Want to be in a band at sparkle?

• 871 posts
    January 2, 2009 11:41 PM GMT
    Hiya,
    We have been discussing about getting a transgendered band together and playing a 30 min set at sparkle.

We kinda have a set list of 6 songs to learn by June.
    We already have 3 guitarists and lead singer.
    We have someone who is prepared to be a bassist but she is more of a guitarist.

We are primarily looking for a drummer.

We will entertain any ideas and I think, the more the merrier it will be! lol

We just plan to bang out a few numbers to celebrate being transgendered at sparkle! lol

You must be prepared to sort yourself out going to sparkle and organise your own instrument and transport etc - im sure we will discuss any logistics and get everything sorted out.

We will have a website where the set list is published, downloadable mp3 with tab and stuff so everyone can learn the songs.

We plan to have a meetup and rehersal before sparkle, this will most likely co-incide with a PPs weekend in milton keynes, so you would be expected to go to that as well.

We also have an idea where everyone records their contribution, digitally on to their PC, email it to us and send everyones recording off to a studio where it will get digitally mastered and we will release a CD in time for Sparkle. I duno what will come of the CD but at this stage I am thinking if any profits are made then they will be donated to a worthy charity.

I am hoping to confirm a minimum line up before end of January where I will approach the organisers of Sparkle and get a 30 min slot for our performance!

Either post here your interest or PM me. Lets make it work girls!

luv penny x

• 734 posts
    January 3, 2009 1:37 AM GMT
    Hi Penny,

I'm a little intrigued by your CD project. I'm afraid PM's don't work for me - I think it must be personal! I can't promise anything at this stage - I know we have a big project for the BBC and national press starting at the beginning of April for three months. Nothing like being vague in offering help! [Rae all over...] But feel free to mail me at my work addy: [email protected] and maybe we can chat over thoughts.

Much love

Rae x