Underdressing to the max

• 37 posts
    May 6, 2009 11:44 AM BST
    I suppose a lot of us have been out underdressing - wearing girly undies under man clothes, out in public.

As a step upon the path to going out dressed more, and building confidence in myself, I like to underdress to the max. I have some ladies clothes that are plain and unisex, and could pass for mens clothes. T-shirts, jeans, jacket, and even a pair of shoes (though they're not as comfortable to wear as high heels or walk in as man shoes...)

So that's what I like to wear when I go down the road to the deli for a bottle of milk

Oh, and I now have enough girly undies to wear all the time, dressed up or underdressed.

What colour undies do you 'guys' really wear? *giggles*
    • 83 posts
    May 6, 2009 4:18 PM BST
    Well, I don't always match like Joni <grin> but I do try! I have many colors, and wear them accordingly. I usually wear outer clothes that compliment.

Here's what I feel when I wear these colors:
    Light Pink and light blue and floral prints - soft and feminine and gentle
    Dark Blue and black - like I'm mysterious or need to hide in the shadows
    Hot Pink and medium blue - energetic
    Kelly Green - thoughtful and energetic
    Medium Purple - more feelings, so I'm careful not to wear it when I might be too emotional
    White - clean, genuine and energetic
    Light beige - helps me get through a long summer day, or feel like I'm in one
    Bright yellow - like I'm on the beach
    Brown - down to earth

As you can see I'm really into colors. I also really really love lace on them, as long as it's in the right places.

I've tried every style, and find I like low or mid cut briefs best. I like the sensual feeling of the fabric swooshing around my backside,so I don't wear thongs unless I like the softness of the outerwear against my skin. I tried boycut (thinking it would satisfy both my desire as well as my wife's for what I wear) but the ones I tried just don't fit me well in the front. So, if any of you have suggestions, I'm listening <giggle>.

Btw, did any of you see the Tyra Banks underwear episode last year (or maybe it was the year before?). That was a really fun episode to watch, and I'd have loved to have been on that show. Everyone stripped to their skivvies and they had quite a discussion about underwear styles.

Hugs,
    Ann
  • May 6, 2009 5:37 PM BST
    Melissa,
    I to, like Joni calls it, go out in "Stealth Mode" when I go to work. I usually wear panties and either thigh hi stockings or pantyhose and often polish my toe nails just to feel a bit more femme for the day. However, there is no replacement for
    dressing totally but at this time for some of us we do what we can when we can and enjoy it. Regarding colors of panties I wear when I underdress are usually brite hot colors. Like pinks and blues and reds. They make me feel special and happy. Thanks for the posting it is and interesting topic.
    Kisses Sindy
    • 37 posts
    May 10, 2009 12:51 PM BST
    Since I started this thread, I suppose I better own up...

I buy my girlie undies from Target, K-Mart, and Best & Less. There are some Holeproof Nothings for when I am freshly shaven, some Hot Options embroidered with little bows, polka dots, half a dozen plain beige, and a few others in prints and patterns, mostly in bikini briefs as I find they help tuck things away nicely. I do have a black g-string I save for when I strap-and-tuck.

Ah, all this undies talk has made me want to go shopping
  • May 15, 2009 7:50 PM BST
    Hi All,

Perhaps a "Gaff" to deal with the tuckability problem?

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
    • 37 posts
    June 5, 2009 12:10 PM BST
    This afternoon, an hour or so before sunset, I went out for a walk around the neighbourhood, for a half hour or so, dressed up like one of the local girls - jeans, pullover, ballet flats, basic makeup and hair up in a scrunchy. That's turning underdressing up to 11 on the dial. From a distance I guess I might have looked androgynous or gender ambiguous... out of the people I passed, no one said anything or gave any sign something was 'amiss' - I think they were too wrapped up in doing their own things to really pay attention and ask if they saw a guy or a girl walk past. And... I feel fabulous!
  • June 5, 2009 8:34 PM BST
    Hi Melissa,

Congratz on 3 counts!!!

1. Going out.
    2. Obviously being able to pass as Melissa.
    3. Realizing that other people are "wrapped up in doing their own things to really pay attention"

I've also experienced that even when you don't really pass, almost no one actually says anything.

I've taken the view that the various people I run into, while out and about, are in my life at most 10-15 minutes,
    so the concern of someone saying something is very small. (Just be careful to not get in a unsafe situation,
    which genetic women are also careful about).

Enjoy your new found freedom -- Again Congratz!!!!!

MichelleLynn
    • 448 posts
    June 5, 2009 11:41 PM BST
    Never been known to underdress lol
    • 37 posts
    June 7, 2009 10:53 AM BST
    Michelle, thanks

I walked past the woman who runs the op shop I buy some of my clothes at, and she was looking in another direction. I'm calling that being able to pass in front of someone who might have reason to notice
    • 1 posts
    July 9, 2009 12:08 PM BST
    I am a newbie to expressing myself in female clothing. I like to wear little white hip-cut cotton panties and thigh highs of various colors under my pants (my pants, happen to be female pants because I liked the flair before I realized I wanted to wear female clothes). If I'm wearing shorts, I just wear cute silky undies (they feel great after a fresh shave).
    • 1980 posts
    May 6, 2009 2:28 PM BST
    Hi Melissa-

"Stealth mode" is where it's at for this girl at least some of the time (unfortunately). Everything I wear from the skin out has been bought on the girl side of the aisle, even if I'm in "guy" mode. As far as undies, usually it's whatever comes to hand, but almost always a thong and for some odd reason I have this thing about my socks and panties matching.<lol> So if you see me in pink socks someday, why then you'll know.<g>

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1980 posts
    May 6, 2009 7:43 PM BST
    Ann, boyshorts, despite the name, just don't work for girls like us. That center seam doesn't provide any tuckability, if you know what I mean. I have tried them, too, it was just a waste of money, though they do look cute on the ggirl models in the catalogs. As do so many things.<sigh>

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2627 posts
    May 6, 2009 8:56 PM BST
    I get most of my panties from Hanes One Place. 5pac nylon briefs, they come in blues, pinks,... I just can't do thongs
    I no longer own any man shorts. I do like to match them with whatever top I wear.
  • May 13, 2009 12:28 PM BST
    Just a tip, before I mislaid my essentials, or rather the superfluous bits, I used to wear a thong, tights over the top and then a pair of knickers, boy shorts.0ver the top of the tights
    apart from aiding tucking, its stopped the tights making my arse look like a burglars face.
    • 734 posts
    May 14, 2009 12:26 AM BST
    Joni,

"...boyshorts, despite the name, just don't work for girls like us. That center seam doesn't provide any tuckability, if you know what I mean..."

Mmm, I can't help thinking you're just boasting hunni. I tend to wear boyshorts more than any other type of knickers because of the 'tuckability', things just don't fall out so much!

Well, I guess this is one time when size really does matter...

Much love

Rae xx