FORGET ABOOUT RESOLUTIONS

• 1195 posts
    December 30, 2008 3:11 PM GMT
    This year I've decided not to make any resolutions (which are quickly forgotten). I'm going to try to make "plans" for 2009.
    1. lose some more weight. (I want to look svelt)
    2. stay healthy.(Don't need to see doctors)
    3. slow up drinking Irish Whiskey.(I think I'm losing brain cells)
    4. stop smoking cigars.(Have to remember I'm alergic to tobacco)
    5. try (really hard) to keep my mouth shut. (I offend people, sometimes)
    6. make more jewelry for me. (Does that sound selfish?)
    7. paint more oil paintings. (For some reason they sell)
    8. try to practice numbers 1 through 7.
    9. don't make plans or commitments I can't keep.

Has anyone made plans for '09 yet?

hugs and kisses
    Gracie
    • 871 posts
    December 30, 2008 7:19 PM GMT
    Hiya Mary,

I have to say every new years resolution I have made in the past I have broken and I am sure many can relate to that! However, I think I have found the solution. Several weeks ago I decided that I could no longer cope presenting as a man so I bit the bullet and wrote letters to all my customers saying I will be Penny from 1st Jan 09. My new years resolution is to never present as a man again! lol. I have a feeling this is one new years resolution I am going to keep!

I cant help the gloating or the big smile on my face either!

Penny
    xxx
    • 1912 posts
    December 30, 2008 10:17 PM GMT
    I think I will just be thankful for what I already have; my wife, family, health, friends, business and so much more. I don't have many plans for 2009, mainly just getting my name legally changed, otherwise I will use the year to get all my ducks in a row.

After a difficult year in 2007 with the passing of my mother and rebuilding of my marriage, 2008 was an incredible year for me. I made unbelieveable progress in my transition and so much of that is because of the support and confidence I have received from my wife. We talk about it often here and self-confidence is by far the most important part of transition. Breaking the invisible barrier we call fear that prevents us from being our true selves. By circling myself with family, friends and a great medical team, my dream has become reality. Two years ago I would have said maybe in 5 years when all the kids are out the door I might be able to go fulltime. Now I find myself already living fulltime and will take care of the name change in upcoming months. I don't think transition ever ends, there will always be new things to experience. So I think for 2009, I will just be thankful for what I have accomplished already.

Thank you to my friends at TW who have helped me. I wish all of you a happy new year.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1195 posts
    December 31, 2008 3:10 PM GMT
    Penny - Great move - hugs and kisses and all that
    Gracie
    • 2017 posts
    December 30, 2008 8:36 PM GMT
    Best wishes with that Penny, I hope it is a smooth transition for you.

Nikki
    • 2068 posts
    December 30, 2008 10:34 PM GMT
    Mary... maybe you should try a single malt SCOTCH whisky, far better than the irish.....lol

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie