You know you're a girl when...

• 114 posts
    August 22, 2009 6:18 PM BST
    ...you see a picture of Blake Lively (American actress - "Gossip Girl") from the back, walking away in this very hot burgundy short dress, killer heels, perfect body shape, and beautiful legs...and your very first thought is: "Wow...I wish I could wear that and look like she does."

;-)

• 746 posts
    August 22, 2009 7:26 PM BST
    You don't????? (smile)

Traci
    • 114 posts
    August 22, 2009 7:41 PM BST
    Only in my sweetest dreams and hottest fantasies. :-)
    • 114 posts
    August 22, 2009 8:16 PM BST
    "You know you're a girl when you do wear a dress and killer heels and you do look like that, (from the back at least, lol) and everyone else says, 'Wow!' "

I am incredibly jealous, then. :-)

• August 22, 2009 9:07 PM BST
    "You know you're a girl" when you are tempted to ask her where she got the outfit so you can go shopping for something similar as well.
    MichelleLynn
    • 308 posts
    August 24, 2009 6:21 AM BST
    "You know you're a girl" when you say, she looks fabulous...........BUT!!
    • 114 posts
    August 24, 2009 4:01 PM BST
    "Your a girl when you have achieved your own goals, when your contented and happy with who you are, not modeling yourself on someone else. Beauty inside brings more happiness."

You are absolutely correct, Cristina. Self-actualization is the only source of true satisfaction and happiness.

As someone who lives and works in a country where it is illegal to be transgendered, where the fact I shave my body hair could get me flogged, where being found wearing women's items or make-up could get me flogged, where I can't buy women's items openly, without a wife present, (and to do it secretly can be dangerous, too), where I have no access to a psychologist, other transgendered individuals, or any other support network (save what I can find on the Web), I understand completely that who I am comes from within and is not contingent upon what I wear or upon whom I may model myself.

However, envy among genetic woman over the ability of another woman to really look good in a particular outfit is a pretty well documented reality. I found it personally amusing that I had the same reaction, as my initial reaction, when I saw this particular photo. I try to be good-humored about myself, so I thought I'd share that with others. I am sorry the humor didn't seem to connect with you. I hope I can do better next time.

• 1083 posts
    August 24, 2009 5:10 PM BST
    You KNOW you're a girl when:

You don't really CARE what other girls look like...

You know where you could get that same killer outfit for 60% less...

You're more interested in the hot hunk she was with...

...and maybe you find yourself thinking that having your hair that way is more of a pain in the rear than it's worth.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 114 posts
    August 24, 2009 6:47 PM BST
    Humor is, indeed, subjective. No doubt about it.

Mine is probably a bit too dry. :-)

• 1083 posts
    August 24, 2009 10:17 PM BST
    **purrs**

Didn't have to, dear...you did it for me!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 181 posts
    August 29, 2009 5:14 PM BST
    You know you're a lady when the other women ( G G 's ) all comment on how well you dress as opposed to how they see the other women dressing ! To that , I say and smile and say ....... Thank you ! I have accomplished two agendas , I pass, and I'm accepted as a woman amd for that I say thank you God for giving me the talent , the strenth and the determination to excede the odds in my journey . Ellen S
    • 89 posts
    August 30, 2009 10:43 AM BST
    None of us chose to be a tranny, we were born to be trannies. Ergo: being a TG person is a human right and you know you are a girl when you feel like one.
  • September 28, 2009 1:05 AM BST
    "You know you are a girl when":
    You stare at a woman and your wife is not jealous because she knows you are checking out her outfit and not her boobs LOL

Stephenie
    • 2017 posts
    August 22, 2009 7:41 PM BST
    You know you're a girl when you do wear a dress and killer heels and you do look like that, (from the back at least, lol) and everyone else says, 'Wow!'

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    August 24, 2009 9:07 AM BST
    Your a girl when you have achieved your own goals, when your contented and happy with who you are, not modeling yourself on somone else. Beauty inside brings more happiness.

xxXCristineXxx
    • 2358 posts
    August 24, 2009 4:16 PM BST
    Sorry I was'nt being critical, the lightheartedness and humour passed me by, Unusual for me not to imbibe in a bit of humour.
    But I have to confess I have at times envied how some women present themselves.

Cristine
    • 2573 posts
    August 24, 2009 4:23 PM BST
    Humor is very subjective. So many factors can affect whether someone "gets it" or not.

On the serious side, this thread coalesced my thoughts on some of those periodic doubts that can affect some of us....well ME anyway, lol.

I finally found my "gold standard" for "You know you are a girl when....". It is "...the idea of reliving your life again as a male is too awful to contemplate. When you would risk verbal abuse, threats, beatings and death rather than repeat that mistake."

So, Jeanette, your thread worked for me. Thanks. Oh, and kick a camel for me....and if you ask "One hump or two?" I will stick out my tounge at you.
    • 2358 posts
    August 24, 2009 5:16 PM BST
    Oh Mina, typical woman, the hunk she is with, suprised you did'nt go all the way and call her a stuck up haughty cow as well, lol.

Cristine xxXxx
    • 2573 posts
    September 28, 2009 2:04 AM BST
    "Mine is probably a bit too dry. :-) " - Jenette.

Undoubtably it is the climate, Dear.