Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Facial feminisation

Facial feminisation

Tags : None
  • Hi all. I just wanted to ask how long it takes before my face would start to become more feminine? I've just got a big fear of looking like a man with breasts, which is totally not what I want!
    Thanks in advance
    Chris
      March 23, 2008 12:49 PM GMT
  • Chris, your face will never 'become' more feminine, you have to get some serious surgery on it in order to acheive that. Depending on how you look now, be prepared to spend between $10,000 - $20,000. It isn't cheap but for some of us it isn't really an option not to have it either. Obviousy you don't need it all done in one go, (which would work out cheaper), if you can afford it, great, but you may need to have a number of visits to acheive your goals.

As for results, you would see an improvement within a few weeks after surgery once the swelling and bruising has gone down, however, the finished result may not be apparant for up to twelve months.

Best of luck.

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 23, 2008 2:34 PM GMT
  • Chris,
    Although your profile says you are a TV/CD, I will assume you are talking about how long it will take on hormones for your face to change. The most you can expect hormones to do to your face is MAYBE add a little more fat which MIGHT round the face out a little, NOTHING ELSE. The first thing you should do is eliminate your facial hair with Laser treatments and/or Electrolysis treatments. Please note I said treatments, not treatment, and you can expect those treatments to be costly.

Nikki was quite right about FFS being expensive. Depending on how much money you can afford to spend, surgeons can do ALMOST anything.

The most important thing you can do right now for your face is deep clean on a regular basis, moisturize and use sunscreen daily.

Love,
    Marsha
      March 23, 2008 3:22 PM GMT
    Marsha's right Chris. there are no quick fixes and one of the most feminising things that you can do is start to remove your facial hair. This will soften the face and make it look much more feminine.
    Be careful what removal method you use though. Laser\IPL can be a quick fix but their resuts are rarely permanent. Elecrloysis on the other hand is a long and painfull process. I have been having electrolysis evry week now for around 18 months and the beard is still a long way from being cleared.

March 31, 2008 11:25 PM BST
  • The only thing hormones definitely WILL do is,in the course of time,chemically castrate you.

All the other changes:breast development,skin change,fat displacement,changes to body hair etc etc etc,are only MAYBEs and will vary from individual to individual.

As Susan T. says,get to grips with your facial hair- best of all before any hormone therapy gets too serious.Believe me,hormone therapy can make removal of facial hair very difficult.

Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      April 2, 2008 7:19 PM BST
  • I would like to add something about laser/IPL here. The newer systems are much improved over the old ones and despite popular belief, they can even target blond or grey hair now. It true to say that they are not classified as permenant hair removals systems, but a year after starting a course of treatments, I would say this isn't necessarily true any more. Every area I have had IPL on has had no regrowth, and believe me I had just about the worse shadow anyone could have. Of course the effectiveness varies from person to person but generally, the results are very satisfying.

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      April 2, 2008 8:44 PM BST
  • ....and to expand a little.........
    Any changes that may take place to the face will almost certainly be of a fairly subtle nature- so subtle that,since you're accustomed to seeing it leering back at you from numerous mirrors in the course of a day,you may not even be aware of them.Friends and relatives,however,who only see you infrequently,may well be aware of any changes in this area.It's also debatable as to how far any facial changes are directly attributable to hormone therapy.One side effect of hormones which is occasionally reported is sudden ravenous hunger,so that,in raiding the fridge to satisfy this,the eventual increase in weight may well result in your face filling out.But even here,everyone has a different metabolism so that,yet again,any changes may be extremely subtle.It may well be so that changes,whatever their cause,may only become apparent through cosmetic means such as beard removal,trimming eyebrows,or a new hairstyle.
    In short,Shrek to Scarlett Johansson is only for dreamers!(and extremely vivid dreams at that!)

Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      April 3, 2008 8:24 PM BST

... so hormones are another thing that can give you 'the munchies' ...!

Much love

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      April 3, 2008 11:13 PM BST
  • ...........of course,what you could do would be to photograph your face at regular intervals,say every two months.Then,if you lay out the pictures side by side,you should be able to see whether or not the hormones are actually working on your face.

lol
    Lynn H.

April 18, 2008 1:50 PM BST
  • I have to disagree with you on this one Anne. As Lynn said in her post right before yours, if you lay two pictures, before and after hormones, out next to each other you will know if hormones had any effect. I have done exactly that and the difference is rather shocking. I have also grown my hair, pierced my ears, and have had laser so of course there is that as well. But the big difference is in the fullness of the face, much smoother and rounded.

Just like for breast augmentation, my personal belief is you should wait a couple years after being on hormones before you have any feminization surgeries performed. You don't want to have the surgeries and then have physical changes that disrupt the surgical results.

Marsha

April 18, 2008 4:43 PM BST
  • Without being on hormones, I can't say, but I have always taken care of my face and my skin in general, and have always maintained a healthy lifestyle and kept myself fit. Those elements can make all the difference to your skin and your appearance in general, particularly if like me, you have already celebrated your 18th birthday twice!!

And then some................lol

Nikki
      April 18, 2008 7:27 PM BST
  • I say its the hormones that changes the face but it is a very slow process.
    IPL definitely works on my face hair except the white ones on the sides of the chin.

Like everything with us it all depends on the individual
      April 18, 2008 8:27 PM BST