Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » Winter has it's benefits

Winter has it's benefits

Tags : None
  • Hi

Even though officially still autumn, in practicality it is winter. I love the winters, bundling up against the cold wind means wearing sweatshirts and sweaters. The added bulk does wonders from hiding bra straps and a couple of extra bulges may go unnoticed. The feel of hose on shaved legs is so nice and it does not make me feel hot like in the summer. Since I am not ‘out’ except to a few people, any extra opportunities I have, even hidden ones, I will take. Oh, I do like the winter.

Jeri
    Jeri Elaine “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” - Irina Dunn, 1970 Indecision is the key to flexibility. - unknown
      November 28, 2009 12:49 AM GMT
  • Hi Jeri,

I agree that winter is special. While we in the San Francisco Bay area have pretty temperate weather compared to the Dakotas, winter is still the time to wear long skirts, pretty sweaters, tights, boots and my favorite black peacoat.

Summer isn't so kind if you don't have a very feminine shape. Wearing a corset doesn't work very well with a swimsuit....

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      November 28, 2009 1:32 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Oh my yes. I can wear more feminine looking clothing & with it getting dark earlier it give one more places to go.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      November 28, 2009 2:00 AM GMT
  • Hi Jeri,

Yes indeed, winter has its benefits. I love getting the sweaters and turtle necks out. I'm from Michigan and it is a foregone conclusion that I will inevitably gain a few pounds, since I'm not as active. All of those nice warm clothes help hide the extra pounds. I hope that you thoroughly enjoy winter!

Hugs,

Donna

November 28, 2009 5:03 AM GMT
  • 35 Degrees Centigrade here today. I am wearing the minimum indoors. A pair of slippers.
    <p>ooxxoo</p>
      November 28, 2009 8:52 AM GMT
  • I love winter as much as summer, I enjoy the contrasting seasons, as they all have something to offer. My main reason for liking winter...................the skiiing!!!

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      November 28, 2009 2:30 PM GMT
  • A little off track here with my response, but I don't think of winter and clothing as much as I think of winter as the time for ice skating, sleigh riding and tobaggoning (sp??), skiing, snowmen, hot chocolate, fires in the fireplace, and warm woolen blankets! Of course the ear muffs, scarves, warm boots, lined parkas, and soft fluffy gloves are nice too!
    <p>Traci</p>
      November 28, 2009 10:12 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    I think of bitter winds, icy sidewalks, & cold cars. Not being able to feel my toes or fingers & having wet pantlegs.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      November 29, 2009 10:12 AM GMT
  • I completely agree. Much gets hidden under lots of clothes.

Now if winter were just not so cold.....
      January 6, 2010 11:53 PM GMT
  • I agree that winter does have it's benefits. Wearing longer skirts, boots, and my lovely calf-length camel overcoat (camel as in colour not material!).
    But it's so cold!
    Why can't Scotland have winter in the summer like Australia?
      January 7, 2010 4:48 AM GMT
  • I can empathize with those who are not fully out in that winter offers countless opportunities to wear what you would like. Been there done that. This is my second winter living fulltime so I now have a little different perspective. I try and dress fashionable, I've been called stylish by some that would know, lol. Sure I have my favorite coats like my black pea and the mink, but I hate covering up my nice dress clothes. I also miss wearing my sandals in the winter. Summer is the opposite where all I wear is shorts and cami tops, again nothing fancy. So for me, spring and fall are the best times when I can openly display my wardrobe, everything from dresses to slacks with nice tops.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      January 7, 2010 1:45 PM GMT