Why? Jenny's first rant.........

• 8 posts
    June 16, 2009 8:45 PM BST
    Why is it, in this day and age, we are still considered outcasts and weirdo's? Why can't we be seen in society as "like everyone else?"

This is an lgbT world! Do you know what that means? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, TRANSEXUAL/TRANSGENDERED persons! People, whatever! That means we are CLASSIFIED AS A DISTINCTIVE GROUP!! Why then, if that is what it is, do we still get looked down upon EVEN BY THE GAY COMMUNITY?!

I had a guy tell me the other day that people like us are a DISGRACE to the gay community! WTF?!?! What makes me so different? Is it because I like to do something society says is wrong? SO DO YOU! But even with the new ages swiftly approaching the TV/TS/TG community is STILL looked at as an annomoly, demon spawn at best!

We should be DAMN proud of who we are! There is Absolutely NO REASON for us to be pushed away just because we have a way of expressing ourselves that is "out of the norm!"

I am SO PISSED about this!

How DARE you talk to ME or ANY other trans individual as if we are circus freaks! We are flesh and blood JUST LIKE YOU! How could you POSSIBLY THINK that WE don't deserve the same rights as you????? People used to say that if you cut a homosexual they will bleed acid! DID YOU KNOW THAT??

When you wake up and realize that WE ARE ALSO HERE give me a ring otherwise I'll just be over here sipping my frappacino thru my ruby red lipstick while flipping thru Katy Glover's Girl Guide in my french manicured nails. I'll be the one sitting in the corner with the red dress, black red and diamond size 12 pumps, and brunette wig on. Once you stop staring at my perfectly shaved long legs look up, see my adams apple, and come talk to me. I promise, I won't spit acid into your eyes!

Sincerly,

Jenny W.
    • 746 posts
    June 16, 2009 10:24 PM BST
    Geez Jenny...I used to enjoy acid back in the day! But never ingested it thru my eyes! Attitude girlll...attitude! Lead the charge! (s)

Love,

Traci xxxx
  • June 18, 2009 12:04 AM BST
    Yes Jenny!!!

I guess your friend can't wrap their mind around the difference
    between sexual preference and Gender Identity!!

MichelleLynn
    • 871 posts
    June 18, 2009 7:00 AM BST
    It's a conundrum for me as I always thought that the Transgendered comunity was lumped with LGB for the simple reason of fighting a common cause of equality for everyone. However, it does seem that the greatest amount of discrimination and misrepresentation against transgender people is from the LGB comunity. It seems they are only interested in their own welfare regardless of who they neglect to acheive it, sounds very fascist to me.

Its very difficult for the trans community to represent its self as we are all in a transient state. The LGB comunity can have the same representatives for decades, where as the trend in the trans community seems to be that once people have created a good life in their required gender their links with the trans community tends to fade away, simply due to the lack of need.

I strongly believe society on the whole has got a lot better and will contunue to do so. There are a lot more people about today who realise that everyone deserves equal respect regardless of age, race, religion, orientation, weight, gender, health and so on. I cant believe how anyone can say that one group of people are superior or inferior, less or more important. Isnt that what Hitler did?

I'll get off my soap box now and let someone else have a go lol
    Penny
    x
  • June 18, 2009 9:29 AM BST
    I don't recognise myself here but can be it is like this? I'm a woman every minute of the day and have no problems with it what so ever besides going to the male toilet when I try? (I tried twice for fun but it was not successful) haha

Gay have no interests in me and I’ve got no interests in them so it’s equal but lesbians are also gay so I’m a gay lesbian and I’m happy with that.

xxx Natalie
    • 8 posts
    June 18, 2009 9:02 PM BST
    Penny you are welcome to stay on your soap box as long as you want honey! You know that! Nat, Thank you for your input on this subject! Along with everyone else! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels strongly about this subject! I mean, I knew ya'll would agree but I didn't know everyone thought this strongly about the subject! Keep the comments coming and maybe it will be a TLGB world soon enough! Raise The Rebellion!

• 181 posts
    July 18, 2009 10:50 PM BST
    Jenny , frst we do a very poor job of supporting ourselves ! If you were to come to Richmond Virginia some time and travel then to D C , I could make my point. very quickly ! look , I wont say whom but I was told by amember of the local Metropolitian Comunity Church that we were the Gays intertainment !!!!!!!!!!!! I see this every time Michiael Savage or Glen Beck go on about Transgendered Individuals as well . Savage even tough the man is extreemly well educated is'n't or wont educate himself as to what goes into the surgurcal processes for M to F surgury. Jerry Springer lukes about in the traile parksof Americato find the tawyist Transexuals who are obviously aren't fit to be on televiionusully due to a drug habit or the fact that they arent Phycologicly fit to be where they are ! Meanwhile , America sees us as the " Freak Show " we have allowed some of ourselves to be .
    Then too , in public how do we present ourselves ? I got reamed real good on a Yahoo group bout this last year as I tried to explain this to some folks who obviosly not wanting to hear the truth . Too many of us are " Working the streets, selling ourselves and or drugs " I go to the clubs and I see some Crossdresser who is sitting with his legs wide open and swilling a beer as if he were at a ball game ! No class I tell you , no class !
    Look, if you are going to spend the day picking out an outfit and spend two hours slathering on make-up , pay attention as to your manerisms ! Pay attention to what you're going to wear ! Make sure that it is an apperoperate item to be seen in ! If ya dress like a slut , how can you expect to be taken seriously in a club ?
    I get complements from Real women all the time about where I find so an so . Still get read , but no one says a word and those that do enerally want to know what I have had to endure to become the woman I am . Then we generally go onto shoppig conversations
    Some of you are going to climb al over me over my views . I'm expecting some flak over what have said but , I'm going to stand firm here, so e-mail me with yer best shot ! Ellen S
    • 1912 posts
    July 19, 2009 10:30 PM BST
    You are so right Ellen. I've made the same comments here in the past so it will be interesting to see if you get jumped on as much as I did nearly two years ago. Sadly many see this as a game and don't understand how it reflects badly on those of us who try to survive daily because we live this way. The old saying is "If it bleeds it leads" and sadly we have a lot of bleeding in our community.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2017 posts
    June 17, 2009 2:57 PM BST
    I can understand your rant Jenny. The gay community likes to include TG people when they need numbers to make a point, but often turn their backs afterwards. Personally, we shouldn't be lumped together with them anyway since ours is not a sexual issue but one of gender. We are only grouped there because someone thought it would be a good idea to put all the 'wierdos' together!

A disgrace to the gay community???? Good, fantastic, since I didn't ask to be grouped in that community in the first place and don't belong there!!!

Grrrrr!

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    June 17, 2009 7:00 PM BST
    Jenny, you go girl!
    • 734 posts
    June 18, 2009 1:12 AM BST
    OOps, had'nt realised you'd duplicated the post, so I'll duplicate my response - you don't escape that easy!xx

Hi Jenny,

I suspect we could all do with a rant every now and again!

I must confess, 'tho, I'm not comfortable in the slightest with having our community lumped onto the tail end of the LGB one. But thats just my feeling and personal opinion.

Did enjoy your last paragraph. Just inform the ignorant one at a time...

Much love

Rae x
  • June 19, 2009 11:04 AM BST
    what is interesting about the GLBT attitude to transsexuals is that a lot of the most transphobic writers/researchers etc are actually G or L and a lot of the straight ones are probably B...
    • 2573 posts
    July 19, 2009 12:03 AM BST
    Which part are you expecting to get climbed all over for, Ellen?
  • July 19, 2009 4:42 PM BST
    LOL Ellen.. love it.
    I was telling the head shrink at the gender clinic about the lack of visible femaleness in the guys who sit legs apart/swilling beer...I said if there is a female in the male body she should be showing herself espcailly after start of transition or getting out of closet..
    no law against being a crossdresser but it just feeds the bigots...
    now I will get called trannier than thou yet again.
    • 2573 posts
    July 19, 2009 7:17 PM BST
    It is, and always will be, about being free to be ourselves, whoever that may be...Cis, Trans, Gay, Lesbian, Inter-sexed and........