How to stay cool

• 1195 posts
    July 23, 2008 3:47 PM BST
    Here in TX we've been having three digit temperatures.
    Just got be from New England, the people there were having 80+ and were suffering (beer supply was hit hard). Even in the Rockies temperatures are 80+.
    Question: How are you coping? Do you take cold showers-run around nude-hang out at the pool? Or have you become creative? Would you like to share your method?
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 16 posts
    July 23, 2008 3:57 PM BST
    Loose clothing. More Skirts and blouses instead of jeans and t-shirts. Drink plenty of water before going out. Drinking a 10 oz glass of COLD water will help keep the core part of your body cooler longer than drinking room temp water.
    • 1912 posts
    July 23, 2008 4:14 PM BST
    I am in Savannah, GA where we hit 100F monday with high humidity to go along with it. Also about half my work day is spent outside. Although I wear long pants and a polo shirt for work, as soon as I get home for the day I change into short shorts, a tank top and sandals. My liquid routine for the day is coffee in the morning, water during the day and beer in the evening. The best suggestion I can make to anyone is get outside more frequently so you adapt to the temperatures, that way it won't be such a shock to the body going back and forth from hot to cold.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 448 posts
    July 23, 2008 4:31 PM BST
    I am cool. Sorry, what's the question?
    • 1083 posts
    July 23, 2008 10:04 PM BST
    Little or no makeup, sundresses, air conditioning, and water--lots of it. Watch the ice; it'll just make you hotter.

SInce I'm a hot number myself, if I'm sweating, there'd better be either a d@mn good sale or really fantastic s*x...!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 89 posts
    July 24, 2008 8:53 PM BST
    I'm a goth black clothing heat? what heat?
    • 1083 posts
    January 8, 2009 5:52 AM GMT
    Char--

You rock, girl!

Mina
    • 2627 posts
    July 23, 2008 7:55 PM BST
    I work in a place that has my shirt soaking wet 30min after I get there. Lots of water in small sips. I can take the heat but I don't like sweat running down in my eyes.
    After I get home it's a shower & light loose clothing.