New, and I need some advice...

• d b
    • 2 posts
    October 30, 2008 4:10 AM GMT
    I am a female, and not transvestite, but I feel that you are courageous people who are living just the way that you were born to live, so please, know that I am not here to be judgemental, I honestly need some help.

I am someone who went through horrific abuse as a child, and now, as an adult, I am in recovery. For the first time in my life, I am going to go have a photo shoot done, as I feel I have self esteem enough to not break down crying when I see a picture of myself.

I have always seen myself as simply hideous, but now, I am ready to "have my pickchure took", flaws and all.

Many of you enjoy glamorous looks, and I would like some help with that. I need to know how to make a good tape cleavage, how to put on glamour makeup without looking "cakey" or "goopy", if that makes sense, etc. I know how to do a little makeup, but not the kind that really "pops" so sexy on camera.

Any advice you may have, I will welcome gratefully. I am doing this for one of the best friends I have ever had and it needs to ROCK!

Thank you for considering my question, and I do hope for some fun and helpful answers soon, as I am doing this next Thursday--before I run out of courage!
    • 1195 posts
    October 30, 2008 6:36 PM GMT
    db - you gotta work on that online name.
    Hey! We're happy to help - probably give you more help than you thought you'd get.
    Here are two suggestions:
    1. I'll assume you are having a professional photographer take your picture. If I'm correct than ask the photographer if he or she can recommend a make-up artist.
    2. I googled beauty schools near you - found about five within driving distance. I chose the beauty schools just in case your buget for this project is stretched. Give them a call - talk to an instructor - they usually are looking for practice subjects.
    Since you know we're trannies - when we want a "glamour shot" than we sometime go to a professional make-up artist and get all dolled up. The major cities usually have a make-up artist - Concord probably does. Check it out, girl.
    I'm glad you're putting the child abuse suffering behind you- I came from a very disfuntional family too. You're just getting to the prime of your life - have fun.
    Don't hesitate to ask for help - we're here and would be happy to call you sister- if that's ok?
    hugs
    Gracie
  • d b
    • 2 posts
    October 30, 2008 6:57 PM GMT
    Yeah, the online name I KNOW ,right?

I just didn't know how you all would feel about someone who isn't transvestite coming here to your community. I know that you all have taken way too much grief and thought you might be a bit wary.

The makeup artist dealie is a good idea, but I sometimes have a problem with being touched. Recently, I had a tat done and just got my first manicure ever, just because of the whole "being touched" thing, so I think one thing at a time. The picture is symbolic of how far I have come, and to honor the friend who drew the tat for me.

I have the whole "breastesses" going on here, but not sure what to do with them. Is clear duct tape gonna work, or is that just not a good idea? The dress kinda calls for a very low, longline bra, but I want a little "oomph" in them so that the "puppies" look nice. Any thoughts, anyone?
    • 1195 posts
    October 31, 2008 11:26 PM GMT
    db
    About the boobs - Tape hurts since you have to remove it..eh.
    If you have a bra you've grown out of - that might work to give you more decoletage - cleavage-
    You want to pull the (excuse the expression)fat from under your arms to make your breast fuller. Experiment....
    have fun
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1195 posts
    November 1, 2008 12:19 AM GMT
    Bye the bye
    We'd like to see the pix too.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    November 3, 2008 12:56 AM GMT
    Dawn, I would sugest going to a lingerie shop and having a busitee fitted to you dear. Since these shops cater to women, only a woman would ever be touching you too. Uh for the sake of measuring you're chest. I thought the make up and I would sugest a Mary Kay or Perhaps an Avon rep.
    Now for starters , Mary Kay products have had an affect on some peoples skin/ I love their lipstisk but their skin replenisher was a little harsh on me . For the most part, theres a lot of real nice Avon stuff out there. Being as you're not trans, you actually have the advantage over a lot of us . They will " Make you over in the privacy of you're living room". Here in My neighborhood, there is a Big area manager for Mary Kay. I can ask Anita for a nearby rep in you're area. Next door , I have a Avon Rep. I can try her too, As I said to you in my P M , I really want to help you in any way that I can . Ellen Shaver
  • December 17, 2008 5:14 AM GMT
    I can't help with the tape clevge but what I have done is a bra top (comes Padded) and a push up bra with push pads and a new bra and that creats nice clevage for me. For makeup go to a local shopping mal that has Macy's or dillards make an appointment with one of the makeup counters about an hour and a half before your shoot (if they can get you in) then just tell the makeup artist what kind of a look you want and they can do that look for you and most of them have complementery makeovers. Hope this helps. I'm sorry for what happned to you when you were a kid 3 of my friends were raped when they were kids 1 by the father, and the other two by cousins.
    • 2573 posts
    October 31, 2008 2:51 PM GMT
    d b,
    You will find that we are very empathic here. Since many of our members consider themselves "women", and mentally ARE women, despite chromosomes, we welcome those who come here to lend their support or seeking support. Just consider yourself "one of the girls". Some 'big sisters" will surely help you out as Mary has.

My recommendation is to be sure you understand your natural colors and what clothing colors and makeup will enhance them and which will detract. Your face and body shape also enter here. You treat small and large eyes differently when choosing makeup and techniques, just as you do with lips. As far as enhancing chests.....do "we" know about THAT!

Many of us were also abused in one way or another. There are some real horror stories here. Do not think that we do not understand this issue. I spent decades becoming comfortable with hugs. At one time, if my girlfriend reached out, without warning, to touch my face....I would block it with a martial arts move before I could think. What you have to deal with does take time and trust.

You may find you have more in common with us than you think. We are just people, like you. If most of us were not hiding out most of the time, everyone would know that. Jerry Springer has a lot to answer for since he finds the real, atypical, dysfunctional, TG flakes to put on television. If you don't believe me, sneak into the chat room and yell "shoe sale!!!" sometime. :-D You will find out just how "normal" we are.