Going to extremes

• 171 posts
    September 23, 2008 1:47 PM BST
    Warning, this is light-hearted.

I've received a voucher for an Extreme Sports Day, but I'd rather have received a voucher for a Spa, Facial and a Make-Over. As a result, I've struggled to choose how to spend it..

What voucher would you like to receive and how would you spend it?

Rachel
    • 1083 posts
    September 23, 2008 5:15 PM BST
    Hi, all--

At first glance, a spa day would be far more enjoyable. Manicure, pedicure, facial, a good soak in a hot tub, gentle yoga, maybe some tai-chi, good food, back massage, hot rock treament, hair and makeover...oh yes. I want a weekend of that kind of treatment.

A sporting event? I'm not so sure about that...depends on the hunk factor of the guys on the field, and could I get a date with one after the game...!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 1083 posts
    September 23, 2008 7:55 PM BST
    Anne--

Did you visit Kurama Onsen while in Kyoto?

My personal fave is Shiobara Onsen, in Tochigi Prefecture, Chubu Region. They take good care of you there.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    • 171 posts
    September 24, 2008 9:32 AM BST
    The company I booked with included such 'extreme' sports as Paintballing (not really very extreme - like putting make-up on in a rush), Clay-pigeon shooting (only extremely dangerous if you are the clay pigeon), Sphereing (rolling down a hill in a plastic ball, and extremely sickness inducing) together with more traditional extreme / masculine type activities like rally-driving, climbing, hang-gliding, canyoning, bungee jumping, etc. They didn't have an option for dressing up en-femme and coming out to your family, that would have been far far too extreme for these guys.
    Actually, like Nikki I'm up for most of this stuff most of the time - gender of course shouldn't come in to it. But having been given total freedom to spend a day at my leisure, I might just have chosen something a little more sensuous. Instead, I'm throwing myself to the Gods.
  • September 24, 2008 9:36 PM BST
    Hi Rachel,
    Paintball then the spa would be fun.

As for Applying makeup at 30 ft, that might be fun..

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

PS- My real vote would be "Extreme Makeover"!!!!
    • 1195 posts
    September 27, 2008 9:20 PM BST
    I'd like to know how "extreme" is measured. I've seen chess games turned into "blood sports."
    Competitiveness can be dangerous.
    hugs
    Gracie (the bench warmer)
    • 1980 posts
    September 23, 2008 4:19 PM BST
    Pretty much like you, Rachel. Facial, makeover, pedicure would be just fine. I couldn't think of anything more useless than a voucher to any sporting event...boring.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    September 23, 2008 5:30 PM BST
    Either would be fine with me, I love so called extreme sports and regularly partake in them.

A massage and a manicure/pedicure is always nice too though.

So I would take both!

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    September 23, 2008 6:55 PM BST
    Okay, I must ask, what exactly are "extreme sports"? Maybe I was too hasty, I mean I'll opt for a day of pampering...or even an hour...anytime. But I guess if I'm going to kick something to the curb I should know what it is.<lol>

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    September 24, 2008 7:06 AM BST
    Extreme sport (also called action sport and adventure sport) is a media term for certain activities perceived as having a high level of inherent danger... These activities often involve speed, height, high level of physical exertion, highly specialized gear or spectacular stunts.-WIKIPEDIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/w[...]_sports

I used to rock climb without safety gear but my body will no longer cover the checks I wrote back then. I stick to tamer slopes now where a parachute fall will save me from the worst injuries.
    • 2017 posts
    September 24, 2008 9:13 AM BST
    Like beauty, 'Extreme sports' is in the eye of the beholder. I have yet to engage in a sport or activity that I consider extreme, although others would describe it that way.

You only live once, so live a full life with no regrets and lots of new experiences.

Nikki
    • 734 posts
    September 24, 2008 10:46 PM BST
    Rachel,

Whatever you do, hunni, don't be fooled by the dark forces who are trying to influence you in this thread. Don't fall for their glib comments and easy demeaner. We have to fight this evil. I know we can do it if we're strong!

There is NO choice here to take. Its pamper all the way!!!!!

Do not fall for the 'Nikki Holms' of this world. She is just a siren trying to lure you into the unholy trysts of active activity.

Extreme sports are ANY sport that involves more physical activity then applying lipstick or eyeliner. DO NOT fall for this ruse!

Its not too late for you. You can still turn your gaze from the grey and sweaty. Look to the pink and fluffy, its waiting for you...

Much love

Rae xx

[Love you really Nikki ]
    • 530 posts
    September 27, 2008 2:45 PM BST
    Extreme what? Never heard this thing 'sports'.
    No chance it's anything to do with wild sex I suppose? (She says hopefully...)
    Pamper me, every time!!!
    • 2017 posts
    September 28, 2008 9:32 AM BST
    Rae - you're absolutely right, it is not possible to apply lipstick when in freefall.

You have to wait for the 'chute to open before doing that!

Nikki x