Irish Jokes !

• 315 posts
    July 28, 2008 9:21 AM BST

Hi Girls,

They say, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at !!

So, as there are literally "millions" of Irish jokes, I thought that the only way to say "OK !! Bring them on!!", was for the thread to be started from Ireland.
    That way, no-one can "accuse" the thread of being rather derogatory of the Irish !! lol.

So, just to start, here's one ............................

Two Irish hunters were looking at some tracks on the ground.
    "I reckon those are deer tracks", said the first Irishman.
    "No, I think they are fox tracks", replied his friend.
    "Deer!", argued the first Irishman.
    "Fox!", argued the other one back.
    They were still arguing when the train ran them over!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 1912 posts
    July 28, 2008 11:45 AM BST
    Patrick O'Malley hoisted his beer and said: "Here's to spending the rest of me life between the legs of me wife!" - and he took home the top prize for the best toast of the night.

In bed later that night, he told his wife: "Mary, I won the prize for the best toast of the night." She said, "Aye, Paddy, what was your toast?"

So he told her: "Here's to spending the rest of me life sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh," she said, "that is very nice, dear."

The next day, Mary ran into one of Paddy's drinking partners in the street. Mischievously, the man said: "Did you hear about your husband winning a prize in the pub the other night for a toast about you, Mary?"

She replied: "Aye - and I was a bit surprised. Till now, he's only been down there twice. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come".
    • 1195 posts
    July 28, 2008 2:32 PM BST
    Angela I've always been surprised by Irish jokes -it would be nice is they weren't such long stories.

Pat is home sick and thinks he's about to die. He calls in his lifelong friend Mike. He tells Mike who should inherit what in the house. Then he add a special favor. "There's a bottle of my favorite whiskey in the cupboard. Would you be good enough to pour it over my grave after I'm buried?" Mike says "I'll be glad to do it. But would it be all right if it passed through my kidneys first?"

Gracie
    • 67 posts
    July 28, 2008 6:46 PM BST

not irish !

whats green and hard..........

frog with tattoo's

taxi.........................

luv vikki xx
    • 315 posts
    July 28, 2008 6:58 PM BST

A blind Irishman, and his guide-dog, walked into the supermarket.
    He made his way to the centre of the store, picked up his guide-dog, and began swinging it around his head, holding it by the tail.
    The security guard dashed over to him, shouting ............. "Hey, you can't treat your dog like that !!! Just what the heck do you think you're doing?!!"
    Looking quite surprised, the blind man replied ......... "I was just having a look around!"

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 315 posts
    August 2, 2008 4:31 PM BST

An Irishman was going up to the top deck of a bus, when he spoke to the conductor.
    "Can I bring up a crate of stout?"
    The conductor thought for a bit.
    "I don't see why not".
    "Thank you", said the Irishman, and promptly threw up over the stairs.

"I put on a clean pair of pants, and a clean pair of socks, every day", the Irishman boasted to no-one in particular.
    "The only problem is, come the end of the month, I can't get me trousers and shoes on!"

An Irishman asked his wife what she would like for her birthday.
    "Oh, I'd love to be ten again!" she said wistfully.
    So, on her birthday, before she could say anything, her husband whisked her off to a theme park. He took her on all the rides. He bought her candyfloss, and afterwards, took her to see a Harry Potter movie. After that, he treated her to a burger dinner with the free toy, and, when they got home, he told his exhausted wife that she could stay up until nine o@clock, as it was her birthday. Just before she went to bed, he also made her some hot chocolate.
    "Did you enjoy being ten again?" he asked.
    "I meant size 10 !", his wife snapped.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 315 posts
    August 3, 2008 5:32 PM BST

An Irishman is in a rich neighbourhood touting for work as a handyman, when he approaches a big house.
    He knocks on the door, and asks the man if he wants any jobs doing for £50?
    The man thinks for a while, then tells him that his porch round the side of the house needs painting. Could he do that for £50?
    The Irishman says he can.
    The man tells the Irishman that all he needs is in the garden shed, and to get on with it.
    In less than half an hour, the Irishman is knocking on the front door again.
    "Finished Sir!" he beams, "I'd enough paint to give it two coats".
    "Great", says the man, complimenting the Irishman on his speed.
    "All in a day's work, Sir", says the Irishman. "By the way, Sir, it's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari".

Angela. xx.
    • 871 posts
    August 4, 2008 6:06 PM BST
    ok, im gona blow the dust off this classic, hold onto ya knickers!!!

english man, scot man, irish man lost in the desert.
    wondering helplessly, they are dieing of thirst. they all feel about done when suddenly to their astonishment they find a dirty old lamp. they rub it a bit to clean it up.

out pops a genie, oh, i've been stuck in there over 1000 years, to show my apreciation, i will grant you 1 wish each. a magic slide appears, the genie says, enter the slide and what ever you wish for you will find at the bottom.

the english man goes first, pomposly he sits there and slowly goes down and shouts "gin and tonic". when he gets to the bottom he lands in a huge simming pool filled with gin and tonic!

seeing this the scot man runs and dives down the slide shouting "whisky!" when he gets to the bottom he lands in a huge swimming pool filled with whisky!

the irish man sees this and thinks, thats a good idea, i will say "whiskey!" - the irish man starts sliding down....

the irish man enjoys himself so much he just goes...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i hope you enjoyed the nostalgia!
    • 404 posts
    August 5, 2008 6:50 PM BST
    ....continuing the archaeology..............

Over in Houston, Nasa have just received some surprising news....
    apparently the Irish are working on a manned space mission.This is a bit too much for Nasa,however,since it's neither April 1st nor St. Patricks Day they decide to send a man to Dublin to check up on things...........Following his arrival at Shannon he' s whisked away to the depths of Kerry by someone claiming to belong to the Irish National Space Centre.
    There stands a rocket all right.......in the shape of a ginormous Guiness bottle. The man from Nasa is..........flabbergasted!
    " You seriously expect something like that to.....fly?" he asks them. "Of course! It's a tried and tested form,you know," comes the answer. "OK,OK," he says,"but what are your plans?You heading for a planet?Which one?" "Ah well,we're not exactly heading for a planet since you and the russians seem to have cornered that market.No,we're going to the.........sun!"
    "The sun!! Are you all crazy?You'll all be incinerated before you get anywhere near it!"
    "Ach,don't you worry about things like that-Everything's been taken care of...............we're going at night.................

ciao
    Lynn H
    • 315 posts
    August 6, 2008 5:05 PM BST

"My grand-dad was burnt in a fire yesterday", an upset Irishman told his friend.
    "Was it bad?" he asked.
    The Irishman wiped a tear from his eye. "They don't mess about at that crematorium!"

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 315 posts
    August 7, 2008 8:31 AM BST

The boss looked over the shoulder of his new Irish secretary.
    "Your typing has really improved. I can only see five mistakes. Well done !! Now type the second word ".

OK, not neccessarily an Irish joke, but I'll include it here .....

An Irishman wasn't feeling very well, so he went to see his doctor, for a check-up.
    After some tests, the doctor returned with the results, and, by the look on his face, it wasn't good news.
    "I'm afraid I have some very bad news", says the doctor. "You are dying, and you don't have long to live".
    Naturally the Irishman was distraught.
    "Oh doctor, how long have I got left?"
    "Ten ......." the doctor replies, in a somewhat solemn tone.
    "Ten? cries the Irishman. "Ten what? Years? Months? How long have I got left?"
    The doctor answers, "Nine, eight, seven ........."

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 404 posts
    August 7, 2008 6:02 PM BST
    It's well known that the Irish know how to party,not only wakes but weddings. The priest and a ministrant were on their way home from a particularly guinness and poteen rich wedding and stumbled into a ditch.
    After a while the ministrant,extremely slurred,asks,"Father,do........
    you..believe in resurrresurr....resurrection?"
    The priest slurs back,"For the next three hours certainly not."

After church a man says to the priest,"Tell me father,since you've just preached so beautifully about Heaven, do they play football in Heaven as well?"
    Priest,"I can't answer that off the cuff.I'll have to ask my superior."
    The following Sunday the priest gives his reply,"Yes,they do play football in Heaven.............and you're in the team for the next match......."

Ciao,
    Lynn H.
    • 315 posts
    August 30, 2008 4:16 PM BST

A Dance Instructor thought he could dance every dance there was. Then he heard about the "Irish Butcher Dance".
    Eager to learn this dance, he travelled to Ireland to seek out the only "Irish Butcher Dance" instructor, who told him that lessons would cost £750,000.
    So desperate was the dance instructor to learn it, that he sold his house, his car and most of his clothes to raise the money. He borrowed from the bank and loan sharks. He ate very little, and never went out, and finally had enough money.
    Handing the money over to the instructor, the now penniless man could hardly wait for his first lesson.
    "OK, here we go", said the Irish dance instructor .............
    "Butcher right foot in, Butcher right foot out, in, out, in, out, yer shake it all about ............................................... "
    • 315 posts
    September 23, 2008 9:11 AM BST

An Irishman had just spent a romantic night with his new girlfriend, when he noticed a picture of a man on her mantlepiece.
    "That's not youir husband, is it?" he asked nervously.
    "No, of course not", she said.
    "Is it your boyfriend?"
    "No", said the girl, "You're my boyfriend now".
    "Is it a relative?"
    "No".
    "Well who is it then?" the Irishman demanded.
    "You are silly", said the new girlfriend. "It's me before the surgery".

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 404 posts
    September 23, 2008 8:01 PM BST
    How do you brainwash an Irishman??

Pour water in his wellies..............................

Somebody once told me that, when the Irish tell irish jokes,they're known as 'Kerryman jokes'.............

ciao
    Lynn H.
    • 315 posts
    September 26, 2008 11:48 AM BST

An Irishman was driving down a road, swerving all over the place. Finally the police stopped him.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here", he said to the policeman. "I was driving down this road when, all of a sudden, this tree appeared in front of me. I swerved to avoid it, then another one appeared. I missed that one. Then another one appeared, and another one, and ............"

"Sir", said the policeman, "may I suggest you take that pine-scented air freshener down from your mirror?"

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 315 posts
    September 27, 2008 3:34 PM BST

Two priests were talking about Irish weddings.

"Of course, you can always tell who the bride is when you're doing an Irish country wedding", said one.

"How?" asked the second priest.

"She's the one wearing the white Wellington boots".

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 1195 posts
    September 27, 2008 8:56 PM BST
    A quiet chuckle

San Francisco, California has quite a large Irish-American community. Some years back the police chief, named Con Murphy, was asked by a reporter "What would you consider the worst day for the police department?" Without hesitation Chief Murphy replied "St. Patrick's Day on a Friday with a full moon."
    hugs
    Gracie
  • July 29, 2008 11:19 AM BST
    I know a lot of irish jokes, most are way too long.

Gay couple

Patrick fitz William & William fitz Patrick
  • July 29, 2008 12:16 PM BST
    Well you were warned, Long Irish joke as told to me by a German.

Paddy a new recruit during world war II, undergoing training. Because of Paddy's apparent incompetance with a dangerouse weapon, his captain thought it would be safer for his comrades if paddy was armed with a wooden rifle. When paddy queried the logic, the captain told him everytime paddy got a german in his sights he was to shout out bang, bang,

It was a gloomy day in the trenches, when the Germans attacked, but paddy was up there with the rest of his comrades, every time he caught a german in his sights, paddy would shout out bang, lo and behold at each banf a german soldier fell mortally wounded. just a coincidence
    that his comrades were aiming at the same target.

Hours went by and the germans kept advancing, eventually
    the order was given to fix bayonets, paddy was imediately confused, his captain drew his own bayonet and fachen a crude point on the end of paddys wooden rifle, handing it back to paddy he ordered him to shout stab, stab at every thrusting movement paddy made,

The order was given to advance, paddy ran forward towards the enemy, shouting stab stab, at every stab down went a german, actually slipping in the mud and mire of the battle field.

Suddenly paddy was aware of a massive german soldier advancing towards him a colossus of germanic manhood,
    Paddy thought, quckly, deciding to let the german have everything he had, bang, bang, bang, stab, stab, stab shouted paddy, the german collosus kept on coming, stomping poor paddy into the mud, crushing him.

As the massive German tore throught the british lines the german was heard muttering, TANK, TANK, TANK

• 2627 posts
    July 29, 2008 11:53 PM BST
    • 2627 posts
    July 29, 2008 11:59 PM BST
    Brenda O'Malley is home making dinner, as usual, when Tim Finnegan arrives at her door.
    "Brenda, may I come in?" he asks. "I've somethin' to tell ya".
    "Of course you can come in, you're always welcome, Tim. But where's my husband?"
    "That's what I'm here to be telling ya, Brenda."
    There was an accident down at the Guinness brewery..."
    "Oh, God no!" cries Brenda. "Please don't tell me."
    "I must, Brenda. Your husband Shamus is dead and gone. I'm sorry.
    Finally, she looked up at Tim. "How did it happen, Tim?"
    "It was terrible, Brenda. He fell into a vat of Guinness Stout and drowned." "Oh my dear Jesus! But you must tell me truth, Tim. Did he at least go quickly?"
    "Well, Brenda... no. In fact, he got out three times to pee."

And then there was the Irish baker how sued the local baker for forging his signature on a hot cross bun.

“Sean”, said Mick, “did you know we only use one third of our brains?” “No,” said Sean. “What happens to the other third?”

“Paddy, Oi missed the soccer. What was the score?” “Shure ‘twas a great game they played Mick,” said Paddy. “The score was nil all.” “And what was it at half time?” “Oi don’t know Mick. Oi was only there for the second half.”

Flanigan: ‘My mother-in-law has just eloped with my best friend.’
    Lanigan: ;What was his name?’
    Flanigan: ;I don’t know. I’ve never met the fellow.’

Paddy: “Did yez mark the place where the fishing was good?”
    Mick: “Yes, Oi put an ‘x’ on the side of the boat.”
    Paddy: “Shure! What if we should take the wrong boat next time?”

A guy walks into a bar, orders a beer and says to the bartender, "Hey, I got this great Irish Joke...". The barkeep glares at him and says in a warning tone of voice: "Before you go telling that joke you better know that I'm Irish, both bouncers are Irish and so are most of my customers"
    "Okay" says the customer,"I'll tell it very slowly."

• 2068 posts
    August 3, 2008 10:35 PM BST
    you'll like this one girls

whats long, thin & full of thick seamen?

..an Irish Submarine!!!..lol

Lol xxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie

• 2463 posts
    August 4, 2008 3:25 AM BST
    Actually, here is something true -

When the Irish were immigrating to America in large numbers they were not very welcomed here, except as a source of very cheap labor.

It was said that the wheelbarrow was the greatest of inventions because it taught an Irishman to walk on his hind legs.