hi new 23

• 15 posts
    February 16, 2009 12:16 AM GMT
    hi everyone , im 23 and ive always nown ive been a girl inside never no confusion about it. But ive never dressed up yet as dont know how to go about it. id like to speak to more peops in my situation thanks xxxx
    • 15 posts
    February 18, 2009 1:49 AM GMT
    hi nikki, thanks for replying. Ive sorta got me own style in my mind, its the step of putting it into reality. Im hoping to one day live my life as the woman i feel inside permantly but im a long way from that step now. I think meeting up with others similar to me but with more experience maybe will help. Ive havnt worn girls clothing sinse a small child, but ive always managed to some how bring out my feminity in clothing, almost like unisex at times. I know ive got a long way to go, and dont know any one in my position ( that i know of!), but this site has made be feel beter and a lil bit more at ease. xxx
  • October 19, 2009 3:26 AM BST
    Hey Leigh!

I understand your position entirely; just at the beginning of this year, I owned nothing of my own, and just dealt with the overwhelming desire to dress as a woman by imagining myself in various items of clothing. My girlfriend, however, has encouraged me to new heights, and I now own two skirts, a pair of heels, a pair of tights and two blouses. It really helps to have someone physical to confide in, but this website should also be a great resource. I would recommend by seeing what sorts of outfits you like, and what you feel would compliment your figure the most. Also, I have always purchased my items at thrift stores, as most of what you see is the same as you would find in a department store. This gives you the fiscal ability to experiment without going out too far on a limb for anyone article of clothing.

I would love to hear more from you in the future! Stay in touch.

Stan
    • 2017 posts
    February 16, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
    Hi Leigh, welcome to TW. As far as answering your question, you have to wear what you are comfotable with. I would recommend looking around the high street and see what other women are wearing and dress accordingly if you want to blend in. Your own personal taste will come into it of course but until you start experimenting with outfits and colours you don't always know what works for you. What looks good on someone else won't always look equally well on another person. You have to understand your body shape, size and spend some time figuring out what works for you.

Nikki