Adventures in Moving...

• 746 posts
    October 10, 2009 9:18 PM BST
    Shall we skate the canals?
    • 38 posts
    October 7, 2009 2:37 PM BST
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say I'm still alive and doing reasonably well.

I'm in the process of moving. Still.

On the 1st I had an apartment lined up, lease signed, ready to go. Get there with a vehicle full of stuff, go in to the building, open the door to the apartment expecting an empty place and the keys ready for me. What I found was two people still there, not packed, and showing no signs of moving out.

By the end of the day the property people had me in a temporary apartment in another location, but no power. Power was on by Friday night.

Almost a week later and I'm still not in the proper apartment, no Internet in the temp place and it could be another two weeks for the squatters to be out. They had given the required 60 days notice that they were moving and where they were to move to fell through apparently. If it is going to be another couple of weeks I'm going to be contacting a lawyer to see what my options are. This is freaking ridiculous.

On the plus side it's been almost two weeks since I started on HRT and no bad side effects.

And just to add some humour, here's a fun comic my sister sent me the other day:

http://www.venusenvycomic[...]hp?id=6
    http://www.venusenvycomic[...]hp?id=7

• 38 posts
    October 8, 2009 10:14 PM BST
    Thanks for the boost.

I'm still not moved into the proper place yet.

I'm thinking I'm just going to bugger off to Toronto for the weekend.

I find it hard to be pissed off with the current tenants. They're older and their accommodation plans fell through at the last minute and they're frantically trying to find a retirement home. That's not fun even when not pressed on time.

Talia.
    • 746 posts
    October 8, 2009 10:39 PM BST
    Talia...

if this wasn't a true story, I'd be laughing at the amount of hurdles you're going thru since nobody could possibly makes this up! Look for the rainbow in your life...coming to Ottawa soon!

Hang in, be strong!

Love,

Traci xxx
    • 38 posts
    October 10, 2009 4:15 AM BST
    If I couldn't laugh about it I'd be in tears.

Look forward to meeting you in person when you make it to Ottawa, Traci.
    • 38 posts
    October 30, 2009 2:35 AM GMT
    I haven't ice skated in years, > 10 if I remember right. It would certainly be interesting...

On the plus side, finally in the proper apartment and can get my crap in and start settling in.

They were out two weeks ago on Saturday, when they went in to clean it was a disaster, cleaned painted and had to sand and refinish the floors. I should have snapped before and after photos.

• 2017 posts
    October 7, 2009 4:19 PM BST
    Stuck in temporary lodgings, how awful. I hope this gets sorted sooner rather than later Talia.

Nikki
    • 1017 posts
    October 7, 2009 6:03 PM BST
    Hi Talia,

Moving is always a hassle, but what a nightmare!

I did want to thank you for the comics links, especially the second one. Does that ever ring true!

Hoping you are safe and sound in your own place very soon,
    Melody