Driving

Tags : None
    Well, the price of gasoline here has come down. One station was selling regular unleaded for $1.90 - they sold out.
    Most stations are selling regular a $2.00.
    Any progress in your area?

In case you haven't noticed the price of groceries hasn't come down. Curious!

hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      November 10, 2008 4:34 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Seems to be coming down more everyday.
    Lowest I've seen is $1.96.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      November 10, 2008 6:18 PM GMT
  • I notice the US and Europe has been advertising lots of hybrid engines and economy or low emission cars lately. That is a good turn as long they are practical too. I saw a car the other day with zero emissions but you couldn't use it for a family, it was just a very small town car really.

Nice to see the fuel prices coming down though, they seem to hasve stabalised for Germany, at least around here for the time being.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      November 10, 2008 9:32 PM GMT
  • Mary Grace , because trucks are diesel powered vehicles, they are still paying a high price for "Distillates". The countries or China and India are both very dependent on the world supply of Diesel as we speak. Since the Greenie Weenies here in the States have seen fit to stifle the enlargement of existing refining capacity here , we can not refine any more product than what is currently being supplied. Now ,if for some reason the refinery I have personaly been told about were to bebuilt in west Phoenix Arizona, well prices would certainly fall. Ellen S.
    Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      November 10, 2008 9:39 PM GMT
  • and we're happy that it's dropped from £1.10 per litre to 95p per litre,
    ...which is about £5.00 per gallon down to £4.31 per gallon,
    ...which is about $7.70 down to $6.75 per gallon

but then we're a smaller country, so hopefully our average drive is about a quarter of yours in america.

November 10, 2008 9:49 PM GMT
  • Gas prices are around $2.00 per gallon in Georgia right now. Anne, looking at statistics online it appears the average driver in the U.S. drives about the same km per year as someone in the U.K. Approximately 18-20000 km. In the U.S. the majority of the population lives near larger cities so commutes are maybe long because of congestion, but no distance. Of course there are exceptions to everything.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      November 10, 2008 11:59 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Ellen the Marathon refinery in Detriot is expanding.
    But there are those that don't want it to saying it will put off more pollution.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      November 11, 2008 12:50 AM GMT
  • Ouch!....
    Here in San Francisco a gallon of gasoline is around $3.25-$3.40 usd.

November 11, 2008 8:05 AM GMT
    Michelle - California gets ripped off (as usual). In 1972 during the fake shortage the tankers were backed up in the bay and the same thing was happening in San Pedro. "Come the revolution" -

Diesel here is running just over $2.00 - the city buses(here) are running on biofuel. Someone told me they're using used fast food grease- but I haven't detected any fried food smell(?).

Nikki - I read that Russia and Germany(maybe) were switching to CNG (compressed natural gas) and opening fueling stations. Is that happening in your area? The city of Austin TX switched all of its vehicles to CNG about 5 years ago. The buses in Fort Worth run on CNG too.
    The US is loaded with natural gas (the human kind too).
    hugs
    Gracie
      November 12, 2008 6:45 PM GMT
  • YES!!! One week later and $2.39 is the price.... YES!!!
      November 13, 2008 8:26 PM GMT
  • I haven't come across that as yet Mary although LPG is very much on the increase here.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      November 14, 2008 2:18 PM GMT
  • Well girls, here in Ohio in the Capitol City gas is $1.79 a gallon!!!! I never thought I'd see the day that it would be under $2.00 ever again! It's a nice gift right before the holidays - lets hope it stays down at least until after the new year!!

November 15, 2008 1:16 AM GMT
    I saw $1.83.9 at a shell station this morning. The independents are selling for less - go figure?
    Gracie
      November 17, 2008 3:44 PM GMT
  • Last I swa south of St.Louis it was around $2.48
      December 17, 2008 5:06 AM GMT
    Sorry Samantha - the independents are selling gas at $1.50
    Gracie
      December 17, 2008 8:20 PM GMT
  • We had been especially lucky here, some of the lowest prices in the country. I paid $1.27 on Monday but that may have been it.

Tuesday prices jumped 12 cents to 1.39.

I find it suspicious to have happened the night before our first significant snowstorm, but the "official" reason is wholesale prices have jumped up over 20 cents a gallon in the past several days. Looks like we're in for an upward climb again, darn!
      December 18, 2008 3:21 AM GMT
  • 1.76 here in San Francisco bay area is lowest price
      December 18, 2008 8:46 PM GMT