Lefties

• 1195 posts
    August 11, 2008 2:54 PM BST
    A short survey, please.
    How many left-handed TW members are there?
    Reason for asking. I'm left-handed and it does cause me trouble at times. For example: carving knives are honed for the other-handed people. Land line phones are wired wrong. The pens for signing the thingy on credit card swipers is set up wrong too.
    Forget about Mere's anarchist revolt - Lefties arise!
    hugs to all
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    August 11, 2008 3:48 PM BST
    I'm a lefty and omg, those credit card gadgets are the worst. Scissors are often a pain. I can't think of any specifics at the moment but I know there are things that I have been able to do that righties have problems with, so it does go both ways.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 112 posts
    August 11, 2008 4:53 PM BST
    I'm left handed. Hated it when I was primary school I hated one of the dinner ladies. I used to hate P.E as well, I had to use my right hand for most things in that. Got my left handedness from my nan and uncle. Don't find it a pain anymore.

Sometimes my handwriting looks like my nans which is abit scary.

Someone said to me once and I dont know if its true but the saying is"If your left handed it means your backward minded" Like I said I don't know if its true.
    • 89 posts
    August 11, 2008 8:27 PM BST
    They used to consider lefthanded people to be sinister. Not sure what they made of ambidextrous people were we only half sinister?
    • 871 posts
    August 11, 2008 9:44 PM BST
    i'm glad you brought this up. to make life a little easier i have got a couple of very rare left handed items for sale. they very competitively priced too!!!

the first item is a left handed keyboard. its in an L shape so you have to curl your left arm right round so you can see what your typing.

the second item is a supurb and stylish pair of left handed gloves.

a snap at a hundred quid each, postage and packaging is only 30 quid!
    • 871 posts
    August 12, 2008 11:56 AM BST
    ok, thats enough fun. its time to be serious and stamp out discrimination once and for all. just so we can a count, can all the left handed people please raise ya right hand.
    • 23 posts
    August 12, 2008 6:24 PM BST
    hi you can add me to the list of leffties, the bigest problem i have is sisors and note pads but the fact that we learn to cope with useing righthanded things just proves we are brighter.
    paula
    • 315 posts
    August 12, 2008 7:49 PM BST

As a "rightie", I feel that I'm not really welcome here, but I just thought I should tell you that, until about 5 years ago, there was a shop here in Dublin that sold "everything left-handed" ........................ from scissors, cork-screws, assorted tools, etc.
    It closed about 5 years ago, due to "lack of business".
    However, it was only after they announced their closure, that many people even realised that the shop existed, and started a campaign to try and persuade theowner to stay open.
    However, the owner announced that, "whilst on he one hand it would be Right to try and stay open, he'd been Left with no choice but to shut down!"

He does, however, still run an on-line mail-order service for his equipment. I'll try and find it, and if I can, I'll post it here, for anyone who might be interested.

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx.
    • 315 posts
    August 12, 2008 10:10 PM BST

Lucy,
    Thanks. That's the one!
    I'd a mental block !!
    Ijust couldn't think of the actual name!

I've found this one too ...................

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 140 posts
    August 13, 2008 2:49 AM BST
    Hi: Remember too that the left side of the brain controls
    the right side of the body. The Right side of the brain controls the left side of the body,
    so it could also be said that lefthanded people are the only ones in their right mind!!!

Leftie too, Jackie...:)
    • 181 posts
    September 2, 2008 5:30 PM BST
    Hi ody Gals, I'm real new here and Im left handed. For the most part, Ive grown accustomed to having to deal with a right handed world. Yes, sissors can fustrate me but outside of that I grin and bear it as do I deal with everything else in a world that dosn't want us "Trannies " in their space. Ellen Shaver
    • 2017 posts
    August 12, 2008 2:04 PM BST
    Yes it does Carren, as long as you can do it at full throttle!

Nikki
    • 2068 posts
    August 11, 2008 11:01 PM BST
    you're all cack-handed......hehehe ( i kid, i kid)

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    August 12, 2008 12:22 AM BST
    Panny, I bet they match my shoes with left handed laces.
    • 2463 posts
    August 12, 2008 1:09 AM BST
    Mary Grace, you do realize that under an Anarchist society Lefties will enjoy all the benefits and privileges accorded to everyone else?
    • 2017 posts
    August 12, 2008 8:43 AM BST
    I'm ambidextrous so does that make me 'trans-handed'?

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    August 12, 2008 9:02 PM BST
    Ahh yes Angela, the old Flandereses’ shop - the Leftporium!
    xx