WTF?????

• 23 posts
    October 19, 2008 6:44 AM BST
    OK WTF happened to MY Trannyweb?????

Why has the place gone to Hell?

I'm so upset to see how this site has gone so down hill.....

I call for Katie to take over and re do the whole site!!!!!

Glo

• 404 posts
    October 20, 2008 7:17 PM BST
    err...what's going on here?......... Have I missed something some-
    where along the line.........?? People come,people go,c'est la vie.....

ciao,
    Lynn H.

• 1195 posts
    October 20, 2008 7:32 PM BST
    la vie
    • 1912 posts
    October 21, 2008 8:36 PM BST
    Did someone leave? I've heard rumors a number of times from some but they keep popping back up around here. Otherwise there are lots of great new faces here. The chatroom seems to be busier than it has been in ages and I think it takes a little while for new members to get comfortable posting in the forums. I for one can't wait to see Katie's new website design for TW.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

• 1195 posts
    October 22, 2008 2:14 PM BST
    Katie
    I've been "hanging" since '01 and we have weathered many storms. You just can't please everyone and that the truth.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 23 posts
    October 22, 2008 11:46 PM BST
    OK now that I got the buzz going I'm glad to see that some of the old faithful girls came in and said things,,,

Katie sometimes it's good to stir the pot and see what floats to the top

Great discussion
    • 89 posts
    October 23, 2008 10:32 PM BST
    I'm still trying to remember the last time i behaved in chat.
  • October 24, 2008 3:20 AM BST
    Good call Katie, It's plain and simple Glo if you don't like it then bugger off if you dont have anything positive to say about the site Then don't say it were not forcing you to visit here!!
    • 2627 posts
    October 19, 2008 1:05 PM BST
    So what would you change?
    • 734 posts
    October 20, 2008 12:02 AM BST
    Hi Gamer Glo,

I have to confess to being a little confused here. I'm sorry you feel upset, but exactly over what?

If - as part of your post implies - its the look and feel of the site, thats not really changed. Though I understand Katie has some plans afoot....

If its because some people have moved on and new people have moved in, well, thats the natural ebb and flow of a site.

If you're referring to 'chat' then I'm not qualified to comment as i don't use it!

TW - IMHO - remains a great place to be.

Much love

Rae x
    • 2358 posts
    October 20, 2008 10:24 AM BST
    I should imagine, as in my case, we were all members of other sites at one time, people I know joined here as well bringing in turn their freins and their freinds bought freinds,
    I know I moved here and brought a few freinds as well.
    But sometimes one gets the impressionsome of the core base of long standing TW members are very self invovled with their own particular group of freinds, But there again some of the people who have joined and bought their freinds with them do the same, bit like a pub realy, Lots of people and lots of groups. Seems most of the bickering starts in the chat room then spreads through the forums.
    Would be nice for those that don't use the chat rooms to pop in ocassionaly and I'm sure the odd attendance of Katie in the chat rooms would make the experience a more personal experience, I still maintain that TW has a sort of corporate image with the heirachy beeing inaccesible.
    • 2127 posts
    October 20, 2008 1:32 PM BST
    Forum posts like this one really upset me Glo. I hope that was not your intention.

The truth is that the site has not changed physically for a long time, apart from when we had a software upgrade back in May, and that only added a few more features and improved the existing ones. I can’t see how that would make you angry.

As Rae correctly pointed out, members have moved on and new members have joined us and they are most welcome. That is the natural way of things. You yourself left us a while back. You can’t expect to come back again months later and find the ol’ place exactly the same as it was when you left.

And as Cristine mentioned, I do not appear in the chat room very often. The reason why is because whenever I do, it’s like the head mistress or principle has just walked into the class room. Suddenly everyone goes into best behaviour mode. Although I am not your school principle, I feel that my presence in the chat room stops the normal flow of conversation and that is why I stay away.

It’s interesting to hear that Cristine thinks we have a corporate kind of image right now. I hope our new site will look a bit more friendly. I am totally accessible though. If there’s anything you want to tell me, just drop me an email or message me.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2463 posts
    October 20, 2008 2:40 PM BST
    I personally see nothing wrong with TW. It has not gone downhill at all.

As I've said before, and will say again, why don't those of you who do nothing but complain step up and help us out a little?

I first joined this site about 5 years ago, and not everyone I knew back then are still around. I have seen a lot of people come and go, and for a variety of reasons.

So, how about volunteering to help?
  • October 20, 2008 4:06 PM BST
    I too am a long time visitor of TW and in all the years I have been here, the site itself hasn't changed much. Since I've stayed so long, that's probably not a bad thing in my eyes.
    Members have come and gone over the years and it seems that recently some of the more vocal and active members have contracted a strain of bitterness and some seems to have left. But you know what I see when I log into the chat room? I see new faces, people I haven't seen before, new and old topics being discussed and new friendships forming.
    Perhaps one shouldn't necessarily consider that some vocal members of "informal power" is leaving a bad thing. Personally I've met more nice, new people and seen more interesting topics in the chat room this month than I have during the last 2 years and who knows, if these new members are given some space maybe they can make this site even better than it has been.

And Meredith, I don't mind volunteering, I just know how unpredictable I am in coming here and my limitation when it comes to web thingies. I volunteer my experience and friendship, some of the new users seems to take me up on it at least!

Kind regards
    • 1980 posts
    October 21, 2008 4:35 PM BST
    Hi Glo-

I don't mean any offense by this, but generalized rants along the lines of, "What a mess you've made of the place, you ought to shape up!" aren't very productive. If you genuinely feel that the site has deteriorated then please point out some specifics. I know that Katie, and I would hope everyone else, wants TW to excel as a place for folks like us to find help, resources, friends and just a safe place to be.

Speaking for myself, I will have been a member five years this coming January. There have been times when I have felt like throwing up my hands and even leaving. Like all groups there are times when things are all sunshine and roses and there other times when some issue comes up and everyone seems to want to pick sides and be at one anothers' throats. But it all passes and the life of the group moves on. It's just the way it works. To me TW is home, it's the place I've been the longest and have made the most and closest friends. Viva TW!

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2127 posts
    October 21, 2008 9:05 PM BST
    I remember very well that the last time we had a major redesign back in about 2002 or 2003, a whole heap of people got angry because they didn't like it, so they upped and went. It is just soooo difficult to please tranny people. We are very difficult people.

So, to this time one of the objectives will be to offer a number of "skins" so if you don't like one you can choose another.

However, it won't happen overnight. There will be a huge amount of work involved so we will probably have to go with one skin for a while and then add more further down the line.

The new site is also about relevance. We are hoping to serve American content to our US users, UK content to our British members and so on, so the site will feel less "foreign" for everyone.

There are several other innovations coming up in the new site which will blow the competition away and make Full TW Membership absolutely irresistible.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2573 posts
    October 22, 2008 2:29 AM BST
    Oh, wonderful news, Katie. I have some scars and blemishes I thought I was going to have to take to a plastic surgeon. Now I'll just wait for a new skin from TW and buy shoes instead.

Glo, you being gone is one of the things I think was to the detriment of my TW experience, but now that you are back I have nothing to complain of. BTW, what ARE you drinking? Can I have some?
    • 2127 posts
    October 22, 2008 3:02 PM BST
    Ain't that the truth sister!

KT x
    • 2127 posts
    October 23, 2008 12:29 AM BST
    I am sick and tired of people stirring the pot here. We have had far more than our fair share of stirring in the last few weeks.

From now on I suggest that anyone who wants to stir should do so over at OnThe AirTV.

Hugs,

KT x
    • 2017 posts
    October 24, 2008 9:13 AM BST
    Yes, people have come and gone in TW and some of my friends among them but that's life. I have made new friends here and TW is the same as always, it just has some different faces that's all, although there are still a good many of the girls that have been here for years.

Tell me an institution that still looks the same and has the same staff for ten years?

Life is all about evolving, TW is doing just that.

Nikki