I came Out

• 18 posts
    September 7, 2009 8:39 PM BST
    I came out to my parents a couple of days ago, and was told by my Mum what took me so long as they thought I had given up on such things. Then yesterday my dad phones up and suggests a name to me. He also told me that he was a Crossdresser when he was younger.

My wife is very understanding and wants me to be happy, so I have told her that I want to be a woman and she said she would be with me all the way and when I change my Birth Certificate we can Re-Marry.

I am over the moon as I thought I would lose her but instead I seem to be getting to know her better.

To anyone who is thinking of coming out I wish you all good luck and hope you are as lucky as I am
    • 181 posts
    September 7, 2009 9:58 PM BST
    Wow, you certainly don't hear this kind of a reaction every day ! f that had been me fourty years ago , I would have died an gone to heaven ! Ellen S.
    • 871 posts
    September 7, 2009 10:13 PM BST
    Oh thats fantastic! I'm so pleased for you. xxxx
    • 18 posts
    September 8, 2009 1:31 PM BST
    Thank you all, and a message to Wendy Jeanette Larsen I always go shopping with my wife as she says I have a good taste in clothes. Just wish I was smaller so that I could wear them, as it is hard to find clothes when you are 6'4".

And I am very romantically involved with my wife as I care for her needs before my own

Oh yes and it is Gloucestershire
  • September 8, 2009 2:04 PM BST
    I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best.
    • 9 posts
    September 8, 2009 9:44 PM BST
    I am happy to hear that it all went well for you.
    It must be a huge relief for you that they know now and are behind you in where you go from here.
    • 2 posts
    May 25, 2010 6:22 PM BST
    How utterly delightful! Belated congratulations. Sometimes it seems the only stories one hears are heartbreakers, but your experience gives me hope that one particular scene I'm writing is not mere Pollyanish drivel. I hope, lo, these eight months later, that you've remained well and that your physical and emotional transitions are smoothly under way.
    • 2573 posts
    September 7, 2009 9:14 PM BST
    I hope you bought a Lottery ticket as well this week!

Incredibly good news, Suzie. Wonderful to hear of your good fortune. Your work is not done with your wife, however. Expect the possibility of some later issues for her, when she has had time to process. Focus on her needs as much as possible. Make Suzie as enjoyable to be with as possible. Be sure to let her know you are still interested in her in a romantic way. When shopping, be her gf.

It can be tempting to go "OHthankGodalliswell" and avoid talking to her about her feelings, but this would be a mistake.

Glouscestershire or Hampshire, hon? Need to check resources for your area.

And.....Welcome, Sister. Your wife is welcome here too. We have a special place for our beloved S.O.'s at TW..
    • 2017 posts
    September 9, 2009 12:20 PM BST
    Wonderful news Suzie, I hope everything continues to go well for you. Please be aware though that feelings can and do change going through transition, and I don't mean to sound pessimistic, quite the opposite in fact, because if you are aware of that then it can help you both to deal with it. Staying with your partner can and does work and it sounds like you have a very caring wife, I'm very happy for you.

On another note - Stroud? I used to go there frequently in my mispent youth although it's changed quite a bit now. Small world isn't it?

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    September 20, 2009 12:10 PM BST
    This link is to venues in your general area of England:
    http://www.transgenderzon[...]NDS.htm

Here are some more specific support groups:

http://www.freewebs.com/gloscats/

Gay Glos.

Gay Glos provide a range of services for anyone concerned about their sexuality or gender, as well as their friends and families. They operate a helpline with trained volunteers who can give help and advice on a range of issues, including domestic abuse within same sex relationships.

01452 306 800

http://www.gay-glos.org