Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Diana 35: some advice needed.

Diana 35: some advice needed.

Tags : None
  • I have a mtf transsexual friend in Thailand, and when visiting her noticed a packet of the Thai version of the birth-control pill Diana 35 in her home (the name on the packet was in Thai, but I was able to read the Thai script). I asked her who had suggested she take this hormone, and she said her doctor had. Although no expert in this field, I then told her I had heard many bad things about transsexuals taking this drug and that it might even be dangerous. She is in her mid 20's, and told me that sometimes they make her feel sick. I feel as if I am not qualified to give any advice, except to say that I feel her doctor might be giving her the wrong advice. I guess I could google Diana 35, but does anyone have any knowledge or insight into this drug. I remember reading bad things about it, possibly on this forum. Many thanks.
      October 7, 2009 2:27 AM BST
  • Diane-35 ED contains two hormones: cyproterone acetate, a progestogen, and ethinyl estradiol, an estrogen.

More thrombosis events seem to be associated with ethinyl estradiol than any other form of estrogen. Source: http://www.hemingways.org[...]iol.htm

Need I say more.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      October 7, 2009 4:02 AM BST
  • hay iam taking diane 35 but facing a major dippression what should i doo i had to strt it cuz iam loosing head hair liek nething and have massive body pimple and hair issues please help me out iam a m2f tranny
      April 9, 2012 11:39 PM BST
  • Stop taking it. It appears your are a DIY. 17 b estradiol products are the normal M2F hormones. Better still, see a doctor and read all postings in Hormone threads

<p>ooxxoo</p>
    This post was edited by Joanne Lee at April 10, 2012 5:27 AM BST
      April 10, 2012 5:25 AM BST
  • well where i live doctors arnt avalable to treat such issuesi amsreally tensed wat should i do and y do u recommend me to stop taking diane ?
      April 10, 2012 8:54 AM BST
  • Hi Aphey Ali
    My endocrinologists started me out on Diane 35 after I had been self medicating for several years. But hair lose is a different matter. I would think that would respond better to a spironolactone or similar. The normal route of course would be to consult a trichologist. You never know they might think transitioning is good for male pattern baldness.
    cb
      April 10, 2012 9:21 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Hi Aphey, I don't think Diane 35 will help with hair loss, at least I've never heard of it doing so. It may help with pimples, possibly.
    To prevent further hair loss, here in the UK we may be prescribed finasteride or dutasteride. I take finasteride, only very small doses are required to keep hair loss at bay (1/20th gram or less), so it needn't be expensive.
    I've not heard of Diane 35 causing depression, but maybe that could be down to the cyproterone acetate (which is not a progestogen as an earlier poster suggested).
    Both the drugs in Diane 35 are high risk. It would be safer to take 17B estradiol and finasteride, but no-one can promise that these will solve your problems. I've always had problems with pimples, still do aged nearly 49. Taking hormones may not be the answer.
    If you're taking birth control pills regularly, especially these ones, you should also be having regular blood tests and seeking expert advice.
    TS's require long-term hormone treatment, so such risky types should be avoided.
    xx
      April 10, 2012 7:42 PM BST
  • Thanks Lucy
    I knew it was finasteride because I used to take it too.
    Fortunately though I don't have a hair problem and have never been particularly hursuit either.
    Regards
    cb
      April 10, 2012 10:53 PM BST
  • thnak you so much Lucy and chalice for shw your concerns to me i really appriciate but the thing is i live in pakistan and they are not at all supportive with LGBTs so noone guides me wat to take .. and chalice this wat uve told me finasteride is this a hormone would i get iot from here?
      April 11, 2012 9:22 AM BST
  • hay about this finesteride iam getting it in 5 mg by the name of proscar should i take it? and wat dose?
      April 11, 2012 9:58 AM BST
  • Hi Aphley

Its a tricky business.

I used to get finesteride/proscar from an online pharmacy.

5mg 1 tablet daily.

But, you can get burned using the net.

Can you travel?

I think India would have cheap meds.

cb 

April 11, 2012 10:13 AM BST
  • ok chalicice iam relly fact do u think i shud still take i med a day and wud it reducew ma body hair or i shud keep diane with it?
      April 11, 2012 10:19 AM BST
  • Do not take this drug. DVT and pulmonary embolism could result. P.E. Can be Fatal!I lucked out and survived.
    <p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      April 12, 2012 4:43 AM BST
  • wat drug r u tlking about Jan and wat is DVT pulmonary embolism?
      April 12, 2012 11:52 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Aphey, DVT and pulmonary embolism are risks associated with Diane 35 that can cause death.
    It is foolish to take this drug unsupervised. Even more so when you seem to have no idea of the risks you are taking.
    Don't take Diane 35, instead look for 17-Beta estradiol, for example "Estrofem".

Proscar should be taken in very small doses, you need to cut a 5mg pill into tiny pieces, 10 or 20 if possible.
    If you are going to self-medicate you MUST research more and understand exactly what you are doing.
      April 13, 2012 12:29 AM BST
  • yikes! Get off the diana35 as soon as possible...you do need to research things before you end up killing yourself...there's tons of resources out there including here...I know Yahoo has a "Do it yourself hormone" group...you might try there as well...
    <p>Traci</p>
      April 13, 2012 5:00 AM BST
  • Aphey, Diane 35.DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis is blood clots forming in your legs when the clot blocks vein swelling and really bad pain results. If Clot breaks up,It'll most likely pass through your heart.When it does this ,it's called Pulmonary Embolisum. This is lethal in majority of cases. My Dr. told me that 97% of people that have clot as large as I had pass through heart don't survive.I had insurance that paid all but $2000 of $75,000 medical bill,but I don't want to wake up in ICU ever again. I'm now on blood thinners(Warfarin) for the rest of my life.

<p>Hugs,Jan</p>
    This post was edited by jan jefferies at April 13, 2012 5:07 AM BST
      April 13, 2012 5:02 AM BST
  • Warfarin...you do know it's other application, right? There HAS to be another alternative...is it working OK for you Jan?
    <p>Traci</p>
      April 13, 2012 5:21 AM BST
  • Yes,but it seems to work bets for long term usage. Dr. monitors me closely .I also have genetic condition called Factor 5 Leiden. Wikipedia has good article about it.

<p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      April 13, 2012 5:25 AM BST
  • glad to hear you're OK...the clots are truly dangerous, and certain forms of estrogen are far more likely to initiate them then others...
    <p>Traci</p>
      April 13, 2012 5:28 AM BST
  • Patches or IM injection poses least amount of risk.Also stop smoking whatever form of estrogen you use.

<p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      April 13, 2012 5:36 AM BST
  • wat is 17-Beta estradiol
      April 14, 2012 10:17 PM BST
  • Try wikipedia or google. good definitions there.
    <p>Hugs,Jan</p>
      April 15, 2012 12:50 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Aphey, it's the human form of estradiol (estrogen), the type that we make in our bodies. We no longer need to rely on extremely risky and dangerous forms of synthetic estrogen (such as found in Diane 35), as 17-beta estradiol can now be made in a laboratory.
    You need to do seriously do some homework if you are going to DIY hormones; more than just asking questions here, though we are glad to help if we can. If you are going to take responsibility for your own health then you need to start learning, big time.
    If you don't know the difference between ethinylestradiol (which you are taking) and 17-beta estradiol (which you probably should be taking) then you need to go away and find out.
    In short, Aphey, with such lack of knowledge, you are playing Russian roulette with your life.
    xx
      April 15, 2012 1:45 AM BST
  • so lucy wat do u suggest i should look for on the web
      April 15, 2012 8:08 AM BST