Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Tips » Facial hair Removal tip needed Please.

Facial hair Removal tip needed Please.

Tags : None
  • I need a facial hair removal tip to help me to not have facial hair show or even a shadow from a beard or a way to be sure to shave closer and have it not noticeable. I am a Pre-op early stage TS MTF Not yet going through permanent facial hair removal. I shave my face as well as I can and as close as I can but often I find post shave I can still see hair and feel it too. If I put my face on I have to use a lot of foundation to compensate for the hair just to hide it. Then I look overly made up and that could lead to being read as a male and not seen as a female. Does anyone have a tip that is useful to help with this serious problem until I can get through to a more permanent solution to the facial hair removal?

Sincerely
    and Humbly

Wynonna Rose
      July 17, 2008 3:39 AM BST
  • Hi Wynonna Rose,

I find the best way to get a really close shave for that special night out, is to grow a beard for a week first, then shave it off using a razor. Unfortunately my beard starts to grow fairly quickly so by a few hours later my shaving area looks like Homer Simpson's.

However, I am now saving up to have laser treatment which is quite expensive but effective. Depilatory creams just don't seem to work on male beards and electrolysis hurts, so laser it is.

The laser emits a beam, which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair and within two or three weeks, hair that has been damaged by the laser is shedded. As the follicle is disabled, hair regrowth is significantly reduced.

If this sounds like what you want, just Google for a salon or clinic that offers laser treatment near you, but start saving too 'coz it ain't cheap.

Hope that's useful.

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      July 17, 2008 1:26 PM BST
  • Unfortunately there just isn't a cheap and effective way to get around this problem if you have a significant beard growth. Sooner or later you will need either laser or electrolysis. Laser salons are more abundant and often cheaper but it is still going to cost quite a lot, however, you can usually pay in installments or per session to ease the burden.

As Katie says, do a search for a salon somewhere in your area and discuss payment options with them.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      July 17, 2008 1:59 PM BST
  • LOL Katie, you mention electrolysis hurts as if laser doesn't. I've been doing laser treatments for a year now and can give you a money back guarantee that Laser does hurt, lol.

Wynonna Rose, I don't know how proficient you are at shaving but typical shaving right after showering or using a hot towel over your beard will give you the best results because your follicles and pores relax exposing more of the hair.
    Next a sharp razor will provide the cleanest shave and multiblade razors are worth the price. Also use a shaving gel versus cream.
    First shave with the hair growth, typically downward. Use a maginfying mirror to get a closer look at the direction of growth, this is more important than you might think. Rinse the blade frequently.
    Second is to shave against the grain. If you took a credit card against your face you would hear it drag across the hair. It is very important to rinse the razor frequently.
    It is not over, next apply a moisturizer with your finger tips. You should be able to feel any areas that still need attention. Just use the moisturizer as the lubricant and shave those areas again. At this point you probably have the closest shave you will get.
    After completely shaving, and applying the moisturizer, allow the moisturizer to absorb into the skin.
    This is how I use to hide beard shadow before I had laser: Use a yellow tinted concealer on the beard area. Then use a small amount of orangish red lipstick to add a little more color. Blend it well outwards. Now apply a full coverage foundation. It takes some practice but eventually you can shave and apply your foundation in maybe 10 minutes tops.

Wish you the best,
    Marsha

July 17, 2008 7:20 PM BST
  • THE best way for a perfectly smooth shave is, use hot water as hot as you can take it (that softens the hair and skin), shave in the direction of hair growth, reapply shaving foam or whatever, then shave against the growth direction. and dont use aftershave, just warm water alone is best...... SERIOUSLY, THIS IS THE VERY BEST WAY TO DO IT, with out permanant removal.

Hope this helps

Emma:)
    Sarah xx hugz xx
      December 30, 2008 10:15 PM GMT
  • When I run out of sandpaper I just use my face LOL
    But seriously, my beard is almost all grey now and VERY coarse.

What I do is bath and soak in hot water. I shave after soaking at least 15 minutes. Then when I shave I go both directions as Sarah said. Ok so after this I finish my shower etc etc.
    Then I put on moisterizer on my face and let that soak in for half an hour.. Now IF I NEED TO HAVE A CLOSE SHAVE FOR A LONGER TIME THEN USUAL then I shave once more using moisterizer instead of shaving cream.

With this I can be stubble free an extra 2 hours I found.
    The moisterizer seems to plump up the hairs just that tiny bit more that I need in order to get an even closer shave.

However I can not do this more then two days in a row as it is VERY hard on my skin. How your mileage goes may vary however,

Hope that helps out someone

Stephenie
      September 29, 2009 12:49 PM BST