Wig/Hairstyles

Tags : None
  • Unfortunately for me, I have male pattern baldness.

Oh, for the hair of my youth, which was thick, wavy and beautiful - quite seriously. Long hair was still stylish during my teen years, and women used to go gaga over it.

Alas, the interceding years have not been kind in that department, and I am consigned to wigdom, if only for my own satisfaction. I have one wig back home, but I am not totally happy with it. I am convinced that the wrong wig/style can really draw attention to a girl trying to pass in the mundane world. So, I am interested in thoughts on what is a good style for someone with an a broader oval face (as opposed to a narrow oval face).

Looking forward to hearing thoughts.

-Jessi-
      October 3, 2009 2:24 PM BST
  • Hi Jenette,

You could take a look at:

http://www.paulayoung.com/dept.aspx?did=98&mscssid=&adsrc=

where various face shapes are shown with appropriate style wigs.
    I'm sure there are other wig sites with similar info.

I can relate to your experience with having a full head of long hair that went away with the onset of male pattern baldness. Same happened to me in my mid-thirties and to add insult to injury, my formerly smooth face began to grow a pretty full beard and upper lip whiskers.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      October 3, 2009 2:42 PM BST
  • Hi,
    I recommend you visit Wonderland Wigs http://stores.shop.ebay.c[...]nd-Wigs
    They have amazing wigs in all colors and styles and post to anywhere in the world.
    They are also great for help and advice, and also have pages on their site which tell you about face shapes, colours etc.
    I have bought 3 wigs from them and love them all. I am now an avid fan of Wonderland Wigs!
    Check out their shop on ebay. They do have a website too, but it looks to be down at the moment.
    xx
      October 21, 2009 12:34 AM BST
  • Jenette,
    You may have to get 2 or three wigs - depending on you clothing styles and the type of entertaining you do.
    It might be a good idea to meet with a beauty consultant in you area and get some real professional beauty management person to help you out. With the cost of good clothing, makeup, and wigs etc.. it would be better to get off on the right track with an integrated approach. Plus you would have a valuable "confident" to boot!
    Doanna
    :)
    <p>Doanna Highland</p>
      October 21, 2009 1:30 AM BST