Duh!

• 1195 posts
    February 4, 2009 2:29 PM GMT
    This must be the month of enlightenment.

Why do Walmart shopping carts all have square wheels?

To keep the wind from blowing them around the parking lot.

hugs
    Gracie

PS for those who don't have "Wally World" - Walmart is a chain of super markets.

• 1195 posts
    February 4, 2009 4:34 PM GMT
    Nikki - I know what you mean. I got one that wanted to steer off to one side. I like the ones with the front wheel that acts "nervous" and wobbles continuosly.
    One store has these little carts that make you feel as if you're pushing a toy baby carriage - it's embarrassing.
    Walmart has these "greeters" - they welcome you and give you a cart to push. I was given a cart that definitely had flat wheels - I gave it back and told the greeter to put it out of its misery.
    See! Shopping can be fun.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 404 posts
    February 4, 2009 7:26 PM GMT
    .........nice one,Christine,nice one...........could explain why I keep veering over to the bargain racks outside the boutiques and second-hand shops!

ciao

Lynn H.
    • 1912 posts
    February 4, 2009 8:18 PM GMT
    Wow, this has truely been enlightening. Here in the south we call those things "buggies". I always thought they were mobile homes for the bums.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • February 5, 2009 1:56 AM GMT
    Shopping Carts and Shoe Stores or women clothing stores..... dangerous combination!!

A "Shopping Safety" luckily exists... its called a credit card limit....lol

Otherwise I would fill up the cart w assorted cute shoes, matching purse, outfits, etc...

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

• 1195 posts
    February 5, 2009 2:52 PM GMT
    Oh, Oh! Michelle you mentioned "credit card limit" - scary.
    I have a "checking card"- instead of writing a check, I use this card which takes money out of the checking account. I had a "moment" the other day when the checkout clerk told me the card wouldn't work. I had to use a "credit card " instead. When I got home I checked my account -oops. Got to watch that from now on - can't spend what isn't there.
    I "m really starting to question myself "Do you really, really need that?"
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 22 posts
    February 8, 2009 3:11 AM GMT
    Hi ya gracie
    Down here in FL.we grind the wheels flat so the snowbirds dont race in the stores..lol.
    An oh yes thoes evil credit cards.I try an keep mine paid off ,but I see some stores are offering deferred billing.
    A girl dosent have a chance any more..lol..
    Huggs Jenn.
    • 1083 posts
    February 19, 2009 4:50 PM GMT
    **giggles**

At least you can find shopping carts at your Wal-Mart. Last time I went, all I could get was a handbasket.

I won't tell you what came to mind--the software might not allow the reference about where I felt I was headed with said handbasket--so instead...well, Dorothy has nothing on me!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • April 10, 2009 7:11 PM BST
    Ok the square wheel on wal-mart shoping carts 1. The stupid cart men drad the wheels across the ground so they (the wheels) get flat spots on them. and as for them going in diffrend direction its called caster. Think of it this way when you take you car to the shop for an alignment they check 3 things camber (how far your tires lean in or out) Toe ( how your tire sits eather the bottom points in or out) next is Caster (wich is how strait your front wheels are with the back and if they are not in perfict line with each other then that will cause you back to kick out to one side or the other [generaly speeking]). I hope this helps all of my laddy frinds out there If I made a mistake please corect me.
    • 1195 posts
    April 16, 2009 3:31 PM BST
    Samantha
    Thank you for the clarification and tech terms of why we get crazy over kantankerous shopping carts.
    I once asked the greeter at Walmart "Who do I talk to to get the concession of squaring the wheels?"
    Naturally, I received a rather bewildered look.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2017 posts
    February 4, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
    Why do I always pick the shopping cart with one wheel that wants to go in a completely opposite direction to the other three?

Nikki
  • February 4, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
    Shopping trolleys are basically like most trannies lol, they know where they want to go and have a mind of their own.
    Your intent on heading for the fruit and veg, the trolley wants the knicker aisle