Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Hello, it's me again...

Hello, it's me again...

Tags : None
  • Ladies--

I've not been around much of late. This is because:

1. I'm working two part time jobs;

2. I've just gotten back from a week in Hawai'i (and trust me--I would have stayed there if I had found work...!) and

3. My computer is dying. Literally. I'm lucky to be on at all right now, frankly. My trusty Dell is dying a slow, painful and somewhat heat-related death that is causing the screen to pixilate at odd times, the pointer to develop a mind of it's own, and more frequently, blue screens with nothing on them which then requires a hard reboot which mostly works. (Sometimes it doesn't.)

All this means until I get my new computer, I'm gonna be somewhat pre-menstrual here...you know, a little spotty. Same for my e-mail.

By the way...my next computer's gonna be a MacBook. Which means my website might have to be totally redone as well. So all you Mac users out there, let me know what you like and what you don't.

Luv 'n hugs to you all,

Mina

Living as the woman I am!
      November 13, 2008 7:24 PM GMT
  • Hi Minako-

It's nice to hear from you. I hope everything works out okay. Wishing you the best.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      November 14, 2008 1:20 AM GMT
  • Hi MIna,
    1st of all welcome back!!!!! As for MAC use..

My house is home to a mix of systems, as I'm in the industry. I have 2 PC's running XP and Vista, a X86 w Linux and 3 macs. The macs get the most use lately, in that they run Apples OSX as well as dual boot to the Windows environments when needed. That gives me the ability on my MacPro laptop to use whatever SW I want, without the need to be too concerned about the technical OS. I guess that qualifies me as a TRANS-COMPUTER user.

Depending upon your needs , the base macbook is good for most things, but it has a slower graphics processor. That graphics chip is ok for everything except 3D games.

The MACBOOK PRO however, has very fast graphics chips, main processors, in addition to options for faster disk drives. This makes high bandwidth requirements such as recording music direct to disk , 3d graphics for games and running multiple operating systems when needed. In fact it runs much of my Windows sw faster than my native PC's.

As far as basic stuff such as word processing, excel, etc... the files created go back and forth between both environments w/o any problems.

Good luck on your purchase.

Hugz from a sister,
    MichelleLynn

November 15, 2008 1:11 AM GMT