Sun & Foundation

• 171 posts
    June 2, 2009 3:03 PM BST
    Whilst a lighter tinted moisturiser might be ideal for a GG in this hot weather, it may not be suitable for all us. What base layer and foundation recommendations do you have for the summer weather, so that a beard can be disguised? Tips gratefully received..
    • 1 posts
    June 14, 2009 6:17 AM BST
    I have found Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moistturizer Medium SPF 30 does even tone & texture to make your skin not only softer but also as a beard cover that make up can go over - however, I find I dont need makeup per se with this product.
    • 2017 posts
    June 4, 2009 1:19 PM BST
    In the summer, I generally only use a mineral based powder and that's it. The shade is slightly darker than my usual one so that it matches the change in skin colour. But I don't use anything underneath or over it. Mind you, I have had LOTS of laser so that helps. It also has an SFP of 15 which helps nicely and stays on all day and doesn't rub off on clothes either.

Perhaps you should look at a product called Dermablend, which is very good at covering shadow and it comes in a wide variety of shades so you will have no problem matching one to suit you. It's also waterproof and sweat proof so will stay on all day too.
    You will need to blend a foundation over it to give it a more natural look, and again, use one that won't come off in the heat.

Nikki