Shoes

• 1912 posts
    December 29, 2008 6:35 PM GMT
    I have been wanting some new athletic shoes and with my larger feet it is not always easy to find women's larger sizes in the stores here. I had been given some online store names but the prices seemed somewhat high to me so I have been reluctant to buy anything. Add to that I worry whether or not it will fit and if it doesn't how much will that cost to deal with.

Today I stumbled across what appears to be a great shoe store. I found out about it on Pricegrabber.com and it is a highly rated business. Better yet when I got to the site, they had a 15% off sale with and additional 15% off through the end of the year. They have free shipping and free exchange with a 90-day unconditional refund guarantee. So my New Balance WX622WP that are normally $65 are only costing me $46.

The store is called Onlineshoes.com http://www.onlineshoes.com/

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • December 29, 2008 10:15 PM GMT
    I don't know what size you need, but Payless Shoes carries up to women's 13s, and some are very inexpensive--the store has sales constantly. And if you order on line and have delivery to one of their stores, delivery is free. (And for those of us in need of, uh, discretion, it's a great way to get them. I'm not sure they believe I'm picking up for a woman who wears a size 12, but who cares?)
    • 1912 posts
    December 29, 2008 10:56 PM GMT
    Emily, I have bought a number of pair of shoes from Payless and for the most part they have been great. I think Payless shoes are best for the occassional shoe, not an everyday shoe. I also have a preference for leather when it comes to athletic shoes. So for name brand shoes I was pretty impressed with this place. But definitely thanks for bringing up Payless because they really do have affordable shoes for every gal's closet.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    December 30, 2008 3:27 AM GMT
    here is a good link to a coversion page, scroll down about half the page. Your UK men's 11 would be a U.S. women's 13

http://www.i18nguy.com/l1[...]l#adult

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 9 posts
    October 3, 2009 3:34 AM BST
    Shoes seem to be one of the hardest things for a girl to come by. If you are lucky enough to find them, they always seem to be overly expensive.

I typically wear a mens 12 or 13, add to that wide feet, so if there is any selection at all, it's rather slim. I've mostly given up finding shoes and socks that fit

Add to that, I'm 6'4", so wearing any sort of heel just makes me that much taller.

I had one pair of heels that wasn't meant for outdoor wear... and ultimately wore out the heal.

My brother-in-law has difficulty in finding shoes in mens sizes with his size 15 feet.
    • 114 posts
    October 3, 2009 12:36 PM BST
    I am not Imelda Marcos, especially not here in KSA, but I dooo love shoes.

Thanks to all who posted such great info!
    • 114 posts
    October 3, 2009 12:45 PM BST
    BTW, thank you, ladies, for posting the link to the size conversion page. While I won't be buying any shoes on my trip to London this month, I likely will be buying some few bits of clothing. The shoe size conversion gives a link to a clothing conversion site. Very cool!
    • 157 posts
    October 3, 2009 2:20 PM BST
    Shoes! oh I love shoes! I buy from Payless often but I do keep an eye out for sales in other stores you never know what might turn up. I am lucky that I can wear a size 10/11 depending on the shoe's sizing. I like JC Penney's here in the USA too, they have reasonable prices and nice shoes. When I first looked at shoe prices on-line I just about choked - I had never dreamed that shoes could cost $400!! holy moly

I do like my heels but my everyday shoes are from the women's section too.

Hugs and Kisses Jeri
    • 157 posts
    October 8, 2009 12:16 AM BST
    Melody

Sometimes I thing that stairs and heels are mortal enemies that fight at unexpected times. I've done the bum-bounce down the stairs a few times myself. I worry sometimes that my wife will come home to find me in a pile at the bottom of the stairs with a broken ankle and really cute heels.

Jeri
    • 2627 posts
    December 29, 2008 7:45 PM GMT
    Marsha
    I was just looking at shoes not 2min ago. But like you I thought everything I saw was to much $.
    I'll go look there.
    Thank You!
  • December 29, 2008 8:16 PM GMT
    http://www.weloveclothes.[...]k/shoes

or www.darkkitten.com for the more outragous and goth shoes.
    • 734 posts
    December 30, 2008 12:07 AM GMT
    I always get confused with international shoe sizes! What would a UK male size eleven equate to US female size?????

Much love

Rae xx
    • 1980 posts
    December 30, 2008 3:32 AM GMT
    Hi Rae-

Check this out...you have to scroll down down a bit...this will will get you at least close to right size no matter where you are in the world.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l1[...]es.html

To be honest, like most charts and graphs, it confuses the hell out of me. All I know is that I wear a size 10-10-1/2, in mens' and can generally wear a 12 in womens' (US sizes), though I have shoes that are labeled from size 9 to size 14 that all seem to fit about the same. Go figure.

And thank you Marsha Ann and Cristine for the links. And, fwiw, I too love Payless Shoes. The manager of the local store keeps an eye out for me and lets me know if something I am about to buy is going to go on sale soon or gives me discounts on shoes she is planning to ship back. Honestly, if someone is in retail, it's all about the money, they don't care if you are wearing them yourself or whatever. But I do know the need for discretion as well.

Hugs...Joni Marie

And thank you
    • 1980 posts
    December 30, 2008 3:36 AM GMT
    OMG...Marsha Ann-

That is so funny. We posted in minutes of each other.

Hugs...Joni Marie

• 2017 posts
    December 30, 2008 12:01 PM GMT
    Shoes seem to be one of the hardest things for a girl to come by. If you are lucky enough to find them, they always seem to be overly expensive. I used to work with a GG who was about 6'2" and she had so much trouble trying to find anything, and that's without the need for any discretion on her part.
    I'm very lucky in being blessed with small enough feet to wear regular women's sizes that I can find in every shoe store.

Nikki
    • 2627 posts
    December 30, 2008 2:49 PM GMT
    Nikki
    I knew there had to be at least one thing about you I didn't like.
    I have to get a 12W & they only sometimes fit. And since breaking my toe last summer I can't wear anything bigger than a 1in heel.
    • 2017 posts
    January 2, 2009 9:22 AM GMT
    Ouch! Karen, that's no fun, being limited to one inch heels. On the other hand my friend is limited to flats because of her height but she always looks fabulous.

I guess the toe is still giving you problems then?

Nikki
    • 1017 posts
    October 7, 2009 9:35 PM BST
    Hi Girls,

Shoes, gotta love 'em but....

I usually buy shoes/boots with 2.75" to 3.25" heels since I'm 6' in stocking feet and I don't need any more height.

Online (sexyshoes.com, I think) I saw a pair of red patent (matches my new convertible) pumps with an ankle strap and 4" gold stiletto heals and I had to have them. So sexy and sooo cute! And they were available in my size: US12 (I wear a men's US10.5.)

The day the UPS guy delivered them I had to try them on right away. I'd been having a nice steak with my favorite Merlot to wash it down. I went upstairs and dressed up in my finest sexy outfit and put on my new shoes. And they fit!

After spending forever checking myself out in the full length bedroom mirror I decided to to go downstairs for another glass of wine. Funny how much an additional 3/4" of heel can affect your balance. I started down the stairs.

Suddenly I was airborne and came to a rough landing. I don't know how but I was on my back, head pointing toward the landing below and legs spread (in a very unladylike position) aimed upward the top step.

Luckily my stairs are carpet covered and I didn't suffer any real injury, but my back from my shoulders to my upper thigh were covered with deep purple "tiger stripes" for a week. The bruises are mostly gone now and it only hurts when I cough or laugh, LOL -OUCH!

Best,
    Melody

• January 3, 2012 1:41 AM GMT

i love this site for my shoes! they only go up to an 8 and i'm a 7 so lucky in that respect but if u r also as lucky this site has some gorg shoes and sandals at really good prices for the styles!

www.modatoi.co.uk

Abi x

This post was edited by Former Member at January 3, 2012 1:41 AM GMT
    • 5 posts
    March 26, 2012 3:47 PM BST
    I spent ages in search for a pair of Darcie boots! I'm size 10(uk). I got a pair in a size 9 in the end on Amazon. It's so annoying, there is so many awesome lady shoes out there - I might have to chop my toes off
  • May 24, 2012 12:15 AM BST

Has anyone in the UK tried the shoes from http://www.louloushoes.co.uk/ ? They seem to have some reasonable styles. I wondered if anyone had tried them. I'm size 10 (44 European) and also quite wide. I did get some stuff from a CD place once but the quality is quite low. Lou Lou seems to be more quality with leather high heels. I'm not affiliated with them, just seeking opinions. Any thoughts?

This post was edited by Rachael Jane Robinson at May 24, 2012 12:17 AM BST
  • September 21, 2012 6:46 PM BST

I discovered this site, www.bananashoes.com and now I mostly buy my shoes there, 1 because they have my size and 2 because I don't have to try the shoes on in public (I know, I just feel more comfortable that way). Keep in mind they are more for sexy shoes but they also have some low heel options and very nice boots.

This post was edited by Former Member at September 21, 2012 6:50 PM BST
    • 2 posts
    January 25, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
    For excellent quality footwear up to size 8 try everything5pounds.com. Lots of gorgeous clothes also.
    • 30 posts
    February 17, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
    If you need a size ( like me then the Newlook online shop is excellent value have several pairs of heels, shoes and boots from them they are comfortable and durable.. Also the Big shoe boutique I got some gorgeous heels and I think that shop goes up to a 10 or even 11.
    • 30 posts
    February 17, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
    sorry that should read size 9 lol
    • 376 posts
    February 18, 2013 11:18 AM GMT

Comment deleted by myself.

This post was edited by Former Member at February 21, 2013 2:19 PM GMT
    • 2 posts
    April 9, 2013 4:48 AM BST

I am fortunate to be able to wear woman's 10-11 and have found fantastic buys at Penny's and occasionally Target. My legs are my best feature--you do not want to see the rest.y

• 2 posts
    April 9, 2013 4:52 AM BST
    These were Penny's--$7.00!!!! For some reason they arecomfortable and I can walk fairly well in them.
    • 34 posts
    April 13, 2013 5:34 PM BST
    They do look good!
    • 35 posts
    August 24, 2014 9:14 AM BST
    I have bought size 13W several times from Shoebuy.com. The prices and selection are good, and the shipping is free, even if you have to return them.
    • 7 posts
    December 16, 2014 12:53 PM GMT

i love my shoes and so wish i could walk in my killer heels

I also think my legs are my best feature seen as how i am a size 20/22 in clothing

• 34 posts
    December 16, 2014 10:18 PM GMT
    Stilettos & wooden floors??? Brave!