links and they all take you to the profile page.

Do what you can to be who you are
      July 16, 2008 2:29 PM BST
  • Hi Katie,

Noticed last time I was on the chat room (Friday) that this problem seems to have been corrected.

Hugs
    Andrea xx
      July 28, 2008 6:37 PM BST
  • This is not a new symptom. It has been around for quite some time, so don't look for it's cause in something new. I assumed it was my particular software/hardware combination and ignored it as functionality was never impaired. It was also intermittent. It's possible some new change has recreated it.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      July 29, 2008 5:57 AM BST