N.B. Ann Carpenter

• 89 posts
    May 27, 2009 10:53 PM BST
    Ann,

I have been trying to reply your latest PM but my message does not seem to get through. At least it does not appear in my "sent" folder. Could you please drop me a line to [email protected] so I could send you my response?
    • 89 posts
    May 28, 2009 12:35 AM BST
    No problem, Rae! If this is a bug it is good that adequate info about it is posted. It is the first time I ran across with the problem. I have the text I wrote saved so I suppose the message is going to get through, eventually.
    • 83 posts
    May 28, 2009 5:45 PM BST
    Thanks for the not - I've been wondering if the PM system really works much, as I've written plenty of them and gotten replies to maybe 33% of my messages. Makes me think the messages never got there.

Ann
    • 734 posts
    May 27, 2009 11:15 PM BST
    Hi Tiina,

Sorry to intrude on a personal request you've made.

I was just interested as I get this all the time. I can't send pm's but can receive them. Over the passed year or so I've had various suggestions regarding firefox, but they only resolve the issue for a day. Eventually, I gave up and included my email address in my signature space.

It would be nice to finally get it sorted I suppose...

Hope you get your contact.

Much love

Rae x
    • 2573 posts
    May 29, 2009 6:05 AM BST
    Based on this thread, the PM system is undergoing analysis by our programmer. Katie is aware that there is an issue. If it is recent, that could be due to site code changes. There have been problems with the URL posting link in Forums as well.
    • 2127 posts
    May 29, 2009 8:44 AM BST
    Hi girls, I have asked Eric, our programmer, to take a look at this. As far as I know, the PM system was working perfectly till a few days ago. Eric was doing some work on the site at around the same time so this might be down to the changes he made.

Anyway, I hope to hear something positive from him soon.

Hugs,

Katie
    • 2127 posts
    June 5, 2009 10:36 AM BST
    Hi girls, Eric has messed about with the system and it now seems to be sending and receiving properly. He's not sure what went wrong but he's confident that it's all working well now.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x