What do you think?

• 2017 posts
    August 11, 2010 5:25 PM BST

For those of us that are in on this secret........what do we think of the site?

Personally I already like the 'facebook' style messaging to just leave a one liner instead of always creating a new forum post.

Nikki

This post was edited by Nikki Hollm at August 12, 2010 3:39 PM BST
    • 1017 posts
    August 12, 2010 9:52 PM BST

Hi Nikki, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but so far my impressions are very favorable. Didn't realize how much the old site needed an update til I saw the new one...
    Best,
    Melody

This post was edited by Melody Anders at August 12, 2010 9:54 PM BST
    • 2127 posts
    September 18, 2010 9:29 AM BST
    Anyone else got any feedback? Please post it here.

Thanks, Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    September 21, 2010 4:09 PM BST
    I like it for the same reason Nikki says.
    It will take some getting use to after the other site But it's pretty easy to get around this one.
    • 456 posts
    October 4, 2010 11:49 PM BST

Generally site looks good - Facebook type sites seem to be abounding and many people find them easy to use. Initial opinion - looking good!

• 2573 posts
    October 11, 2010 1:37 AM BST
    Does anyone else find that the Beta site text is less defined/sharp text than GS or other sites?
    • 2127 posts
    October 11, 2010 12:55 PM BST

I think it's just a different font. You can make it bigger though, if you think it's difficult to read.

If you have a fairly recent browser you need only hold down the CRTL key and press the + key. Each time you hit + you will zoom in a bit making the text larger.  To zoom out hold down the CTRL key and hit the minus key (-).

Hope that helps. Hugs Katie x

This post was edited by katieglover at October 11, 2010 12:58 PM BST
    • 1652 posts
    October 11, 2010 10:39 PM BST

It's looking good to me, still plenty of glitches to iron out I'm sure!

Do we know if blogs/albums/forums will be moved across from the old site?

xx

• 2127 posts
    October 13, 2010 10:54 AM BST
    Yes, we're hoping to move the blogs, albums, forums and articles across, along with profile and buddy lists.

It's going to be a huge job!

Hugs, Katie x
    • 110 posts
    October 26, 2010 7:37 PM BST
    im loving it.Taking me a little while to get used to it but it looks great.Well done to all those involved x
    • 2068 posts
    October 29, 2010 1:25 AM BST

Its Looking good so far methinks

• 24 posts
    November 13, 2010 12:36 PM GMT
    It's going to be a wonderful site, truly comprehensive and easy to navigate. The bug that bothers me is how a member's info comes up when you linger over their name. It's a good feature, but it seems to be difficult to get rid of the pop up.
    • 2358 posts
    November 22, 2010 12:08 PM GMT
    Who's doing piccie approval now? everything looks good to me, looking a bit bare at the moment, but sure it will look realy busy when everything is moved over and we can settle in properly
    • 2127 posts
    November 22, 2010 9:33 PM GMT
    There is no piccie approval just yet, but there will be as soon as we can afford to pay the developer to write it for us.

And yes, it will be much better when we get the rest of our data and members migrated across.

Hugs, Katie x
  • December 25, 2010 12:31 AM GMT

It's fresh, and different. It deals with a lot of the same issues as the old site, but in a new way. It is underpopulated though. The blogs, forums etc are very short of material at present. I wonder when the rest of the membership is coming over?

Some comments on the chat feature. Clicking on Chat on the top menu takes you straight into the chatroom. What if all you want to do is find out how many people are there (and ideally who they are?). Also once you're in, there doesn't seem to be an exit button, unless I've missed it.

Another feature I'd like to see one day is Who's Online Now. It was there on the old site, but never seemed to be up to date.

Anyway congratulations to Katie on getting the new site up and running.

This post was edited by Former Member at December 25, 2010 12:32 AM GMT
    • 2127 posts
    December 26, 2010 1:45 PM GMT
    Thanks for your first impressions of the site Catherine. Of course, it's underpopulated because it is still in beta testing and not live yet. Only a select number of our special members have been invited over to help with testing and to give their views on this site. I was hoping to make it live before Crimbo but that didn't happen so my best estimate now is that it will be live in the next week or two. Perhaps I'll make it my New Year's resolution.

The chat room is pretty basic and we have plans to change it already. However, you missed the Who's Online thingy on the home page and this one works in real time (well give or take 30 seconds). There's such a lot of data on the home page though, that it's not surprising you didn't see it in the left hand column.

I think we need to cut down on the amount of stuff on that page. It's just too much.

Hug, Katie x

• 2358 posts
    February 16, 2011 12:45 PM GMT

I thinks its brilliant, people can personalise their IM's, they are imediately seen on the front page. great that we can post piccies for leads to items in forums etc.

• 2127 posts
    February 16, 2011 1:06 PM GMT

I agree!