There's other things

• 1195 posts
    September 12, 2008 3:17 PM BST
    I know everyone is talking about either the forthcoming election or the hurricanes but life goes on.
    Holloween approaching fast - seven weeks.
    What's going on out there that I should know about?
    hugs
    "Grandmother"Gracie

• 181 posts
    September 12, 2008 4:48 PM BST
    Grace, If you will describe to us you're intrests and hobbies, maybe I can provide you with some help! ellen Shaver
    • 1195 posts
    September 13, 2008 5:09 PM BST
    Ellen - we used to hold street parties - house parties - and even tavern parties. Unfortunately, those seem to be a thing of the past - at least in the US - our UK sisters still know how to party - lucky them.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1083 posts
    September 16, 2008 4:21 PM BST
    Grandmother Gracie

**giggles**

If you don't know what's going on by now, I'm certainly not telling you...!

Seriously, hon--I miss costume parties as well. Halloween used to be more fun, but it has gotten too dark. It has returned to its roots, and it's sad to me when little kids have to be worried about everything from what's in their candy to getting mugged for it.

As for what I'm doing--I'm on the lookout for a diaphanous gown and a blonde wig. I wanna do the the Marilyn Monroe gig, as I know where a private bash is being held, costume mandatory. (If I find 'em, I'll post pics.) If I can't find the right blonde wig, I'll get a red one and go as Jessica Rabbit.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 1195 posts
    September 17, 2008 3:17 PM BST
    Thanks Wendy - it's all withing an hour from here.
    I'll make plans.
    San Francisco has a street party too. Had great fun there back in .....
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    September 22, 2008 4:49 PM BST
    I used to live in Arlington near dallas. I only wish I had known the fine people then as I do now. dallas has an outstanding Metropolitian Comunity Church, Ive met their pastor here in Richmond Va. Im also aware of Oak Hill and Oak Cliff. Theres always some thing going on along Swissavenue and along Greenville. I only wish I were back there in the Metroplex. If any one does go there and runs into some one that was into Custom Vans in the Day, tell them SCRUBBA is alive an well, she misses them all. Bye darlings! Ellen Shaver
    • 2573 posts
    September 17, 2008 7:00 AM BST
    GAYRIBBEAN HALLOWEEN CRUISE Yes, it's Summer. That gives you just a few short months to pull together that perfect costume for all the perfect parties aboard (and ashore) for this spooky autumn cruise. Sun., Oct. 26 - Nov. 2. Sail from Galveston aboard Carnival's Conquest to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel., 877/560-8318. From $568. [email protected] www.gayribbeancruises.com

Oct 31 2008   80P
      the Stampede Gay/Lesbian/Transexual Halloween party   Dallas, Texas
    http://profile.myspace.co[...]5628004

e: TW Halloween bash! Alina June Wicks Tues, Sept 9th 2008 - 80AM ... Our new columnist, Michelle Hart from Dallas, Texas, is bound to ruffle more than ...
    gendersociety.com/menu.shtml - 66k - Cached - Similar pages - Filter

Thrillvania, Dallas, TX: Thrillvania is the nationally-acclaimed thrill park featuring eight different haunted attractions, a midway with fun and games, food and beverages and a haunted store. Founded nearly 20 years ago, the renowned park is located on 50 acres of haunted property approximately 30 miles east of Dallas. Attracting more than 25,000 visitors each Halloween season, Thrillvania is the premier area attraction for discerning thrill seekers.

Dallas GLBT community to celebrate annual Halloween Street Party
    published Wednesday, September 12, 2007
    GLBT community comes together for favorite, most artistically expressive holiday.

You'll see everything from "presidential hopefuls" in drag to the most flamboyant of celebrity bad girls strutting their stuff Saturday, October 27, at the annual Oak Lawn Halloween Street Party in Dallas.

Celebrants show up in masse and in costume -- ranging from the traditional ghouls and ghosts to superstars and saints (albeit usually tarnished ones).

Some of the year's most news-worthy headlines usually provide inspiration for the party's best costumes. This year's Halloween party could see Hillary like you've never seen her before, perhaps even a more loquacious Lindsay Lohan and maybe even enough Paris Hiltons for their own parade promenade.

"Thousands of participants will don their creative best to celebrate one of Dallas' biggest annual events," said Ross Crusemann, Senior Vice President of Marketing for the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The GLBT community comes together with open arms for, what is for many, their favorite and most artistically expressive holiday."

The Street Party is held in the 3900 block of Cedar Springs Road, between Oak Lawn Avenue and Throckmorton Street. Traffic will be cordoned off so that revelers and spectators can mingle safely and enjoy the parade of costumes running the entire block.

Activities and costumed-reveler sightings begin about sundown and stretch on through the night until the last witch winds up her spider web. Families and friends from all over the United States make the journey to Oak Lawn and fill the streets and sidewalks to watch the hilarious happenings. The Oak Lawn Halloween Street Party is truly one of Dallas' largest most fun festivities.

About the DCVB:

Dallas is a destination that inspires big ideas and promises many memorable experiences. This richly diverse city is home to some of the best shopping and dining in America; one of the largest gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender populations; and outstanding performing and visual arts in the largest urban arts district in the nation. Dallas is an authentic, sophisticated and distinctive gateway. For additional GLBT visitor information, please visit www.glbtdallas.com or www.visitdallas.com/diversity.
    • 2573 posts
    September 18, 2008 1:16 PM BST
    You are Welcome, Mary. It's close because I only searched for things between Austin and Dallas. You can always come to L.A. for the massive party here but I don't think that was what you had in mind. I hope you find something enjoyable; perhaps some new friends having a party.