Why?

• April 10, 2009 7:27 PM BST
    Hi All,

1st of all WELCOME BACK Tiina!!!! Your discussions in the past have been very interesting
    and I wondered where you had gone.

Getting Something Started -

As for the site 2.0 stuff and upgrades, I suspect that funding to accomplish upgrades could help.
    Perhaps a fundraiser to help Katie in her refresh efforts could be started. I for one would contribute $'s.

Also, we have many talented girls here, perhaps contributing some technical talent may be helpful.

Katie, let us know if you want some help, and what form of help would be most useful.

Hugz,

MichelleLynn
    • 89 posts
    April 9, 2009 4:29 PM BST
    Why does almost nothing happen @Trannyweb? Are we too lazy to make things happen? Do we not care of eachother?

I was just wondering. And what could we change to make things happen?
    • 404 posts
    April 9, 2009 6:25 PM BST
    Weeeellll Tiina,

instead of moaning you could try to start something..................

Hejhej

Lynn H.
    • 89 posts
    April 9, 2009 10:39 PM BST
    This should not be a discussion about me. It should be a dscussion about TW. Katie, I have some suggestioms and I am going too tell you about them.
    • 89 posts
    April 10, 2009 1:12 AM BST
    The site should develop into the direction of web 2.0. We would need a fresh lookout but that is not the most important. Some new features aree moree neeeddeed. Such asss the chance to send a tweet. As in Twitter.
    • 89 posts
    April 15, 2009 2:36 AM BST
    You got me absolutely right, Joni. I was not seeking to criticize the management, quite the opposite. My purpose was to call for more member activity (the absence of which from my part during last few days is regrettably caused by ill health). A site is what members make it, the management provides a frame to make up a site.

That said, there are quite a lot of cheap or even free tools available out there in the Great Cyberspace. The problem is obviously how to integrate them into the existing environment. Creative solutions are needed and I am going to give my two cents once I have had a chance to surf around more profoundly in this great place.
    • 2358 posts
    April 9, 2009 7:54 PM BST
    Hiya Tina

I gather from what you said in the chat room, you have been absent from TW for nearly five years and just come back, you suddenly want to change things and see action, it never occured to you to pop in from time to time to show your support and make a contribution. Surely in five years you could have made the effort to put in an odd appearance. I should imagine some of the changes you propose would attract entirely the sort of people we don't want here in TW, the lurkers and cyber sex maniacs.
    Just my opinion, but I know Katie has changes in mind, what they will be time will tell but I am sure she will give consideration to any suggestions made, Bearing in mind costs in the doom and gloom economic climate that reigns at the moment

Hugs Cristine
    • 2627 posts
    April 9, 2009 8:33 PM BST
    Cristine, Tiina has in the past had a very large presence here.
    She was allways friendly, up beat, with a good word & support for everyone.
    She like a lot of others left for reasons of her own. I'm just happy to see her back.
    • 2358 posts
    April 9, 2009 9:06 PM BST
    Karen I'm not trying to demean her sincerity or her efforts in supporting other members, just find it hard, that imediately she comes back she wants or wonders why there is no ACTION Other people are now proposing a webcam service, can you imagine what sort of people that would attract to a site called trannyweb, even if they introduced it and made it as some suggested invitation only, it would still attract the lurkers and pervs like a horde of locusts, sitting on the side waiting to pounce.
    Changes are not always a good thing to just keep up.
    • 2127 posts
    April 9, 2009 9:19 PM BST
    I'm all up for making things happen. Let's do it! But what exactly?

If anyone has any bright ideas, then please let me know.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2627 posts
    April 10, 2009 2:21 PM BST
    Tiina, Katie says she is about to give us a new site.
    A new look, with new features.
    As much as I like what we have I realy am sitting on my hands waiting to see what she has for us.
    • 2127 posts
    April 10, 2009 10:01 PM BST
    It's true that we have been trying to bring the site up to date and we would also seriously like to add a number of new features to make it better and better. However, it always comes down to cold hard cash and we just can't afford to do much right now, although I am introducing a new TG news service this month (look out for our new news scroller on the menu page).

Let me remind everyone who wants to help of my recent "Trouble at mill" thread, here...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]7915920

The two main things we need to do are to get more people to become Full Members by going here...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]2.shtml

Those members who are perhaps a bit better off than most could also help by going here...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]e.shtml

We also need to spread the word about Trannyweb around the web. If you're in the forums or chatroom on another TG site, please give us a mention.

Likewise, if you're talking to the press!

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 2127 posts
    April 11, 2009 12:26 PM BST
    By the way, the Twitter idea is good and one that we have already implemented. If you go to the top of your profile page at:

http://gendersociety.com/[...]ile.cgi

...you'll see an item called, "Your Status". It's not quite the same as Twitter - perhaps more like the What are you doing now feature in Facebook.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1980 posts
    April 11, 2009 11:16 PM BST
    I think some of us may be mistaking the edifice for what goes on in it. Katie may build us the Taj-Mahal of tgirl websites but it won't mean much if no one uses it. If I take Tiina's post correctly, she's not commenting on how TW as such is set up, but why there isn't more going on. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Tiina. My own feeling is that what the site needs is not so much a remodel or a makeover as more participation by everyone whether you're a member or not.

Yes, I have to admit I haven't been as active lately as I might like to be, I have a whole host of excuses, looking for work, having moved, still trying to sell our old house, etc, etc. That still doesn't mean I can't take a few minutes to comment on a post or start a new thread about something of interest. And I have also hung back on some comments I might like to make out of concern that it could potentially cause someone to be upset. No, I'm not advocating responses merely for the sake of causing contention, lord knows we have had plenty of that in the past, but if something you read makes you want to speak up, then by all means, please do so. I know I'm going to from now on.

And if you can do it at all, please join and become a paying member. To use one of the spiels that public radio uses during their fundraising drives, if you cut out one cup of espresso from the local coffee stand each day, you could easily afford to join TW and make a monthly dues payment. Yes, I know we are all strapped with the economy everywhere in the toilet. So if you can't afford to make a regular payment then just contribute what you can as you can. TW cannot exist without us. For you girls...and guys...who absolutely just cannot afford anything, you are still a part of TW and are valued and needed, please participate and make your voices and opinions heard.

As always, Katie, thank you for all you do each and every day that most of are totally unaware of and that keeps TW here for us.

Hugs...Joni Marie