Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Why? Jenny's first rant.........

Why? Jenny's first rant.........

Tags : None
  • Sorry ya'll, I meant to have this on the general forum to begin with but here it is again for everyone to see:

Why is it, in this day and age, we are still considered outcasts and weirdo's? Why can't we be seen in society as "like everyone else?"

This is an lgbT world! Do you know what that means? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, TRANSEXUAL/TRANSGENDERED persons! People, whatever! That means we are CLASSIFIED AS A DISTINCTIVE GROUP!! Why then, if that is what it is, do we still get looked down upon EVEN BY THE GAY COMMUNITY?!

I had a guy tell me the other day that people like us are a DISGRACE to the gay community! WTF?!?! What makes me so different? Is it because I like to do something society says is wrong? SO DO YOU! But even with the new ages swiftly approaching the TV/TS/TG community is STILL looked at as an annomoly, demon spawn at best!

We should be DAMN proud of who we are! There is Absolutely NO REASON for us to be pushed away just because we have a way of expressing ourselves that is "out of the norm!"

I am SO PISSED about this!

How DARE you talk to ME or ANY other trans individual as if we are circus freaks! We are flesh and blood JUST LIKE YOU! How could you POSSIBLY THINK that WE don't deserve the same rights as you????? People used to say that if you cut a homosexual they will bleed acid! DID YOU KNOW THAT??

When you wake up and realize that WE ARE ALSO HERE give me a ring otherwise I'll just be over here sipping my frappacino thru my ruby red lipstick while flipping thru Katy Glover's Girl Guide in my french manicured nails. I'll be the one sitting in the corner with the red dress, black red and diamond size 12 pumps, and brunette wig on. Once you stop staring at my perfectly shaved long legs look up, see my adams apple, and come talk to me. I promise, I won't spit acid into your eyes!

Sincerly,

Jenny W.
    Sincerely, Jenny Wells Princess of Transexual Transylvania
      June 17, 2009 8:43 PM BST
  • I don't recognise myself here but can be it is like this? I'm a woman every minute of the day and have no problems with it what so ever besides going to the male toilet when I try? (I tried twice for fun but it was not successful) haha

Gays have no interests in me and I’ve got no interests in them so it’s equal but lesbians are also gay so I’m a gay lesbian and I’m happy with that.

xxx Natalie
      June 17, 2009 8:54 PM BST
    Hi Jenny,

I suspect we could all do with a rant every now and again! :)

I must confess, 'tho, I'm not comfortable in the slightest with having our community lumped onto the tail end of the LGB one. But thats just my feeling and personal opinion.

Did enjoy your last paragraph. Just inform the ignorant one at a time...

Much love

Rae x
    www.raekelcou.com
      June 17, 2009 11:53 PM BST
  • A simple answer Jenny is that being Trans means we are part of a wide and diverse community. It ranges from those who have transitioned to be the person they always knew they were to the person deep in the closet. Look at how we portray ourselves. There are many like me who live our lives in the world as the women we know we are. There are those that dress to go out socially. There are those that only dress in the security of their bedroom, never to be seen by anyone else.
    Quite often, the public view of us is that we dress for sexual reasons. Why is that? On the whole because many of the T-community do dress for sex, and use various contact sites/forums to link to others. These are the sites you get linked to often on a Google search.
    On the whole I'd say that the LGB community is accepting of the T community. So many T social events are held in LGB pubs and clubs. Yes there will be gays that don't understand us, in the same way many straights don't understand us.

Here's a scenario which some do not realise about me. I was a married man for 2 days short of 35 years. Before I got divorced my walked out on my wife and moved in with a friend. Both of us were what many would say were TVs. After a short time we started a relationship - 2 guys so in the eyes of many that would be a gay relationship (we were both bi-sexual). Now we are a married couple, living a normal heterosexual relationship. We are accepted as such by our friends, be they straight, lesbian, gay, bi, TV/TS.

Am I a weirdo? In my eyes no. Have I ever been a weirdo? Well when I was born in 1950 with both male and female genitals I more than likely would have been, but a surgeon removed my female genitals and left me male. I've never had to shave my legs. I've never had a visible Adam's apple. Yes I'm different but I'm accepted for who I am, not what I am.

Alina
    Born a male and female, lived as a male, now a woman.
    Life is proceeding at a lovely pace
      June 18, 2009 12:06 PM BST