Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Help on covering my 5 clock shadow.

Help on covering my 5 clock shadow.

Tags : None
  • Hi girls, I need help on covering up my five clock shadow on my face with makeup can any one suggest any makeup I may need because I hate having the hair alignment after shaving the hair off on face.

With Love,
    Ashley
    Myspace account: http://www.myspace.com/513093521 I am still working on making it look great.
      November 19, 2009 6:24 AM GMT
  • Ashley,

I believe, if you have the usual blue-toned, under-skin, beard problem, that you will need a color negative (orange-toned) foundation base to hide it. I am not positive. I do not have the link tonight. I have one but those files need work to reinstall and sort from a lot of CDs so..........do not wait for me. Check with a professional hollywood/televison make up artist. I suspect there is a store in a big city. Or check Los Angles for stores that supply such make-up to professionals. I would google TG sites that give makeup tips. They address foundation issues frequently. Unfortunately, with the inrush of wonderful mineral makeups, the thick layered make up is out of fashion, probably forever....still it may be the best option without serious, permanent, hair-removal. Hope someone can give you a more definitive answer.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      November 19, 2009 1:35 PM GMT
  • Hello Ashley,
    You might give Dermablend a try, http://www.dermablend.com[...]oducts/
    Or you can try Ben Nye, this is for the stage, but will work quite well for your situation. http://www.bennye.com/
    You really have to try different products to get the results you want .
    Also here is another one you can try by Mac Cosmetics http://www.maccosmetics.com/
    Just Google a store that has Mac, and go there and ask for theatrical makeup, extra coverage, it works well even in places that gets quite warm. Something that you can do after you apply the foundation and set it is, buff it. It makes a smoother look, and will take any residual powder off. Also think about using a light bronzer, it helps things even out, but remember one thing that the late Kevyn Aucoin stressed, blend, blend and blend.... .http://www.kevynaucoin.com/
    One of these should work quite well for you until or if you choose to get electrolysis done. Another tip is to find out what kind of under tones you have to your skin, EX ruddy, yellow,etc. That will determine what kind of foundation or what color setting powder you
    Good luck......Tammy
    <p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      November 24, 2009 5:05 AM GMT
  • Hi Ashley
    One thing I have found to make the whole battle easier is slowing the growth in the first place. I use two products, one is relatively inexpensive, the other is a little expensive. The inexpensive one is Bikini Zone anti bump shave gel. I realize it's not made for your face but it slows the growth and can be purchased at almost any drugstore for about $6. Everything that I shave, and I shave almost everything, I use it on. There is also a product you can find online called ultra hair away. It is made to use on areas after completing another form of hair removal such as waxing. On areas I wax it has greatly reduced the amount of regrowth, on my face, it has further slowed the growth. It is a little expensive, about $60 a bottle, about $95 if you order 2 at a time. You use less as you go, in the beginning, twice a day. I use it about every other day now. In the beginning you can expect to use a $60 bottle in 3 to 4 weeks. I don't think it works as good as they say it does in the add, but until I can do laser I am hooked. But if money is an issue I think the gel will help quite a bit. If you feel weird about buying it there are similar products made for African American men and are sold in drug stores also. You might find a lot less need to cover if you can slow it down. I used to need to shave at least twice a day, now I can barely feel any stubble after 12 or 13 hours. Hope it helps.
    Hugs,
    Briana
    Briana Lynn
      July 28, 2010 11:38 PM BST
  • Hi again Kristina
    I left out one thing on the gel, how I use it. I apply it with a small loofah pad, then I shave. I repeat the process one more time. I get a very close shave this way. I hope you get both parts of this
    Briana
    Briana Lynn
      July 29, 2010 1:50 AM BST
  • Hi Kristina,

I buy a orange stick specifically called beard cover from a local TG friendly makeup shop.

You should be able to get it a a good makeup shop.

I am also testing a device called NO NO which is supposed to reduce future hair growth and help get rid of
    existing hair growth. Jury is out on how effective it is, but I am seeing temporary results.

It works by heating the hair follicle as a heating wire comes in contact with the hair and crystalizing it down to the root.
    You then use a buffer pad to remove the crystalized hair follicles. Over time (2-3 mo), the manufacturer claims a reduction in overall hair growth in the 70-80% range. Some GGirls have seen as high as a 90% reduction in growth (If you can believe the claims).

It has worked well on my arms, legs and underarms where it was the easiest to use the device. On flat parts of my face,
    it seemed to have significantly removed the hair and the hair seems to be growing back slowly. On the upper lip and chin however, the thicker hair seems to present a problem for the device. I've seen some hair removal, but not significant enough yet. Only time will tell if it works as well on facial hair.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

August 5, 2010 5:55 AM BST
  • Hi All,
    Just a followup on the NO NO device....

It works good on thin hair and ok on coarse hair. However, you need to be extremely careful about
    using it on your chin or upper lip, as it occasionally comes in contact with the skin in those areas.

Result - Hair removal, but with some small burn marks if it comes in contact with the skin. They go away
    quickly, but it looks like you nicked yourself shaving. A little painful. So be very careful about using it on
    areas of your body that are not relatively flat or smooth.

Also somewhat expensive.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
      August 13, 2010 6:28 AM BST
  • One of the least expensive ways I have found is to purchase a very cheap red/orange lipstick. Apply it to the face lightly over the areas that normally give off a blue hue when photographed and then apply your makeup over the top of the lipstick. Voila, no more blue face along the beard areas.

Hope this helps you.

ReginaLve
    Kisses to all, ReginaLve
      September 2, 2010 11:20 AM BST
  • Yes, I too have found Regina's suggestion of applying red lipstick over the blue hue, then your make up, to work quite well...

That said, Dermablend really does the job too....

traci
    <p>Traci</p>
      September 2, 2010 1:34 PM BST
  • Covering the beard is a problem for all of us. In my studio, I use two basic methods on my clients. Both are based upon the use of MAC Studio Tech Creme Foundation. It is a water based, full coverage foundation. Unlike products such as Dermablend, which I have used in the past, it is a "buildable" coverage. You can use a little or a lot, depending upon your needs. I use this foundation product on everyone from female high school seniors going to the prom, or sitting for their senior photos, to drag queens. It finishes, and photographs beautifully.
    The methods are...
    1. If you have a light to medium colored, beard use MAC Studio Finish Concealer over your beard area first using a foundation brush to apply. Stipple the product on using the ends of the brush hairs to get the product into the hair follicles for best coverage. Then apply MAC Studio Tech Creme Foundation over the concealer, and to the rest of your face using a makeup wedge. Set with MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder in a shade the same, or slightly lighter than your foundation applying with a large powder brush.
    2. If your beard is dark, use "Mehron Tatto Cover" over your beard area. Select a shade approximating, or slightly lighter than your foundation color. Apply with a makeup wedge.
    Next apply MAC Studio Tech Creme Foundation with a makeup sponge over the beard area. Set everything in place with MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder in a shade equal to or slightly lighter than your foundation.

As with all things makeup, remember my 3 favorite words.. BLEND! BLEND!! BLEND!!!

Stay beautiful girls,

Amanda Richards
    True Colors Makeup Artistry
    XO&&Amanda Richards&&www.amandarichards.com
      December 31, 2011 3:34 PM GMT