Life in the fast lane

• 1195 posts
    April 16, 2009 3:47 PM BST
    I have trouble on the road, here.
    Maybe it's me, do I attract bad drivers?
    The latest experience, worth talking about, was a male driver in front of me who was on the cell phone.
    Naturally, it was dangerous, he was on the cell phone.
    Recent studies show that a driver can't concentrate on driving and talk on a phone at the same time.
    I was driving cautiously behind this dude when he strarted to use his other hand to emphasise his discussion.
    How he was expecting to control the auto without using his hands is a mistery. to me.
    In order to save my cute little butt, I gave him plenty of room.

Have you seen the bumper sticker "HANG UP AND DRIVE"?
    Of course, if they're in front of you they can't see the message.

hugs
    Gracie
  • April 16, 2009 7:32 PM BST
    Hi Grace

Your not the only one who attracts the crap drivers, over here it is illegal to use the phone whilst driving unless you are using a hands free kit but it still doesn't stop some people....they won't be satisfied until they have killed someone or themselves!! No thought to what will be the consequences!! need I say more.... lol sasha

• April 16, 2009 7:56 PM BST
    worst I ever saw was a woman driver, window wound down, cigarette in one hand, talking into a mobile phone cradled between her ear and her shoulder, and then she pulled into a petrol station - I drove past fulling expecting an explosion

how stupid can some people be?
    • 38 posts
    April 17, 2009 12:11 AM BST
    I watched someone, with a child in the car, try to fuel the car with the ignition on.

I'm sorry, I don't want to be a stat in someone's Darwin Award citation.
    • 1195 posts
    April 17, 2009 7:50 PM BST
    Talia
    You're wonderful. I love the expression "Darwin Award Citation."
    Makes great sense. I read recently "it's unfortunate that they breed and reproduce."
    I don't advocate a planned generation w/o mental defects but I would like to see more safe sex practiced...maybe that would cut down the mentally deficient.
    Of course we'll have to blame it on: (not in any priority order)
    1.brain damage from cell phone
    2. poor diet
    3. poor education
    4. lack of parenting
    5.global warming
    6. the economy
    7.loss of religious values
    8. fast food
    9. drinking problems
    10. mental health
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    July 22, 2009 7:41 PM BST
    Mary, the drives that scare me t absolute most are the ones who are not only on the freakin phone but have a small dog attachedto their shoulder! Yes dear, its all over hrein Virginia . Don't know bout back in Texasbut here , whew.......... Ellen S
    • 1912 posts
    July 22, 2009 9:54 PM BST
    We can top that here in Georgia. Many states have voter registration linked with getting your drivers license. Here in Georgia you can now get your drivers license by registering to vote. So far the only problem is we have all these dead people behind the wheel.
    • 746 posts
    July 23, 2009 2:20 AM BST
    THAT, girl, is funny! I thought it only happened in Chicago!

Traci xxxx
    • 1195 posts
    July 23, 2009 3:21 PM BST
    Sorry Traci Graveyard voters are part of our hisstory. My relatives voted for many years after they departed. My grand-dad was part of the New York City machine back in the early 1900s.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 746 posts
    July 23, 2009 8:10 PM BST
    LOL...just the humor in envisioning 100,000 skeletons lined up outside a polling place...I know my father, as a youth in the 30s, was PAID to get voters signatures from people who weren't even there...so he told me he'd take it to one of his brothers, who in turn, would forge the signatures. Then he would collect!