Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » Chest/Body Hair Removal

Chest/Body Hair Removal

Tags : None
  • Heyyyy

Ive been upper body and lower body waxed three times now and I have about 20 ingrown hairs that have come and gone. But now all thats left is a dark dotted scar from the ingrown hair. Im scared if I get waxed again it will just increase the number of scars that I will get.

I absolutely HATE body hair and need it gone but are these scars going to be permanant??? How do I get them away?? If they are going to be there forever i might as well kill myself. It looks HORRIBLE
      January 19, 2009 5:54 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Hi Jonna!
    If waxing is causing so many ingrown hairs I'd stick with creams or razors.
    In the long run lazar or electro is best anyway,(if you want it to be permanent)
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 19, 2009 10:11 AM GMT
  • Karen, Everyone,

Has laser removal gotten better than, I mean, the last time I checked and this has been a few years ago. Laser removal wasn't as good as electrolysis. Would love to hear that it has as I will look into it again. OP I know how hard it is I get ingrowen hairs from shaving, but I know what little marks I have that resulted do go away, but I would agree with Karen about electrolysis and laser.

Michelle
      January 19, 2009 12:28 PM GMT
  • Hi Jonna, I got mine lasered, it took about four sessions to get rid of it all and was well worth it. I highly recommend it.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      January 19, 2009 12:36 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    I've had one lazer treatment so far. There will be 6 total with a 2yr guarantee after the last one.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 19, 2009 1:08 PM GMT
    Michelle yes the lazers have changed. They are much better than the y were a few years ago.
    hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      January 19, 2009 3:59 PM GMT
  • isnt it expensive though? the lazar?
      January 19, 2009 11:27 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Well it's not cheep.
    But I have a year to pay it off.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 20, 2009 12:43 AM GMT
  • Laser isn't cheap no, but you can usually come to some arrangement and break up the payments. It's worth it in my opinion because it means no more shaving, that's definately worth paying for! Not to mention how much smoother your skin feels because no more hair is growing. I think it's an absolute must if you are going to show a cleavage of any sort.

Plus, you feel so much better mentally because of the the treatment.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      January 20, 2009 1:13 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Well my beard is so dark that evan after shaving you can see the color below the skin.
    To cover it I'd need a cement mixer & a trowel.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 20, 2009 2:30 PM GMT
  • Mine was exactly the same Karen, which is why I had to go for laser. I used to make Indiana Jones look clean shaven!

Nikki
      January 20, 2009 7:30 PM GMT
  • Hi Jonna-

I am so with you girl, body hair makes me want to retch. I hate it. For what it's worth, I have done laser and electrolysis both, not on my bod but on my face. For my money, electrolysis is the way to go for permanent removal. I can't remember what I paid for the laser treatments, but the electrolysis was $40 for a one hour treatment every two weeks. I mostly financed it by cutting out my stop at a coffe stand every day.

Right now, money being tight and all, I just shave all over everyday. Fortunately for me, I am naturally not very overgrown. But I would dearly love to have it all permanently done away with.

If you want your body totally hair free, then over the long run it will cost you a considerable sum of money and take probably a couple of years. But to me it would be worth it. Like anything else, if you want it badly enough you will find a way to do it. Good luck, girl. Btw, you're a doll.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      January 27, 2009 4:50 PM GMT