• 404 posts
    April 17, 2009 8:06 PM BST
    This is for the herbalists amongst us:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/h[...]599.stm

ciao

Lynn
    • 404 posts
    April 20, 2009 4:04 PM BST
    Sorry evberyone-the title of this thread should be 'Spearmint......' [corrected-Wendy Larsen]

Just don't od on the Wrigleys or the Colgate,ok?!

'Does your chewing-gum lose its flavour on the bed-post overnight.......?'

ciao

Lynn
    • 83 posts
    May 4, 2009 5:47 PM BST
    Hmmm, I think I'll check into this a bit more. I had not heard that about Spearmint. The oil contains a bit of d-limonene which can help trigger the self-termination of certain types of cancer cells, hence it's a bit on the anti-cancer side.

If you're looking for something to shut down male hormone production, the best natural one by far is Vitex. That has been known for centuries as Monk's Pepper. Monks would harvest and dry the red berries, then put them in pepper grinders, grinding it over salads and other foods every day. It is said to completely shut down testosterone production, which is what monks like to focus on their order without the distraction of the male sex drive. Vitex is widely available here in the USA, bottled for human consumption at health food stores, and it is also available at veterinary supply shops for equine use. Vitex when used properly by women can balance their hormones, helping to reduce PMS. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitex_agnus-castus for a similar overview and references to more detailed medical articles and research.

Warning -> Do not use Vitex if you are biologically male and still want to keep your libido.

(I first learned of this at an international aromatherapy conference held in Nice in about April of 2000. I have studied aromatherapy in France, which is the use of plant essential oils for medicinal use. USA and British aromatherapists do not use these same oils for medicinal purposes, nor do they use them internally, whereas the French do.)
    • 1652 posts
    April 17, 2009 9:26 PM BST
    Regardless of all suggestion and speculation in that article, mint tea will not help M2F’s with facial hair growth at all, and neither will Spironolactone for that matter.
    There is no such quick fix for our type of facial hair.
    I can see that ending up in the Urban Legends thread you just started, Lynn!
    xx
    • 734 posts
    April 21, 2009 1:02 AM BST
    Thankyou Lynn,

Whilst I hate tea - I quite like Lonnie Donnegan...

:)

Much love

Rae x