Help please!!!!

• August 27, 2008 6:55 PM BST
    Hi, I have been to my GP and am currently seeing a local NHS counsellor after being referred! I have talked at length with him about starting HRT, and all I keep being told is that I have to follow the strict rules to be refered to Charing Cross, ie: RLE for a year before I can be referred, changing my name by deed poll, etc etc. which i am not 100% ready to do yet!
    I have read and shown my counsellor "Guidance for GPs, clinicians and health professionals on the care of gender variant people" a Department of Health publication (www.gendertrust.org) which deals with HRT, but he and the NHS seem to be totally inflexible.

My question is, is there another way of getting my GP to prescribe HRT, and monitor my health for me?
  • August 28, 2008 5:20 PM BST
    Hi Lucy,

Thanks very much for the info, it's very much appreciated. I suppose that I have been seeing the counsellor (who apparently can refer me to CX, although not a psychiatrist) and he seems incredibly negative about the whole system, and about me. A bit off putting to say the least. So thats where my doubts stem from.

Thanks again

Selena
  • August 28, 2008 5:23 PM BST
    Thanks Anna-Marie,

I wouldn't dream of self medicating as I have read enough now to know the dangers and pit falls. Plus apparently it would jepordise my treatment on the NHS, or so i've been told, which i'm not willing to risk.

Selena
    • 1912 posts
    August 29, 2008 2:34 AM BST
    I won't get into my opinion of NHS health care but I am definitely not a fan of the one size fits all program you have over there. I am also not a fan of ASF's herbal stuff, but she has some valid points. HRT will give you some physical traits and probably effect your attitude on a lot of things, but HRT will not turn you into a woman. Only experience can do that.

However I am against the RLE being done before HRT is prescribed for the simple reason some gals flat out look like a guy in a dress. The emotional scars from ridicule, possible job loss or inability to find a job can emotionally tear someone apart. Explain to me how you can have a "REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE" when nobody around you accepts you as a woman. That sure isn't going to teach you much about living as a woman. What is so wrong with giving someone a reasonable shot at blending in. Things like facial hair removal should be the highest priority and that doesn't happen overnight. Bottomline is boobs can be removed. My vote is give them the darn "E".
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    August 29, 2008 1:15 PM BST
    UB, the point I was trying to make about "the guy in a dress" was only to point out there needs to be more options how to proceed with transition versus the one size fits all approach. Not that one approach is better than the other.

You made a great point about how we likely will never be 100% satisfied with ourselves, just like GG's are not always satisfied with how they look.

I know one thing certain for me was that with HRT my skin has really changed. That along with the laser facial hair removal I now look significantly different than I did before HRT.

Hugs,
    Marsha

P.S. ASF meant the Anne Selene Fantasia line of herbals.

• 1912 posts
    August 29, 2008 5:10 PM BST
    UB, the "F" was for Fantasia, ASF's screen name here.

I have been doing laser for one year now. They start off at lower power and gradually increase it as the treatments progress, it wasn't until the third treatment that the pain grabbed my attention. And yes there are things that can be done to numb the pain.

As for the change in my skin, it is so great. First off you don't have the shadow, but the skin seems to thin and possibly because of fat distribution, my face rounded out some. Your facial hair basically emerges out pores and as the hair is destroyed, those pores reduce in size giving the skin a much smoother look. Realize this skin change happens all over the body and I find I now bruise rather easily on my arms and legs.

I hope that helps answer your questions. Using supplements and various creams and moisturizers is great for softening your skin, but realize when you have coarse hair stretching the pores it creates a different texture than with the hair removed. Shaving only cuts the hair at the surface, still leaving the hair stretching the pore.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • August 29, 2008 5:53 PM BST
    Hi Danique, I'm agree with you, so often we meet some people trying to sell some products on different forums. For my part, I come to France and I did find this forum simply by searching about MicroHealth.

I'm in fact 56 years old transsexual. 5 years ago, my wife died because of breast cancer and I was so depress that I had to regularly meet a psychology. To be alone was a problem but I couldn’t have met other girls. My psychology told me this words "since your wife died, you are not the same. More we meet, more I feel that I see your wife and not you." For sure, more time was gone, more I used my wife creams, soap, and all cosmetic she used as more I needed.

Today I'm not a transsexual because I wanted to be a transsexual, but because it was in my mind, in my behaviour, in my need to feel my wife with me. You know, my life is not a pleasure, and since my wife died, I learn about respect, truth and love.

When I read your message, I can not imagine that somebody can be so disrespectful. I use MicroHealth since one year, which work with me and many of my friends. You know, when you spend money into this kind of products, you have good relationship with the company you purchase from and especially the owner of the company, which also happens to be a nice transsexual lady. With lot of my friends, we all use this products and this company don't especially need to sell 10 products more each month to survive as it's not their spirit. So please, be respectful to people who use it and who are satisfied. I thing if you know as much as me about those pills and creams, we could have an interesting discussion, but I don't know if you are able to teach me something. So please, learn a lot before saying so bad coments about something you don’t know nothing about and thanks to other friends who give us advises about what they try, what works and what doesn't work. Merci
  • August 29, 2008 6:01 PM BST
    Hi Selena,

you are a very nice person. did you hang wigs or is it natural? What kind of shampoo did you use for your hair? thank you very much.

Louis
  • August 29, 2008 6:44 PM BST
    Hi Louis,

My hair is real, all natural and I only use cheap shampoo and conditioner, VO5 Moisture Soak.

Selli
  • August 29, 2008 9:43 PM BST
    Just a quick reminder... this site is NOT a medical site, so be very careful when making recommendations and/or discussions regarding hormones and hormone enhancing herbs (etc). Let's not mislead our sisters here.

Since hormones make permanent changes, and everyone reacts different , it is highly suggested that you not self medicate. Also beware of " magic bullet claims" that may or may not work.

It is great that we can share experiences here, but lets make sure we are sharing legitimate information and keeping our sisters here at TW safe.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
  • August 31, 2008 2:29 PM BST
    Selena
    To go back to your original request before the "argument" started.

I had an appointment with my GP back in the autumn of 2005 and I was referred to the local consulting psychiatrist who agreed with me that I was TS. At that time Oxford PCT were saying that one could not have surgery until one had lived in the county for 2 years and had been on the RLE for a minimum of a year. In fact I never got to Charing Cross for almost 2 years. The consulting psychiatrist realised that there could be a delay and so referred me to a local endocrinologist.. I saw a Professor of Endocrinology and after an appointment involving physical and mental examination my GP was advised to prescribe HRT and anti androgens for me. My GP has prescribed them ever since. After my first appointment at CX my HRT was changed to a stronger dose.
    So you do not have to wait until you get to CX to get hormones.
    By the way I'm now on HRT for the remainder of my life as I'm now a woman.

Alina
    • 773 posts
    August 31, 2008 5:27 PM BST
    UB, though Danique and I do not agree 100% of the time on a variety of issues, I must say that your revelation of your Bangkok location supports her suspicion that you are, in reality, ASF. If this is the case, you are what is known in internet circles as a "troll," and prpobably deserve to be tossed out of TW yet again for using these forums as a platform to promote your site and your multi level herbal product sales scheme without first checking with KT or with me, Director of Advertising & Promotions to negotiate a price for such advertising.

Marsha, I think it's possible that you miss the point of RLE, which is to give those candidates for transition just such a firsthand experience as you describe in terms of social stigma. By seeing if a person can endure this for some period of time, RLE separates the casual candidate from the real TS.

I think this is why NHS requires some period of RLE prior to HRT to determine whether the candidate might just be an autogynophilic subject or an earnest TS before prescribing treatment.

Did I use enough acronyms in that sentence?
    • 40 posts
    September 1, 2008 3:06 AM BST
    You could always go private Selena. That way you will be in control of your transition and not shoehorned into the NHS mould.

A consultation with Dr Curtis in Wimpole St will cost £220
    he will not prescribe on your first visit unless like me you have been self medicating for some considerable time. However, you should be able to get medication on a subsequent visit (£110) and you will not have to be full time for him to prescribe. He will also write to your doctor to ask if he will authorise medication and blood tests on the NHS which should keep the overall costs down. Even if your doctor will not convert his private prescriptions to NHS ones, their cost will only be about £15 a month

• 1912 posts
    September 1, 2008 5:14 PM BST
    Robyn, no I do not misunderstand what RLE is "suppose" to be about. But RLE for a linebacker going out looking like a guy in a dress is not the same as RLE for someone who reasonably passes. The clothes don't make the person. Something I have said from the beginning, this is not all fun and games and I think preparation is the key to success. And everyones preparation requirements are different.

However, I do believe in RLE before SRS, but not necessarily HRT. I think it is something that needs to be handled on an individual basis. I'm just against a cookie-cutter approach.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • September 1, 2008 6:30 PM BST
    Lucy
    Alina's case is not rare nowadays especially if you live in Oxfordshire.

Alina
    • 1912 posts
    September 2, 2008 8:14 PM BST
    UB, using your own words "you are either born as transsexual or not " I can argue there is no need for RLE. I can completely agree with you that HRT is not necessary to live as a female. Look at Nikki, I believe she is doing all this without the aid of HRT and I am more than happy to encourage her great success. But even she is working hard at preparing herself with various surgeries and laser. My argument is not that one way is better than another, my argument is that there IS more than one way and each gal should have the opportunity to find the best route for her. Not just a one size fits all approach that these national healthcare programs offer.

Here is a new argument on this to ponder. Let's say Bob goes with the cookie cutter approach. She tells her family, friends and coworkers she is TS and is now Mary. She immediately starts RLE living as a female.

Now take William. He see's a doctor and decides to start with HRT before going fulltime. Very few people are aware of his/her circumstances.

Six months into it both Bob, now Mary, and William realize that persuing a life as a female is not right for them for whatever reason. William stops HRT and goes on with his life. Bob/Mary who already told everyone he is really a woman now has to tell them maybe he is not. Who's life is more messed up? I argue that Bob/Mary is more messed up because now his reputation is totally destroyed. I understand that some of you are forgiving to all with just a big group hug, but I'm talking to the people who live in the real world and don't wear blinder's.

Hugs,
    Marsha

• 1912 posts
    September 2, 2008 10:25 PM BST
    Exactly Nikki. I really commend you on everything you have done to transition without HRT. Your approach really shows what can be done with the right attitude and planning. My approach, transitioning fully minus SRS before going fulltime is not really a new approach and to some extent is common in the private healthcare world.

The most important thing girls following this thread need to understand is that it can be done. You don't need to win the lottery, either financially or being accepted into a program. For some reason too many girls think it is a race. Of course like Nikki, I wish I could have transitioned years ago. Fact is today is today and I need to make the best of my future.

For those girls who say they gotta have it now, all I can say is WHY? And I don't want to hear the same old bull puckey answer that you are being denied something, geez. Like Ugly Betty said, you are born TS. So that means you are already you, start acting like it. Just like girls going on a diet to lose weight, change doesn't happen overnight. Learn to live with it and make those gradual changes to where you want to be. Stop thinking that putting on a dress is going to make you a woman.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 404 posts
    September 3, 2008 7:08 PM BST
    I'm afraid I've got to show Marsha-Ann the yellow card here since she seems to stressing exterior factors too much. In the final count it's down to internal, intangible factors- aka 'vibes' etc. There are many transgirls built like heavyweight boxers, and transmen of small,delicate body structure. However,they all radiate-for want of a better term- such an utterly convincing femininity or masculinity that
    scarcely anyone doubts them .indeed,the fact they are Trans people is often greeted with disbelief when it becomes known.

The Bob and William stories emphasise,to my mind,the sense behind the RLE which is to separate the serious cases from the 'lifestyle' dilettantes. Bob(?) may be a loser 'cos he breaks off the RLE BUT.....surely it's infinitely better to bail out at this stage rather than to wake up in the post-surgery recovery ward and realise that you've gone a step too far? It's like mountaineering-the trick is realising when to break-off and turn back.

Having said that, I feel that, for those of us of more mature years- with ages starting with 4-,5- or even 6-,there is perhaps a case for dispensing with a RLE requirement if,and it's a big IF,we're able to convince the quacks and shrinks that our intentions tally with our commitments to partners,families etc etc, and that they are,at least,not opposed to our intentions. I would hazard that,by the time we've reached these ages,we've got a much more realistic view of where we are,what we want and how much leeway we've actually got in terms of obligations etc. Oh,last not least, there is no perfect or ideal system for 'treating' us,at least as far as I can see.

Ciao,
    Lynn H.
    • 1912 posts
    September 3, 2008 7:54 PM BST
    Lynn!!!! Never have I said and please don't ever give the impression that I think someone should not transition because of how they look. AND I said in an earlier post to this thread
    However, I do believe in RLE before SRS, but not necessarily HRT. I think it is something that needs to be handled on an individual basis. I'm just against a cookie-cutter approach.

LOL, I used extreme examples to point out there needs to be more than one option when transitioning. I believe gals should be allowed to at a minimum have facial hair removal before RLE. There is no question the face changes with hair removal and HRT, giving the face a more feminine appearance. But with programs like the UK healthcare system if you want them to take care of it, then you have to go with their program which means you are thrown out to the wolves to start your RLE looking like a guy in a dress or a gal with a 5 o'clock shadow. Of course if you have financial resources to take care of somethings on your own, you are ok, but I'm talking about those that rely fully on the NHS. All I want for the gals is options, not the road blocks that seem to currently exist.

So with all that said and done, I have to give you a "Red Card" for putting words in my mouth that I did not say and for taking things out of context by not showing I had said there needs to be RLE before surgery. Uhmm, are you a politician by chance?

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    September 3, 2008 11:36 PM BST
    Lucy, you nailed it on the head with personal responsibility, and that is exactly what I have meant about preparation and planning. There is more to it then walking in the front door of CX and out the back door as a woman. The more a gal understands about what needs to be done, the more likely she will transition smoothly. Once again I believe the option to start doctor supervised HRT before RLE is reasonable. I've said it often, what is the rush, it's not a race. Why not take the time to get it right.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    September 4, 2008 6:29 PM BST
    I had offered to mod this one but was told that they wanted a medical professional to moderate this forum......As if that will ever happen. So meanwhile we get this.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    September 4, 2008 11:19 PM BST
    Wendy, I know you are not on HRT so please take a second to reread what you posted from TSroadmap.com. Stuff like that is one of the reasons I'm not fond of that site. Once you decipher that goblity gook you realize it talks out of both sides of it's mouth.

1. Key is hair removal, voice and face. Sounds like what I have said.
    2. Hormones are overrated. Then why is it followed by #3?
    3. Most of the effects are welcomed.
    4. Softening of facial features. Hmm, does that have anything to do with the face it mentions in number 1?
    5. Stoppage of hair loss. Hmm that could be important don't you think and amazing, that is typically part of a HRT regimen.

All and all that is a great link because it makes the point I have made all along that too many girls rush into going fulltime and that the more preparation one does the smoother transition will likely go.

So Wendy thank you for posting that link and for those who don't like to scroll, here it is again http://www.tsroadmap.com/[...]le.html

Next is you moderating this hormone forum. Because you are not on HRT, when someone asks how it feels or something along those lines, can we now expect you to delete it because you have no basis or experience to verify if any answer could possibly be right. I'm sorry, you are the wrong person to moderate this forum. My opinion of course and I don't mean that you are not a good person in any way, just not the person for this forum.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • September 5, 2008 3:50 PM BST
    I want you to answer her I don't agree with you Lucy. What Betty have said is useful information and not advertising at all because we all know that most herbal products does not work but Kwao Krua really works so what are you so worried about? I’m 100% sure that this website is full of links and product names that can be considered as advertisement but sometimes you cant give information without also telling the names of a product or give links to specific websites.

Louis
    • 1912 posts
    September 5, 2008 4:42 PM BST
    I think everyone is missing the boat on this issue of Kwao Krua. There is no question Kwao Krua is a phytoestrogen. The issue here is that herbal supplements such as Kwao Krua have no medical community consensus on what the benefits, side effects, or safe dosages are. Therefore it becomes a greater safety issue and should not be endorsed or allowed to be promoted in this environment.

Products like Kwao Krua can be purchased from anyone, anywhere, including on ebay. There is no medical support or knowledge offered or available from these sellers. Basically it is a crap shoot. For that reason I am against herbs of any type being promoted or reccommended at TW.

Hugs,
    Marsha

• 1912 posts
    September 6, 2008 3:28 AM BST
    Wendy, please let me start off by saying I have never doubted your good intentions. My complaint if you want to call it that was based on the timing and how your post came across.

The Hormone forum is very important to this site and as you see the passion in recent threads reflect how many of us take this topic extremely seriously. Those who are not on HRT or not yet on HRT can maybe imagine what we go through, but only those of us who have made the life changing commitment and are on medically supervised HRT actually know what we go through. That is why I have questioned your involvement here, no other reason. You have always been a good person in my book.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 773 posts
    September 6, 2008 2:22 PM BST
    With regard to RLE and the HBSOC, I was unaware that the current version of HBSOC had reduced the RLE requirement to three months. I was under the impression that the most recent WPATH convention had reduced it to six months.

The issue of appearance is, in my opinion, unimportant with regard to RLE. The "linebacker" needs to know and experience firsthand what to expect when undertaking gender transition, one of the hardest things any person can do.

I have always maintained that to openly identify as trans is a good thing, ultimately serving the community goal of acceptance and assimilation by making us more commonplace and less of an "oddity." It is my feeling that while addressing cosmetic matters of personal appearance and presentation, voice training and such, can make the experience easier, in the long run, it buys directly into the binary gender model, an artificial social construct that oppresses us by invalidating our identity as trans people.

Here is a real life example of real life experience that I think supports my impressions. Here in my hometown, there was an individual who took the first tentative steps out of the closet in January of 2007, never having even left the house in female attire until her first visit to the local support group.

The group embraced this person and directed her to various area resources to aid in the discovery and expression of her identity. This individual had the financial resources necessary to pursue cosmetic procedures and SRS, and by September of 2007, had arranged for SRS while still living primarily in the male role. Upon receiving a negative recommendation from a local therapist, citing the complete lack of RLE, this candidate was able to locate a different therapist who provided the necessary letter of recommendation no questions asked.

To this day, almost a year post op, this person STILL does not live fulltime. This is, in my view, an example of "SRS on demand," which the HBSOC are intended to prevent. While it is my hope that this person enjoys smooth sailing in her new situation, the possibility of "buyer's remorse" exists, and one or more such cases would be all that would be needed by those who oppose the idea of gender transition for religious or political reasons to support the view that SRS and related procedures should be banned, thus denying these opportunities to those who need them.

RLE is an essential part of the treatment regimen for all trans people, and is meant to illustrate to the SRS candidate that this is not a decision to be taken lightly. Linebacker or fashion model, until a person is addressed as "sir" by a convenience store clerk, or has some similar experience, they are likely to naively consider gender transition blithely and unrealistically. The reality is that we are not assimilated, and socially, there is still a stigma attached to who we are. Anyone undertaking gender transition needs to be prepared to deal with this.

Of course my period of RLE thus far pales by comparison to the experiences of some of the eminent experts posting in this thread, but I can say that after all I have endured as a result of my experience, I am fully prepared to move forward with confidence. I'm comfortable as a trans person. It's who I am. All the hair removal, voice training, FFS, and even SRS will render me no less trans, and I'm OK with that, thanks to RLE.
    • 404 posts
    September 6, 2008 3:43 PM BST
    That's it exactly,Robyn. There's a young TS (19) in Oz who has been on HRT for almost a year now with very favourable results.BUT, as far as transitioning goes, she's like someone standing on the edge of a swimming pool and periodically dipping her big toe in to test the temperature- and it's always too cold.'I'll get around to transitioning eventually',seems to be the motto here.At the same time she complains about being alone,no real friends,complains about people calling her by her male name,lies around in bed all day instead of going to the Uni, etc etc. This is all to see on YouTube. (see the Australian Forum for the link). There seems to be no requirement for RLE in Oz................How do you take someone like this seriously??
    RLE is there to give dreamers a very necessary cold shower of reality,or have I missed something somewhere?

Ciao,
    Lynn H.
    • 1912 posts
    September 6, 2008 3:58 PM BST
    Robyn, that is very well said and I do agree with you. I think your personal experience and that of the other gal you described goes to show there are many paths that can be taken. However, once again I do believe documented RLE needs to be undertaken before SRS, how long RLE should last is debateable. Possibly for someone who has been on hrt, had hair removal and possibly other surgeries like FFS, could get away with a shorter RLE. I'm just thinking that having made that much commitment shows one's true willingness to make the transition work.

The "linebacker" look is something the individual needs to be comfortable with. You are so right about needing to be able to go out in public not afraid of being trans. I think that is something I have come to grips with this past year and with the support of my wife and friends I now grab my purse and go. I get some sirs, lots of ma'ams and plenty of general greetings. Once again, all this highlights that there are options for all of us.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 404 posts
    September 6, 2008 4:23 PM BST
    Hi Marsha,
    so.......'red card' is it...............

'However I am against the RLE being done before HRT is prescribed for the simple reason some gals flat out look like a guy in a dress.The emotional scars from ridicule,possible job loss or inability to find a job can emotionally tear someone apart.Explain to me....etc etc................'
    (Marsha Ann,29.08.2008)

Let's be realistic here.With the exception of those who transition during childhood or as teens,almost all of us look like guys in dresses at the start. Even actually looking halfways like a girl at the start does not guarantee that RLE will be smooth and without problems. As I wrote a few days ago, it's the inner girl that decides success or failure both at the start and in the long run,much less the external. But,if we're talking external girl here then I can only urge all of you contemplating the rocky road to transition to get to grips with the beard problem before anything else-believe me,getting it removed will do wonders for your self-confidence!! Also bear in mind that ,depending upon the chosen method-Laser,needle epilation etc-HRT may be a hindrance.(I speak from experience......)

lol & ciao

Lynn H.
    • 1912 posts
    September 6, 2008 8:03 PM BST
    I understand Lynn and I have stated time and time again that we are all different, therefore a one size fits all program for transition is wrong. I can't agree with you more that facial hair removal is at the top of the list for what needs to get done for transition.
    Lots of hugs,
    Marsha
  • September 7, 2008 10:05 PM BST
    I'd like to ask a simple question at this point. Has the way this thread has gone answered Selena's original question?
    • 1912 posts
    September 7, 2008 10:33 PM BST
    Is that a yes or no question Alina?

I thought Lucy did a good job answering it on August 27th, the day it was first asked. Your answer on the 31st wasn't bad either except Selena hasn't logged on in over a week so she has never seen it.

But because Selena acknowledged both Lucy and Anna-Marie, I think the original question was answered as far as she was concerned. Also as you scroll down you will find Selena participated in other discussions that popped up in this thread.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • September 8, 2008 6:19 PM BST
    Marsha
    I find that on lots of sites like this that discussions slip away from the original point that was posed. So I suppose that although it was basically a yes/no answer to my question it could also have opened debate about the merits of having big arguments. I think one of the problems of threads going astray is when someone new joins and attempts to find an answer to a question already on the forum/thread.

Alina
    • 1912 posts
    September 8, 2008 7:41 PM BST
    I understand what you are saying and you are clearly right to express your opinion.

However I do not see anything wrong with a constructive argument either. If we all agreed on everything why bother to have forums or anything that required a comment. The reality is we are each different and it is possible that each of us will have a different view on any given topic.

As for threads branching off into different directions that is one thing mods can help prevent. Obviously we recently ran through that argument in this very same forum. But the otherside of threads branching off is that is how everyday open communication works. Maybe in a cut and dry business environment, discussions are kept to the topic of discussion, but I believe in the social arena most people find it a lot more interesting if things vary along the way.

And for the new person that comes along, how about personal responsibility. It might be a good idea to read through existing posts to see what points have been made. Nobody can make anyone else do that. And once again on the otherhand, I have never seen anyone bad mouthed for bringing up something that was discussed earlier. If anything, that just might be the ticket to get the thread back on topic.

Hugs,
    Marsha

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • September 12, 2008 3:03 PM BST
    Marsha you can be right in this, I’m not saying anything else but you must
    also know that the Kwao Krua sold on eBay and other places does not
    necessarily be the best quality of the herb and I would also make a big
    warning on such purchase. For example I know a website that sell Kwao
    Krua cheap. They have nice website, nice words but no contact details???
    Only e-mail address, would you buy from them (it’s called Herbal One)? Or
    what about Kwao Krua made in China where it does not even grow? Or Kwao
    Krua capsules that contains 10-20 other herbs in a 100-200mg capsule so
    Kwao Krua is maybe only 10% of it?

The problem with Kwao Krua is that there is so many different qualities
    and for taking Kwao Krua there is three or more criteria’s you must look
    out for where the most important is that it must have no trace of
    dangerous heavy metals, minerals or chemicals, it must be bio-grad and
    “green”, harvested on the 4th year and only while the plant has flowers
    and it must be taken from the right parts of the root or else it would be
    like selling you the skin of the potato as French fries, right?

And most important it must be irradiated to ensure that it does not have any
    fungus or germs in it. irradiation used in Anne's herbs is the same as used
    for spices and pre-packed food and is approve for both EU and USA
    (cobalt-60) and in fact she's maybe the only one that do so to ensure you
    get a mould, parasites and bug free product. Colbalt-60 is like dry
    pasteurisation of the product.

So even though there is a jungle of companies selling Kwao Krua capsules
    from 9.90 US$ and up to 40-50 US$, you can guess yourself that there is a
    reason to that price difference and it’s not all about profits and I know
    there is only a very few companies in Thailand that really sell good
    quality Kwao Krua and Anne’s products are the top of the range as they
    have done the best work to ensure they sell the best quality, sell
    safe-to-use products (their products are approved for sales in EU so I
    have no problems receiving them by post) and they do continuing research
    into new products which means they are there to stay.

So I hope this information is OK for you and you understand now why
    several of my friends as well as I here in France are using Kwao Krua from
    Anne and not hormones from a chemical factory.

You might think its crap but let me ask you this; The main reason why you
    and others are taking hormones is to get some small secondary effects like
    smother skin and breasts and after a while you get maybe an “A“ cup size.
    Well I have taken Kwao Krua from Anne and I also use her cream and I got A
    to B size after a year or maybe its only 11 months or so and I got very
    smooth skin and I got more hair now than I had for the past 10 years, and
    best of all I got a lot of energy that I did not had after my wife died.
    So can I ask you why is Kwao Krua so bad when we got the same results? I
    hope you can see my point of view in this.

• September 12, 2008 4:32 PM BST
    could I recommend the previous post for deletion ?

It is a blatant advertisement from someone (I wonder who) pretending to be french

I say pretending, because no real french person would ever call "french fries" french fries. Poor research I think
  • September 12, 2008 4:53 PM BST
    Salut Lilliene,
    Si tu doutes de mon français, il n'y à aucun soucis, je peux te parler en français sans aucun soucis, au contraire, celà m'est à la limite plus simple.
    J'utilise simplement french fries parceque c'est une façon de parler, maintenant je peux appeler ça frites ce n'est pas un soucis. Peut etre si tu as encore des doutes sur mon français, je pourrais te parler le verlan si tu connais, c'est le français language SMS en inverssant les syllabes lol t'as pigé c'ke jte racconte ou t'comprends que d'al ? lol
    Biz
    • 773 posts
    September 12, 2008 6:33 PM BST
    Lucien, Betty and Anne Selene, please PM me with contact information where you can be presented an invoice for advertising on TW. The cost will be a minimum of $99 USD for the first month, which is due immediately. This is an introductory rate that will include traffic tracking statistics to your site. Once the introductory month is up, we can discuss terms and conditions for an extended advertising agreement.

Thank you for advertising with us. Prompt payment is appreciated.
  • September 20, 2008 4:41 PM BST
    Thanks to everyone who has commented, some on track and some somewhat off track. At this point my questions have been answered to a certain degree. As I have started down the NHS road I will travel it to its conclusion.

Selena
    • 2068 posts
    August 27, 2008 10:43 PM BST
    Selina, i went through the same as you when i first went F/T.What your GP is telling you is, unfortunately correct ( exactly what i was told). I may well be wrong but i don't think that there is any other way for your GP to prescribe your HRT. There is always the option of buying the hormones on-line & taking them yourself. but self-Medding is a VERY risky path to take. I hope you find a solution to your dilemma hon.

Lol xxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1652 posts
    August 28, 2008 12:45 AM BST
    Hi Selena,
    Yes, if you want hormones prescribed on the NHS you have to be referred to a gender clinic. You don’t need to do a year’s RLE first though to get a referral, though CX or any other gender clinic are unlikely to authorise prescriptions until you are living full-time and have had two appointments with them (still not necessarily as long as a year of doing RLE).
    Normal procedure is to tell your GP you wish to be referred to a gender clinic, he will refer you to a local psychiatrist who will then refer you to a gender clinic (unless the local shrink diagnoses you as a loony). Not sure if your counsellor is actually a psychiatrist who can give you the referral to CX?
    Or you could go privately to Richard Curtis, no referral needed, but he will probably also require you to be living full-time before prescribing hormones.
    I went through the CX system, but had SRS privately (Dr Suporn) last year, no major complaints about the NHS. My GP now deals with my prescriptions.
    The question is: if you’re not ready to go full-time, are you really ready to go on hormones? It is a major, life-changing step to take, and I wouldn’t advise anyone who is not full-time to start taking them.
    As soon as you go full-time, the NHS will take you seriously and there should be no delay in getting a referral to CX, though of course the NHS are never speedy in such matters!
    Great patience, conviction and determination are required to transition. You need to be 100% ready for everything! It is WELL worth while though, if you are sure it’s what you want to do. Don’t drag your feet, don’t make excuses.
    What exactly are you not 100% ready for yet, and why not?
    xx
    • 734 posts
    September 1, 2008 12:28 AM BST
    lol, no Robyn, I did'nt think you used ANY acronyms in that sentence ...

Much love

Rae xx
    • 1652 posts
    September 1, 2008 2:39 AM BST
    Since you goddamn yanks (I love y’all really) are discussing NHS policies, I thought I’d just specify exactly what their policy on hormone treatment is (at least at Charing Cross – the largest gender clinic).
    The Harry Benjamin standards of care states that part three of the criteria for hormone therapy must be:
    “… Either:
    a. A documented real-life experience of at least three months prior to the administration
    of hormones; or
    b. A period of psychotherapy of a duration specified by the mental health professional
    after the initial evaluation (usually a minimum of three months).
    In selected circumstances, it can be acceptable to provide hormones to patients who have not fulfilled criterion 3 – for example, to facilitate the provision of monitored therapy using hormones of known quality, as an alternative to black-market or unsupervised hormone use.”

This is exactly CX’s policy. I assume they have this policy simply because it is what the HBSoC recommends. I don’t think the NHS have got as far as considering the moral and ethical implications, they just play “Harry says…”
    In my case I told them I was self-medicating and they agreed at my first appointment to authorise prescriptions (in accordance with the “selected circumstances” above). There is a myth going around (mentioned by Selena) that people who self-medicate will be refused or delayed treatment, but in fact it’s quite the contrary. Otherwise it will be at least 3 months RLE before you’ll get a script. If you’re not full-time, you almost certainly aren’t going to get one under any circumstances
    I think there are arguments for and against this policy, so I will just sit on the fence for now. I will say though that female hormones don’t work miracles on most peoples’ appearance. After 4 years on hormones, apart from A-cup boobs my physical appearance hasn’t changed much, if at all. I learnt a lot during my RLE which I could never have learnt “in the closet”. It takes more than hormones alone to stop a guy in a dress looking like a guy in a dress. Good clothes sense for a start…

I’d suggest that Alina’s case is quite unusual, I’m sure it is extremely rare for a patient to be referred to an endocrinologist rather than a gender clinic (I doubt if there is a suitably experienced endo in Cumbria where I live!) But all credit to her local consulting psychiatrist for speeding up the process and avoiding the gender clinic route, which is inevitably slowed down with the process of NHS referrals and appointment waiting lists.
    In Selena’s case, she is now stuck with her present gatekeeper, who has the power to refer her to CX… or not.
    Selena says she’s “not 100% ready” and she’s not likely to be referred, or get any sort of NHS treatment, until she demonstrates that she is.
    Name change, coming out, going full-time, all need to be done before the NHS will take you seriously. My GP, inexperienced with TS’s as he is, warned me of this, so by the time I got to CX it was all taken care of and I’ve been waved through the system without a hitch.
    The system ain’t too bad, as long as you fulfil their criteria. Being ready is one of them.
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    September 2, 2008 3:29 PM BST
    I am strongly requesting those of you who have gone off topic on personal issues to stop. You are free to disagree on the topic of HRT but personal attacks are undesirable, even in their own thread. If it continues I will seriously consider removing/editing all such comments from this thread, without apology or further justification. It is unacceptable. It stops here.

Let me also say that helping people to deal with their problems by offering support, education, socialization and friendship in a safe environment is exactly what Trannyweb is about. We take care of each other.

Robyn is quite right on the issue of advertising on TW. If a company is unethical in it's use of Trannyweb as a free advertising platform, it is likely to be unethical in it's dealings with it's own customers. We want nothing to do with such companies/individuals. Forum Administrators are on the lookout for such advertising posts and they are quickly removed, sometimes with commentary that backfires on the advertiser. It is very important that TW be a protected environment.
    • 2017 posts
    September 2, 2008 8:38 PM BST
    Marsha, you are absolutely right in your assessment of me. Hormones are not an option for me but I am taking other steps to both make me feel more feminine as well as looking more presentable. There is more than one way to go as you say and the choice of what path to take lays entirely with the individual, no one else.

As for the rest of the thread and how to transition. In hindsight, I wish I had transitioned fully by the time I was twenty, HRT, SRS, everything but it didn't turn out that way. Partly my cowardice denying being TG and partly old fashioned attitudes of doctors telling me 'it's a phase, go and be a man!' (Like a cowardly fool, I listened).

Sorry to go on here. My point is, it's up to the individual to choose their own path, and it is not our place to argue with their judgement just because we choose to do it differently.

To take Marsha's argument further, a girl could go on HRT and have FFS and only then decide to come out. Some will never have SRS since they don't feel the need to or they can't afford it or are not eligible under their countries health program. One size does not fit all.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    September 3, 2008 3:02 PM BST
    Anne Selene:
    “Selena (Interesting name, right Lucy?)”
    Selena, meaning “the moon”, from the Greek moon goddess, Selena. Another variant is Selene – your middle name. Is that why it’s interesting?
    You say your herbal product is “safe and expensive in the same time…”
    Unlike estradiol which is safe and inexpensive.
    Wendy has not shot herself in the foot. There is a big difference between answering a question about shampoo, and repeatedly spouting the benefits of a miracle herb which you just happen to sell on your own website. As per your suggestion, I agree that all references to your herbal products should be removed from these forums. (Can a moderator oblige please?)
    If you want to enter into the spirit of Trannyweb and take part in forum discussions then you will be most welcome to. Though you will have no respect from me as long as you keep up this charade of pretending that you are both a customer and acquaintance of yourself.
    Some of us are more intelligent than you seem to think. There is absolutely no doubt that the person masquerading as Ugly Betty is actually Anne Selene, who left the site earlier this year. This is not a suspicion, this is something I know for a fact.
    I am not happy about you poisoning our site with your shameful marketing techniques, trying to raise the profile of your products. I’ve seen you on other forums doing the same. It’s people like you that give the internet a bad name.
    And yet I think you are an intelligent person with some valid personal opinions about your own transsexuality... I think.
    Why don’t you just be yourself? Anne, the real person. No better, nor less than anyone else, instead of Anne the shrewd, devious, deceptive businessman using false names.
    Please don’t treat us like we’re stupid; it’s offensive.
    • 1652 posts
    September 3, 2008 6:48 PM BST
    Anne, I really don’t want to play your stupid game. Since I’ve been accused of being a liar, here is an example of Anne promoting her products on another forum. It’s a slightly dodgy translation from Norwegian (her native language):
    http://translate.google.c[...]hl%3Den
    scroll down to the subject heading (in blue): Brystkrem
    And another:
    http://translate.google.c[...]hl%3Den
    Subject: Kwao Krua. On this one she gives a link to her own website, which she was doing here last time she was a member.
    There are plenty more examples on various forums of Anne spouting off about her products, both blatantly and incognito.
    “Lucien” tells us she doesn’t need to do this, clearly she IS doing it.
    I wish she wouldn’t, especially not here.
    Like I say, I don’t want to play your games, I’m sure you have this all worked out, to a degree… I’m not here to prove who you are or are not, but please tell me which branch Betty works at, her direct number, the number of the branch, and her surname so I know who to ask for. My email is [email protected]
    And please stop going on about Kwauck Krap, as I see you’ve just done yet again in another thread.
    I don’t blame you for wanting to promote your products, but this is not the way to do it, and certainly not the place.
    • 1652 posts
    September 3, 2008 10:07 PM BST
    Actually Marsha, usual NHS policy is to NOT fund any form of hair removal, so anyone could, and as you rightly say, should begin hair removal before transition.
    This does indeed make more of a difference than the effects of hormones, but since the NHS generally do not offer any help with this, whether you start RLE before or after it is up to the individual, not the NHS.
    Obviously the NHS ought to help with this very important part of feminisation, but if you want them to, you’re probably going to have to fight them in court over it (I’ve heard of people trying this and failing). There may be some individuals who have managed to get blood out of this particular stone, but generally, that’s the way it is.
    The NHS will give prescriptions for Vaniqa (as least my PCT does), but that is a hair retardant, not remover, so wouldn’t really impact on one’s RLE in the same way as laser (if it works for you) or electrolysis.
    I agree that there should be “more than one option when transitioning”, and I think that for anyone with half a brain there is, even under the care of the NHS. I’m not defending their systems or policies, I just believe that one has to take a certain amount of responsibility for such a deeply personal, life-changing step. If you want to be a factory produced cookie, then let them get the cutter out.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    September 4, 2008 5:31 PM BST
    One of us is a story-teller, Anne, and it’s not me.
    Both of the posts I referred to were made by Anne in July THIS YEAR. It’s irrelevant when the thread started, but the first one was started in January this year, and the second in August 2007, not “early” 2007 as you stated.
    The point is that Anne appears on several forums doing exactly what I say she is doing - promoting her products. No lie, no story, just plain fact as I have evidenced in the posts above. She often includes direct links to her website where her products can be bought, something for which she was moderated on TW last time she was a member.
    Here’s yet another example for you (do you want more? I've got more):
    http://translate.google.c[...]r%3Dall
    (Scroll down to the post made on 26.07.2008 at 17:23)
    The moderators have also had to edit her posts on that site, in accordance with their rules.
    If you’re not here to promote these products Anne, Betty, whatever, then I ask you again to please stop expounding their virtues in post after post. Talk about something else. And I ask the moderators once again to please remove all references to said products in this blatant, underhand, unpaid for advertising campaign.
    I am not a bully, nor do I need any “cleaning”. I am a sane, well-balanced, intelligent and happy individual. People here do not gang up to drive people away. We support others. What we do not support is people trying to promote their business ventures for free, whilst being misleading, deceitful and insulting.
    • 2573 posts
    September 4, 2008 8:41 PM BST
    I have this forum on my notification list for reasons that should be readily apparent. I've had a bad couple days medically and missed the start of this nonsense. (no nothing serious just very painful and didn't get much sleep/rest)