Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Most famous trans people?

Most famous trans people?

Tags : None
  • I'm trying to put together a list of the best known, greatest TG people the world has produced (just for fun you understand).

So, who are the most famous tranny people (alive today) that you can think of?

We all know about Ru Paul, Eddie Izzard and Richard O'Brien but can you think of any others who deserve to be in this list?

Hugs,

Glo
      September 6, 2008 10:05 PM BST
  • EDITED BY ADMIN: Julie please check your PM's for reason - Wendy Larsen.
      September 6, 2008 10:21 PM BST

• There is of course the only Trans person to be "Oscar Nominated" (I think I'm right in that), Jay Davison, for his/her part in "The Crying Game".

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      September 7, 2008 7:11 AM BST
  • How about April Ashley, Flirted and mixed with barons, dukes and earls, Probably the most famous post-op
    of all
    Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      September 7, 2008 1:06 PM BST
  • Edward Hyde, Viscount Cornbury, (1638-1709) Governor of New York and New Jersey from 1701 to 1708, in which position he earned a very foul repute. It is said that his character and conduct were equally abhorred in both hemispheres.

Cornbury is reported to have opened the 1702 New York Assembly clad in a hooped gown and an elaborate headdress and carrying a fan, imitative of the style of Queen Anne. When his choice of clothing was questioned, he replied, "You are all very stupid people not to see the propriety of it all. In this place and occasion, I represent a woman (the Queen), and in all respects I ought to represent her as faithfully as I can."
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      September 7, 2008 4:32 PM BST
  • What? no nominations for J Edgar Hoover yet?

September 7, 2008 7:42 PM BST

• Trying to keep to the "living" trans people .......................

Jan Morris, probably one of the best known, internationally, authors.
    Her multitude of books have nearly all been Best Sellers.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      September 7, 2008 8:44 PM BST
  • 2 2627
    Here's a list of transgenderd people I found.

Transgenderd
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      September 7, 2008 9:04 PM BST
  • Gloria, I intrviewed Mrs Christene Jorgensen in 1970 at Virginia Commonwealth University. I wa working fo thre school radio station then and I had a persona interview with her as well. Yes, she outted me within five minutes! And here I was trying to fool a fellow trans member! goes to show you that you cant fool a drunk when you're a drunk your'e self. Oh yes how about Phyllis Fry the attorneyu in Houston! Listen I used to live there when cross dressing was illegeal too ! She almost single handlidly went and fought coragously to overturn the law that put us all at risk of being un wanted guests at the Harris County Jail! Ellen
    Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      September 8, 2008 7:07 PM BST
  • Gloria,

Here is a good place to find some people for your list. Click on the links, and go to the bottom of the pages.

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/[...]es.html

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/[...]en.html
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. -- Edgar Allan Poe
      September 14, 2008 5:48 AM BST
  • For me a woman of great inspiration is Michelle Dumaresq, a Canadian professional mountain biker. I love mountain biking myself and what inspires me is that she fought for recognition to compete as a woman, and although she is obviously strong as am I ,( I'm a bit of a tomboy) she manages to keep her feminine side too.
      October 1, 2008 3:19 PM BST
  • Don't forget Calpernia Addams!

There is also the TG who composed the music for the film "A Clockwork Orange." I believe her name is now Wendy Carlos, or something like that. I haven
    t had the time to look it up, although I am sure she is on the list Karen provided.
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      October 1, 2008 8:01 PM BST
  • There are actually two TS currently appearing on TV here,. Don't know thier names, but one girl is starring on a show called "Sexy, Dirty, Money" and another is a contestant on the show "Americas Next Great Model" [or something like that}. And they are beautiful!!
      October 1, 2008 8:47 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Mere, it's interesting that you should mention Calpernia Addams. One of our gorgeous members is hoping to do an interview with her soon, for the Tranny Tribune.

And Vikki, the girl from Dirty, Sexy Money is called Candice Cayne. She's a TG girl from Hawaii.

We even have a little video about her here at TWTV...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]3042046

What a stunner!

Please keep the famous TG names coming girls. Maybe we should start a TG walk of fame!

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 1, 2008 10:59 PM BST
  • The interview is being conducted as we speak!
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      October 1, 2008 11:05 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Wow! you are good!

Hugs,

Katie
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 1, 2008 11:19 PM BST