Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » A-size breasts too small?

A-size breasts too small?

Tags : None
  • Some people might think that having A-size breasts are very small but do you really know how A-size look like? Aiming for larger breasts could in fact be OK but the fact is they will also sag more later on so larger breasts besides having silicone is not always an advantage as also silicone last max 10 years or so and after that what do you do?

I will show you how mine look like even though it could be they are larger then A but I use A size bra anyway and I think the size is OK?

xxx Natalie
      June 19, 2009 11:46 AM BST
  • I definitely agree with you Natalie. Unless you have a very large frame, A or B breasts have in my opinion an innocence look to them. You mentioned sagging as age moves on but don't forget the back problems associated with large breasts. Your picture looks just fine. I think it comes down to wearing the proper size and style bra. There is a wide variety including, add-a-cup size, pushup, plunge, padded, underwire and more.

I pretty much fill a B cup now and here is a reasonably recent pic of me.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      June 19, 2009 12:09 PM BST
  • Thank you Marsha. Also breasts comes in all kind of shapes and mine is like two small coconuts which is like teen girls have them for a while (smile). I’ve only been on hormones for 2+ years so maybe they will grow further and change shape later on but if you ask me if I love them? Sure I do.

xxx Natalie
      June 19, 2009 4:48 PM BST
  • mine didn't seem to want to grow much so I had implants and they have been just fine for maybe 18 months but yesterday I had to admit that they are growing again...a couple of the bras that were OKish are now to small and binned and the ones that were a bit big are just fine...so long as they don't go all the way to DDs...

implants are under the pectorals so I doubt if they will sag like GGs...

and I can't swear to it but I think the bit of arm and leg hair that had been growing for a while is thinning out again...I haven't altered my hormones or anything so I dunno what it is...can't be something so simple as finally getting a bit of sunshine to sit out in can it?
      June 20, 2009 12:54 PM BST
  • Rose, for me I lost most of my hairy chest and hair on my arms so that’s not a problem for me anymore but my legs??? ;(

The interesting with breasts as in my case is that they are no the same all year round. They can be smaller, larger, more circle or even more tubular. The changes seams not to be less now then before even though right now they are nice and shaped as young coconuts (well almost haha) I’m lucky to have more fatty tissues up towards my shoulders which makes them look bigger but they are still size A I think? But then I never developed large pectorals even though I can use them to “move” my breasts.

Some people takes hormones while also smoking but please note that smoking might close both the alpha and beta oestrogen receptors (or some of them), and in some cases, hormone regimens are almost so ineffective as to be a waste of money. It is actually recommended that if you are transitioning MTF, that you should quit smoking. Caffeine also has a detrimental effect, though not as severe as smoking.

We had the “debate” about self-medicating so please note that hormones are not to be played with. We know that there are those who go wondering about taking hormones to increase breast size without intention of living as female, but hormones will do much more than this. They will soften facial features, round out and tilt the hips forward, might cause sterility, and the penis will shrink and not return to its original size if hormones are stopped. Sex drive will be greatly reduced as well. So hormones should NOT be taken to grow breasts, as this is only for those who are serious about transition. Beside this, hormones might bring on mood swings…

Breast growth will not increase or occur faster by increasing hormone dosage. During the development, breast tissue will become very sensitive, and occasionally itchy or sore and we must understand that growing breasts takes a very long time and for each year it just getting better and better so rushing into implants might not be the bast solution.

Taking female hormones will also make a loss of strength as fat and muscle mass is redistributed, and there is also usually some loss of energy but natural Progestosterone tends to convert fat to energy. So with the right hormone regime the pectorals will also be converted into fat as muscle mass decreases but if you smoke or drink a lot of coffee the effect will be far less.

xxx Natalie
      June 20, 2009 6:26 PM BST
  • I was thinking the bigger boobs may be due to being on crutches for 8 weeks - andf only 4 to go!!!thank goodness - as the implants are under the pectorals and using the crutches does seem to be exercising the whole pectoral s- so it will be interesting to see what happens when I hopefully throw the cructhes away.

But yesterday I had appoint with endocrinologist at hospital and he said last blood test showed estrogen at 709 and testo at.9 whcih is good for a TS although it would be nice to see a bit better skin condition.
    I eat loads of fruit/veg/vit+min pill etc so I'm sure its not diet or skincare but just can't get nice skin.

No progress on SRS as I don't get to see second opinion shrink until Sept 14...that will be 59months since first contact with GP and me saying dread words 'I want to know about sex change'...my gender clinic works on the theory that the longer the wait the better - maybe for them but not me.
      June 23, 2009 10:40 AM BST
  • Constance, I'm not a doctor but I think if you quit smoking and use caffeine-free coffee it would help on the oestrogen receptors on long term as I don't think it would happen overnight. Also I’m not sure if there is a test for ERα and ERβ?

xxx Natalie
      June 24, 2009 9:38 PM BST
  • ce bon!
      June 24, 2009 10:55 PM BST
  • Rose,
    Take a look at your triceps if you want to see some real development from being on crutches.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      June 25, 2009 3:07 AM BST
  • Very interesting comment Wendy... but breasts is best with fat developments and not with muscles. Males build their breasts (or chest) with muscles, females don’t do that unless they are into sport?

Fat store oestrogen receptors muscles do not. So more fat = more receptors. Without DHT muscle mass decreases to a female norm so to get nice female curves it's also important to block DHT with i.e. Finasteride but also natural Progestosterone blocks DHT I think? Beside this loosing muscles and converting to fat also makes you loose weight as I think muscles are heavier then fat but if you tend to get more fat then “normal” then sure the weight goes up.

xxx Natalie
      June 25, 2009 10:55 AM BST
  • I hope the triceps do shrink again when I get rid of crutches...they aren't too big... but I do think there is the effect of top of body toning that would be fine on a guy...
    hopping about on crutches must mean that during the moments i have both feet off the floor I'm in effect weightlifting perhaps 100pounds as my weight is about 155...just hoping round the hospital the other day would have been the equivalent of a good workout on chinning bar?

re checking for effect of smoking and coffee on hormones...when I was in the endocrinologists waiting room on Monday one of the assitants told another patient that there are over 1000 tests they can do on blood so who knows if anyone has a test for the effect?

Try enquiring at blood test sites/forums?
      June 25, 2009 12:41 PM BST
  • I think we all know Candi from YouTube with her voice training videos but WHAT A SURPRISE!!!! She got huge breast implants like DDD and moved and now stay with her TS girlfriend?

Watch this out but frankly speaking I think they are just TOO BIG??? Or what do you say?

http://www.youtube.com/wa[...]channel
    http://www.youtube.com/wa[...]el_page

xxx Natalie
      June 27, 2009 6:16 PM BST
  • Definitely on the large size but I don't know if I would say too big. She has a large round face and they just seem to fit her frame. But on another note, I don't think they look very real. I've never been a fan of the giant balls glued to the chest look.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

June 27, 2009 8:19 PM BST
  • depending on what she 'wants' them for ? Maybe she wants to have the rounded cuddly look?

After just a month there will be a lot of swelling and the skin/muscles won't have healed and let them take their final shape...but the giveaway is the height? Natural breasts/smaller implants start lower and just gently emerge. I saw a bikini advert recently and the GG had implants that showed almost as though she had a round flat saucer under the skin of her upper chest...photographer should have posed her differently I suppose.

I went up about two sizes and the day after op I thought I had ordered volcanoes but after 3 months they softened up and shaped lovely.

Incidentally there is a youtube around of the biggest ever implants...monsters weight 8 pounds each on a tiny woman who wanted to have the biggest.(though I got impression it was her guy that was pushing her along)

The previous biggest had to have them taken out after they got infection. I noticed that for maybe 9 months the front part of my boobs werea lot colder that the rest even under bra and warm sweater - so I wonder if in fact the weight of the implant stretches the skin so much that it restricts the blood flow to help or cause infection?

June 30, 2009 9:29 AM BST
  • Interesting reading Rose. Yes I think you're right because it takes time to let the body and the silicon to adjust itself and it takes time for tissue to bind to the silicon implants as well.

About the temperature differences it's strange but I think if they react on cold/hot temperature as they normally should, then there should not be any problems? Mine at least reacts as much on temperature as we know the "down under" does. haha

xxx Natalie
      June 30, 2009 10:10 AM BST
  • they were definitely cold to the touch from February op right up to about Xmas even indoors and with a layer of bra, a thin top and a cardigan on. Cool area seemed maybe a circle up to two inches or so around the nipple. Rest of my body was as warm as normal so they implants were responsible somehow.
    The implant filler liquid would surely have warmed to body temp within an hour or two of being implanted ...or do they pre-warm them up so we don't jump off the op table with shock LOL.
    Actually we hold thermometers under our armpit and that warms to normal temp in aminute or two so why would implants not do? Curious...
      June 30, 2009 4:17 PM BST
  • Well Rose, it could then be simple as the body distribution of heat? You know many GG's has very cold bum and/or feet while the rest of the body is warm as normal? Or the ears can also feel hot or cold right? So based on what you're saying I think it just might be normal even though if I don’t use bra, my natural breasts also feel colder when I touch them. What about you Marsha?

xxx Natalie
      June 30, 2009 7:15 PM BST
  • Hi Natalie,

In my opinion, your figure looks very nice. Although some of the transgender specialty stores assume, rightly or wrongly, that most transgender persons are in love with very large breasts, it seems to me that one’s bust-waist-hips proportions are the key to looking like a genetic woman. Outsized breasts are a guarantee of being clocked or read immediately.

The points you make about silicone implants are good ones. There are other health issues as well, although today’s implants are safer than those of earlier periods.

I personally wear A-size breast forms, not implants. On top of one’s natural breast tissue, including at least some amount of pectoral muscle development, this works best with a B-cup bra.

XOX, Jamie Ann
    Jamie Ann
      July 1, 2009 12:56 AM BST
  • Hi Jamie. I just want to add that while breast we can always do something with, but the waist-hips proportions often are what they are even though I very often use a light cardigan to cover it up which in fact is a good solution.

Personally I don't think having some stomach is a bad think and I think it can in fact look a bit sexy when it shows. I'm not in for being a perfect girl because who are? If we just aim to become a perfect girl we will all loose out on one or another way. You know the saying that says, "Some likes the mother, while others likes the daughter".

I think A-size is also sexy if they are circle shaped like mine and I went to buy a B-size bra but it's not at all as sexy as a A-size because the cup also gets higher so it shows easier then a A-size. So for me I think I stick to A-size based on the fact that I find them to be nicer on me then a B-size.

Since the breast developments is 4-6 years I still have time to see what’s happening, so I take it easy because I'm very happy with what I got and I'm not sure if any larger would look any better on me... and for sure, I would never option for implants.

xxx Natalie
      July 1, 2009 9:56 AM BST
  • My breasts have been measured as 34B and please don't think I am bragging but these seem to have developed without me consciously taking medication (except for an ill-advised period when I used estrogel for a couple months, but I had the same breast size before I started anyway). I'm sure we are all aware that some men do unintentionally develop feminine breasts (the condition is called gynocomastia), and this can cause severe distress for men who desire their bodies to masculine; some men even have surgery to have their breast size reduced. As someone like myself who wants to have a feminine body this condition is an absolute blessing. But when in male mode (which unfortunately is most of the time at present), I have to wear loose clothing to avoid people staring at my chest too much. Tight clothing (except when I present myself as a lady!) is an absolute non-starter. I also have to invent countless excuses to avoid been seen in a swimming costume (except of course if I want to wear a bikini in femmode).
      August 4, 2009 8:56 AM BST
  • hi rachel, this is interesting with probably lots of possibilities but the one that catches my eye is the short spell on estrogel...maybe it kickstarted your endocrin system into producing estrogen? you look slim and feminine anyway so maybe you need to get your blood checked to see what your baseline levels are. if you aren't on any medication for several months then a blood test may show you have naturally high estrogen...but if so from what source?
    another possibility is that as you seem to be partly enfemme and living in close contact with mtfs then maybe you are also stimulating your body to produce estrogen and feminization.
    lots of medical curiosities about and our bodies just refuse to fit into pigeonholes.
      August 4, 2009 9:05 AM BST
  • Hi Rose, and thank you for your thoughtful response to my post and for your kind comments; I will upload a better photo of myself later.

I'm not sure if the short spell on estrogel had any noticeable effect because my breasts were already fully developed before I started taking it. In addition, I have always had a rather feminine body (i.e. narrow-ish shoulders, none of the usual masculine muscular development, as well as distinctly small lady-like hands and feet). I only wish that I could have done without the body hair, which is the bane of my crossdressing life; if I don't keep it in check, I imagine that I look like a female gorilla! Not a pretty sight!
      August 4, 2009 9:27 AM BST
    Hi Rachael,
    As your breasts have'nt changed I would have thought the estrogel was a red herring.
    I'm not a fan of the medical term 'gynocomastia' as that is all too often associated in peoples minds as 'man-boobs'. The bane of the elderly, overweight and those who have undergone an idiosyncratic puberty!
    If your breasts are more orb shaped and crowned with female nipples then I'd certainly consider them breasts and you can consider yourself one of the fortunate few ;) Whilst just about an A cup I would'nt swap them for the world.
    I am a little intrigued that you can hide a B cup with baggy clothing. Even with baggy clothing it's fairly obvious I have breasts...
    I get the impression you've had them for some time so the following probably does'nt apply: Liver damage, some cancers and some medication can cause feminising in males and breast developement. [So if anyone out there wakes up in the morning with a very well endowed chest, yahoo! is'nt necessarily the first thought you should have...]. I'm assuming you have no other medical condition which would have an impact on your body.
    If things are as you say, I'm surprised you have a problem with body hair.
    I would be curious to know if yours meet the criterea I mentioned above. Feel free to email - PM's don't like me - 'cos at the moment, to be honest, I'm still in a minority of one.
    www.raekelcou.com
      August 4, 2009 11:33 PM BST
  • Hi Rae, I agree with you, gynocomastia is an ugly word: only slightly better than "man boobs". You are correct: none of the conditions you've listed apply to me, and I'm not particularly overweight.

And assuming that I am a B cup (I'm open to the possibility that in fact I've got this wrong), I'm not able to completely hide them with loose fitting shirts but only to make them less obvious. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any correlation between breast development and body hair.

Best Regards
      August 5, 2009 4:00 AM BST