What's new

Tags : None
    There must be something happening across the US we should know about.
    US' ers will notice that the UK contingent have parties - shopping trips and what appears to be good times - while in the US we just sit at home and save our money so we can go to the UK - it'll be our luck that when we get there they'll be too tired to party.
    hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      December 11, 2008 3:26 PM GMT
  • You are comparing apples to oranges Mary. Your state of Texas is more than 2.5 times larger than the UK. Also you need to factor in they breed trannies like bunnies overthere. It would not be a big deal for someone to maybe travel from Houston to Dallas for a weekend outing, but to think I could make the trip from Savannah, GA to Dallas is obviously unrealistic. There are various TG conventions or get togethers around our country that far outnumber the crowds Sparkle gets. A U.S. group called Pink Essense has various regions across the country that even do stuff like annual cruise ship trips. TW works out really good as a central communication point for the UK gals because they are more like neighbors. The U.S. members at TW are spread out more like bird shot. I don't want to suggest you leave TW to find a more regional group, but instead maybe find a regional group and direct them to TW.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      December 11, 2008 4:13 PM GMT
    just doing my job - but thanks Marsha - at least I know you read my thread.
    hugs
    Gracie
      December 12, 2008 7:19 PM GMT
  • And you are doing a very fine job Mary.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      December 12, 2008 10:00 PM GMT
  • The geography is against a lot of the US girls simply because of the size of your country. Imagine a TW get together in Dallas, how far would the east and west coast girls have to travel. That's before you even consider the cost of getting there and back and accomodation.

I don't think that there are necessarily more TG girls in the UK, but given the small size of the country, it's much easier to find somewhere within a couple of hours drive or train ride away.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      December 15, 2008 3:29 PM GMT
    Nikki and Marsha
    I agree this country is too big to compare with the UK.
    Unfortunately, there was a "get together planned in Houston this past summer but it fell apart. I never heard whether it was ignorance or appathy (the "I don't know and I don't care syndrome).
    I do belong to a CD group which meets monthly - it's in Fort Worth which is about an hour and a half north of here. It's a good group - social and educational - but getting out on the town is a problem. This is "red neck" country.
    The groups in Dallas are more protected, luckily there is a section where every sort of TG is accepted....and police protected.
    I'm sure it's the same story anywhere - know where you're going and who you'll be with. (Sounds like my mother's advice.)
    There is a lively bunch in Austin - about one to to hours south - they meet monthly but I haven't had the opportunity to visit with them.
    I might start posting any events that I hear about. Maybe that will stir the pot some.
    hugs
    Gracie
      December 15, 2008 8:29 PM GMT