Sad news in Colorado

• 1912 posts
    July 25, 2008 1:16 PM BST
    Sadly last week Angie Zapata was murdered in Greely, Colorado, outside of Denver. She was only 18 years old. Police are still investigating. Here is a news story about the incident: http://origin.denverpost.[...]9989236

Please take this as a reminder to be careful when you are out and about. Most people really don't care what you do but it only takes one bad person to cause a problem.

Hugs,
    Marsha

• July 26, 2008 12:04 AM BST
    I hope they throw more then the book at them anna I hope they chop there nuts off and but them in a cell with a cell mate named BUBA!!!! this is awful news it's always sad to lose one of our sisters and in such a bad way too.
    • 2068 posts
    July 25, 2008 10:31 PM BST
    Marsha, that is truly dreadful news . why the FK can't we be left to live our lives as we see fit without some deranged lunatic doin something like this. I hope the police catch whoever did this & throw the BOOK at him!

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2068 posts
    July 26, 2008 1:07 AM BST
    Better still Renee.....i could introduce him to my good friend stanley KNIFE..lol

Lol xxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 734 posts
    July 26, 2008 1:50 AM BST
    Thanks for the link Marsha.

I read the report and was impressed with how respectfully her death was reported. At the time I'm posting, it does'nt seem clear whether it was a hate crime or murder / manslaughter for another reason.

But I agree its always best to err on the side of caution!

The comments the report attracted, however, were pretty much a mixed bag of ignorance being answered by tolerance and wisdom.

So still a way to go in Colorado...

Much love

Rae xxx
    • 2573 posts
    July 29, 2008 8:29 AM BST
    A sad event.

Remember, this could have happened because they thought she was a gg not a tg. We have an extra threat but we also carry the same threat as every gg if we pass at the time. Don't relax in dangerous situations just because you think you have passed.