Katie Price &

• 71 posts
    October 23, 2009 12:15 AM BST
    I'm not keen on Katie Price aka Jordan as a celebrity figure (I can't stand her!!!!), but this story was on the front page of Metro today

http://www.metro.co.uk/fa[...]ge_id=7

If it isn't just a PR gimmick & he does truly dress, it could help society view dressing as less "perverse" ?
    Also, as a SO, you often feel that openly supporting your partner puts you in a vulnerable situation as well. She's not the best role model for SOs, but a popular endorsement could be a good thing?

He looks more in drag than a true dresser to me, though.
    • 71 posts
    October 23, 2009 2:09 AM BST
    Absobloodylutely not!!!
    Can't stand her!!

However, it may be interesting to consider how her "being open about having a crossdressing partner" could possibly influence certain sections in our society to perceive TGs differently?

I know this is wishful thinking, but there are large elements in society who slavishly follow people such as her & I wonder whether this kind of press (albeit sensational & trashy) may assist in thosae sections of society being more understanding?

This is probably total wishful thinking!! LOL
    • 67 posts
    October 23, 2009 11:41 PM BST
    Its just a publicity stunt for her new book, and nothing more than that.

Paula
    • 2068 posts
    October 23, 2009 1:04 AM BST

Endorse katie PRICE???......you have got to be having a LAUGH!

Anna-Marie
    • 2573 posts
    October 23, 2009 2:32 AM BST
    Your TRANNYWEB TRANSGENDER NEWS has been following this story. Any high profile story showing that being a CD is common and unrelated to sexual preference will help dispel some of the myths surrounding it. This month, THREE cage fighters have "come out", albeit involuntarily, Since most male TGs are heterosexual males, stories like this can help with acceptance by SO's and the community at large....at the very least make them think twice before taking a punch at the next CD they encounter ;-) .Crossdressers get treated badly by the press. Other than media coverage, the terms "crossdresser" and "transvestite" are generally used pejoratively ("next thing you know Obama will appoint a transvestite butcher to head the Deptartment of Agriculture") or to appeal to prurient interests in a negative situation ("the crossdressing bank robber was caught when the 6" heel of his pumps broke off on a curb during the pursuit by local constables"). For that reason, if no other, we try to cover stories that matter to a large segment of our audience that gets little in the way of non-negative news coverage. There is darn little positive coverage out there other than Rocky Horror Picture Show reports.

Publicity or putting a spin on a bitchy Outing? Who knows. We will keep updating this story. Our CD members need to know what is going on in their world to discuss it from an informed position and to be able to use it for personal issues that may arise in their lives. While it may seem that we have forgotten you, at times, we do give you all the CD news that is worth repeating....or necessary to repeat.

Wendy Larsen, Editor, TRANNYWEB TRANSGENDER NEWS (TTN)
    • 2017 posts
    October 23, 2009 1:44 PM BST
    I saw this article and it was accompanied by a photo of him in a maids outfit. I think that will do us way more damage as a whole since it reinforces the stereotype than the fact that he is public with his cross-dressing. He looked more like a guy in drag on a stag night than anything else in my opinion. Still, if it goes some way into helping other S/O's accept their partners crossdressing then great. The downside is that TV/CD cannot be separated from the TS in the public eye so we are in danger of all being seen as guys in drag. Nothing new there.

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    October 23, 2009 3:21 PM BST
    Everytime I hear the name Katie Price acka Jordam, I cringe, its all sensationalism and don't think its doing anything for the cause, at all. What next a cage fight, between two guys dressed in drag. Loser, first one to lose their bra. shoddy and yuk.

Cristine
    • 734 posts
    October 25, 2009 12:27 AM BST
    Absolutely not a Katie Price fan. Now theres a surprise...

Thought her boyfriend looked quite uncomfortable in the photo.

x
    • 1652 posts
    October 25, 2009 12:43 AM BST
    His knickers were probably too small, Rae.
    Typical tabloid press story I reckon, boyfriend is snapped doing fancy dress and the media claim he's a crossdresser...
    xx
    • 2573 posts
    October 25, 2009 11:21 PM GMT
    The GLBT Hate Crime Bill, Matthew Shepard, (lets not change this thread to a discussion on whether it's needed or good) was passed this week attached to next year's US Defense Budget. Sometimes that is how "good" is done. Hopefully acceptance will grow for all of us, despite the wardrobe issues. Embracing us, figuratively speaking, may not change with this, but that will be the result of other stories, hopefully. When society's head is made of rock, one must chip away at it with a small chisel. Using dynamite may cause that head to just explode, lol.
    • 734 posts
    October 25, 2009 11:31 PM GMT
    Tbh, Lucy, that's what it looked like to me. Fancy dress, I mean, not the knickers...

xx