She's the boss

Tags : None
  • Over time, many of us have commented on the idea of the woman within each of us. One of the drawbacks to that (as well as one of the benefits) is that she's always there.

Here's what I mean. This morning, I set out in guy mode to do a guy sort of thing: go to the hardware store to get a couple of tools needed for a project. On the way, without even planning to do so, I pulled into Target. 45 minutes later, I walk out with a new skirt, dressy trousers, mascara, two pairs of stockings, and a few other things. (Target's discount racks are a magnet. The skirt, a cute knee length black A-line number cost $5 US!) Anyway, I got in the car, came home, tried everything on in the mirror, then went to work.

I never made the hardware store.

Who's in charge here?

This is the only place I can tell THAT story!
      December 12, 2008 7:25 PM GMT
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....................I am trying to see the downside to that story!
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      December 12, 2008 11:24 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Sounds like a great day to me.
    The hardware store ain't going anywhere.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      December 13, 2008 12:16 AM GMT
  • Hi Emily,

That was a great day! Now going to the HW store to get stuff to reorganize your closet to hold more shoes and dresses. That is a pursuit Emily would approve of!!
    He...He..

MichelleLynn

December 14, 2008 12:51 AM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Glad you had a good trip. One thing you said though...

"One of the drawbacks to that (as well as one of the benefits) is that she's always there"

...struck a real chord with me!

She is always there, 24/7.

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      December 14, 2008 11:54 PM GMT
  • Hi Emily-

I agree with your statement and Katie's comment on it. Yes, "she" is always there and I, for one, am glad for it.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      December 15, 2008 3:58 AM GMT
  • hi ya Emily, yup the to do list keeps getting longer an longer,the closet gets tighter an tighter.Katie gots it wright 24/7.... huggs Jenn.
    just being me !!
      December 16, 2008 1:06 AM GMT