Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Creative Writing » Conference of Religious Leaders

Conference of Religious Leaders

Tags : None
  • Here's another story I wrote for a creative writing class.

Hope you like it
      October 5, 2009 8:48 PM BST
    Hi M/S,

Didn't want you feeling too lonely in this thread!

I've not had the time to take a peek at your latest offering but looking forward to doing so this weekend...

Rae x
    www.raekelcou.com
      October 9, 2009 10:51 PM BST
    Hi Mike/Stephanie,

I wanted to respond to your story when you posted it, but after I made such an ass of myself when you posted "Why I Dress" I hoped that you'd have gotten other comments by now.

I liked the informality of how the various gods interacted and the eclectic mix was fun. In a way, if I remember my Bullfinch's, the Greek gods and their Roman successors behaved pretty much as you portray all of them, only much nastier. Don't know much about the Hindu and Norse (other than "The Mighty Thor" comics) gods. I'll have to look up Ghede, I'm totally unfamiliar with him.

A very enjoyable story. Please post more.

If you haven't read it already, I think you might enjoy Robert Shekley's "Dimension of Miracles." The Judeo-Christian deity makes a small, but ineffectual, appearance.

Best,
    Melody

ps, I really do apologize for stepping (to use an old CB radio phrase) all over your last post. Looking back I should have taken my problems reading .doc files to the Tech Support Forum after my first response to you. (If I was smart enough to know what I'm doing while I'm doing it, instead of after I've done it, I'd spend a lot less time feeling like a fool...)
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      October 15, 2009 6:50 PM BST
    That should have read:
    Robert Sheckley's "Dimension of Miracles"

I can't type, either
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      October 16, 2009 8:22 PM BST
    Thanks M/S that was an interesting, diverting and fun read.
    I appreciate it was part of an excercise but, again, I was left wishing there was more of it - and I mean that in a nice way! Dialogue was handled with usual aplomb and, whilst visualisation was good, I did wish for a little more description.
    Keep 'em coming... :)

xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      October 26, 2009 8:22 PM GMT